Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 76930 times)

Aner-Dyfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #270 on: November 03, 2010, 05:24:21 pm »

I'm not sure this classifies as although useless to me, I've already got a couple of legendary or near stonecrafters, the image is awesome.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:29:21 pm by Aner-Dyfan »

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 03, 2010, 05:56:08 pm »

I want to see some pants made out of dwarfskin and bones...

This thread needs more Fell and Macabre moods!

I just got one, actually.
"This is a dwarf bone maul. All craftsdwarfship is of the finest quality."

...He called it "GlowWorm".

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 03, 2010, 05:59:49 pm »

epic...

Urist McTaverish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 03, 2010, 09:57:34 pm »

I