Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!  (Read 27689 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - Day 2: When two tribes go to war...
« Reply #255 on: June 19, 2010, 08:02:12 pm »

Quote from: BlargityBlarg
Toaster, I am again posting without much time, but you seem to be attacking criptfeind without a response. That's some kind of scumtell, bussing I think, Christ knows Siquo used it to get me killed in BMX. Ottofar remains too damn scummy not to take my vote off of.

Looking over the thread, I'm inclined to withdraw this FoS. Cript appears to ignore or delay response indefinitely to everything everyone but his current target says; right now it's Azure Sepulchre, yesterday it was Leafy... Oi vey, the man is wearing blinkers.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2010, 05:44:12 am »

Eduren, what, you mean no lynch is better?

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2010, 09:50:25 am »

Ottofar's not talking, and I'm satisfied with Leaf and Cript for the moment, so...
*shuffles through notes*
Right!

I still haven't even discounted the possibility that we're dealing with newbwolves who failed to kill because they forgot to send in a kill pm.  That alone would make Pimpson and GeneralGuy our werewolves.

With that assumption in mind, further analysis has extended the probable werewolf list to include (in order from most to least probable):

Pimpson
Martian (BlargityBlarg)
GeneralGuy (Eduren)
Pandarsenic (Ottofar)
Webadict (Azure Sepulchre)

I think Webadict and Pandarsenic would be too responsible to let the night slip by without a kill, but they get a place on my suspect list because I am further assuming that they assumed their partner would fill in and provide a kill for them.

If a mafia dies tonight, we'll know for sure that this is wrong (werewolves couldn't simply get lucky because mafia would still have their killshield).  However, I think this is much more likely than Cript and Leaf's arguments for the others scumminess and, lo and behold, Ottofar is still on the suspect list.

I think the best thing would be to lynch Pimpson so we won't have to bother replacing him, but I'd rather see Ottofar lynched than Criptfiend right now, so I'm keeping my vote there.  Get your game together, Ottofar.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2010, 10:07:25 am »

Lonewolf, that's a dangerous assumption to base a lynch off of.  I'd rather Pimpson's replacement post some actual content than we lynch him for nonparticipation.  If he flips town, we've wasted the day and given the scums another two kills.  We can hope that one of those two kills will be a mafioso, but it's not a guarantee.

We've gotten lots of good discussion today- let's use it to plan out a lynch.

On that note, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to an Ottofar lynch if he continues to not contribute.

Ottofar, please post some actual content.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2010, 10:17:38 am »

I know.  I don't want to lynch Ottofar because it looks to me like he's trying out a new playstyle more than it looks like he's scum.  He and Pimpson are the only two people on the list who I find scummy right now (my judgement of Pimpson being based on my feelings at the end of D1), and it is still possible for Ottofar to redeem himself.  If he doesn't, by all means let's lynch him.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leaf couldn't have been chainsaw defending Nuke, since Nuke was town.  That kills that part of your argument.  I'm having trouble finding the rest of your argument against him- could you either point it out or summarize for me? 

Ya sure I got some quotes here of other reasons I want him dead.

He starts out doing what must be budding? Something? I don't know why he was chainsawing for nuke but whatever. Than he

is lying and misinterpreting what I and others are saying just to make others points look less valid.

Than he goes on to say
Cript - I originally thought it was a chainsaw defence, before realizing later it was a shitty deflection.  Either way, you should be attacking Nuke, and either way, you are scum.
Stop fucking saying that I need to attack nuke, fuck you, I will attack whoever I think needs it and/or is the most scummy. Every time ether one of you post he just climbs up on my scum-o-meter but for the last several pages you have managed to hold on to the top spot in my scum list. Congrats, you need to die.

And than he even quicker devolves into a lie fest of epic proportions.

At his point I want him dead for more 'normal' reasons.

What I see is that you think the wolves picked one of you or Leaf, and since you say you're town, that means they hit Leaf, who must be mafia.  That's speculative at best- is there something I'm missing?

Also, throwing out the "prove me wrong" line is a sign that you don't actually have an argument.

Yes, with two scum teams it seems unlikely to me that they would not attack a player in the main fiasco of the day, it is basically great no mater what happens, unless they are stupid about it that is. Ever since them it seems to me that everything is playing out like it would if they attacked.

But ah see, I was not voting him at the time. Since then he has proven me very right.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2010, 05:49:38 pm »

quote=Criptfeind]I have not latched on to anyone until they are dead.

Wait, what? Do you mean 'I have not latched on to anyone and gotten off before they were dead'? Because otherwise that sentence makes no sense.
[/quote]

I think they are both true. I have not gotten off anyone and I have not been on anyone who has been lynched.

Nuke is sorta a gray area but I maintain that I wanted leaf to be lynched.

Cript appears to ignore or delay response indefinitely to everything everyone but his current target says; right now it's Azure Sepulchre, yesterday it was Leafy... Oi vey, the man is wearing blinkers.

I take offense to that, I have only done that twice in this game. One time to toaster because I missed him and was at a bad computer when I noticed and once to you because I was at a bad computer.

I have learned since bring your own role.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2010, 06:01:09 pm »

Although right on wolf being town (but not for your reason, he wants to lynch people from both scum teams. Ie: you and otto) But his logic for that argument depends on me being wrong, if I am town that clears you? I don't think so. Hell even he is not trying to do that for the time being, you are just looking for any reasons to lynch me because, as I say, you don't care of the consequences.
If I don't care of the consequences, why am I getting you lynched?  If I don't care, wouldn't I, y'know, not do anything in particular?

Ummm... no? Try reading that again.

Wait.  You're saying he wouldn't go anywhere near the person he knew to be scum or wolf.

unless I though I had a good chance to lynch him, than I would vote him.

Way to twist my words. Also you seem to even agree
why risk attacking him in the day?  Why not just go after him at night?

That is the difference here. He Fos me and voted you. Fos is getting close but not trying to lynch. Under my logic he does not think of me as scum. Under your logic... you are a hypocrite is basically the only thing I can get out of your lack of logic.

So, you were expecting something to happen which involving rules you didn't know about.  Yeah right.

What part of almost do you not understand, I thought you would be dead at this point.
Which is why you were trying to lynch me all day?
[/quote]

Um... I am not. No really read my fucking posts, I keep saying not to kill you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2010, 06:25:02 pm »

Apparently my "lie fest" was so epic that criptfeind can't provide a single genuine example.  Awesome.

I think they are both true. I have not gotten off anyone and I have not been on anyone who has been lynched.

Nuke is sorta a gray area but I maintain that I wanted leaf to be lynched.
"This mislynch strategy worked yesterday!  Why won't it work today??"

Ya sure I got some quotes here of other reasons I want him dead.

He starts out doing what must be budding? Something? I don't know why he was chainsawing for nuke but whatever.
Yes.  As scum, I buddy townies who are about to get lynched.  That is a totally logical strategy.

Also, there is no reason at all why I'd indirectly defend a townie from attacks made by scum.

Y'see, you can't even explain why defending a townie could possibly be seen as scummy.  You're just using the words "chainsaw defence" and hoping someone latches onto them.

Yes, with two scum teams it seems unlikely to me that they would not attack a player in the main fiasco of the day, it is basically great no mater what happens, unless they are stupid about it that is. Ever since them it seems to me that everything is playing out like it would if they attacked.
Yes.  Scum will obviously attack the people most likely to be lynched (or their own team if the people involved are scum).  Mislynches are very anti-scum.

Ummm... no? Try reading that again.
I can see what you wrote, and I'm telling you your logic is broken.  If I don't care about what happens today, I'm not gonna spend all day pushing a mislynch on a random person.  I'd probably do my best to out or lynch a town PR, rather than wasting my time.

unless I though I had a good chance to lynch him, than I would vote him.

Way to twist my words. Also you seem to even agree
I do agree with "Werewolves are likely to stay the fuck away from the guy they killed last night".

If you're saying Ottofar is a werewolf, though, this logic actually makes me more town.  Again, your logic is a) horribly overextrapolated and b) complete crap.

Um... I am not. No really read my fucking posts, I keep saying not to kill you.
PAST TENSE.  It denotes things that happened in THE PAST.

I mean you spent all day trying to lynch me on day one even though you were sure the other scumteam would kill me in the night.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2010, 06:27:20 pm »

On to Azure. I am sorry for posting from a bad computer, it truly does not help my post quality.

2: Two you don’t… ah fuck I don’t know where to even start so much is wrong and the computer I am on is crappy. Nuke was not ‘defending himself’ he was saying “I am not scums because that is how I roles” Almost everything he said was chainsaw of Leaf or OMGUS. So yes that would indeed make me the victim. Although I don’t remember ‘playing the victim’ as you say. Kind sirah how can you not see budding in the first day? Really answer that.

Pfft; quotes, if you don't mind.

And I fail to see how you're the victim in all that, considering you're still six feet above the man you got killed.

Random vote stage is over; you are quite welcome. Gods, I hate RVS.

Unfortunately, every post (by me) that has preceded this one has been an attempt to stir up the game and the RVS.

And that is like saying a person who is mugged is not the victim if their mugger gets justice.

And that is how far down I go before I realized that my frustrations in my post the other day came not from the computer but from Azure Sepulchre himself. Can someone (other than leaf) really answer.

Really? Just looks like a fairly-made - and unanswered, I can't help but notice - cluster of questions to me. Does anyone else happen to disagree with my inquiries, or is cript just rubbish at deflecting?

Because I cant tell if I am doing something wrong here or if Azure is really that dumb that he cant understand what I am saying or that he is just really really bad scum.. Do any of you people know what I am trying to do here?

I am going to take a break.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2010, 05:04:16 am »

Eduren, what, you mean no lynch is better?
I don't recall saying that.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 21, 2010, 09:12:22 am »

Quote from: BlargityBlarg
Toaster, I am again posting without much time, but you seem to be attacking criptfeind without a response. That's some kind of scumtell, bussing I think, Christ knows Siquo used it to get me killed in BMX. Ottofar remains too damn scummy not to take my vote off of.

Looking over the thread, I'm inclined to withdraw this FoS. Cript appears to ignore or delay response indefinitely to everything everyone but his current target says; right now it's Azure Sepulchre, yesterday it was Leafy... Oi vey, the man is wearing blinkers.

Is that it?  Do his last posts change that sentiment?  Anything else?

Cript:  Your arguments are getting hard to follow.  I do have a couple questions for you, though.  Clearly you assume Leafsnail will be wolfkilled tonight and flip mafia, and you think if Otto is lynched he will flip wolf.  Who would you suspect if Otto flipped wolf and Leaf died as town?   What about if Otto flipped town and Leaf died as mafia?  What if Leaf isn't NKed?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 21, 2010, 10:32:51 am »

Random vote stage is over; you are quite welcome. Gods, I hate RVS.

Unfortunately, every post (by me) that has preceded this one has been an attempt to stir up the game and the RVS.

Quotes. Plural. Y'know, like the three I gave you? However, I will say this was a particularly... ill-phrased post by Nuke. Does make him look rather scummy. But it doesn't explain why you targetted him over Leaf - the one you strongly suspected was scum, as opposed to lynching someone you merely guessed was scum - nor does it explain why you thought he and Leaf were purposely buddying. And yes, I have already explained why I don't think they were truly buddying. It was in that post I made earlier; y'know, the one you almost completely ignored?

And that is like saying a person who is mugged is not the victim if their mugger gets justice.

Except it's not. Because Nuke didn't 'mug' you - if we're going to talk in metaphors now. On the contrary, actually; considering it was you, by all appearances, who 'mugged' him.

And that is how far down I go before I realized that my frustrations in my post the other day came not from the computer but from Azure Sepulchre himself. Can someone (other than leaf) really answer.

Because I cant tell if I am doing something wrong here or if Azure is really that dumb that he cant understand what I am saying or that he is just really really bad scum.. Do any of you people know what I am trying to do here?

Perhaps we wouldn't have such a difficult time getting to grips with what you've written if you'd done something simple with them like, oh, I dunno, ran them through a spell-checker? And the fact that I have 'frustrated' you does not outright excuse you from my argument. In fact, it simply comes across as evasion - pretty clumsy evasion, at that.

I've taken the time to try and respond to whatever meaningless jibberish you throw in my face, and then you have the sheer gall to get uppity because I've frustrated you? Jesus wept...

But ah see, I was not voting him at the time. Since then he has proven me very right.

Haha, hmm. This should certainly be enjoyable.

How's that, then?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 21, 2010, 10:49:17 am »

Your arguments are getting hard to follow.  I do have a couple questions for you, though.  Clearly you assume Leafsnail will be wolfkilled tonight and flip mafia, and you think if Otto is lynched he will flip wolf.  Who would you suspect if Otto flipped wolf and Leaf died as town?   What about if Otto flipped town and Leaf died as mafia?  What if Leaf isn't NKed?

I assume he will flip mafia true. I do not know if Otto will flip wolf, I am as far as he goes not using a "gambit" and so do not know. If Otto flipped wolf and leaf flipped town (something by the way can not happened, if leaf is town he will not die anyway.) than I would be at a complete loss with no idea what was happening. If Otto flipped town and leaf flips Mafia than I will be unhappy I was wrong about Otto but not put out as to what my main game is. If leaf is not NK than I believe he is more likely to be town and I will have to review him again.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 21, 2010, 10:51:37 am »

Okay fine Azure I will try to go over it again (For like the fourth time) for you.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29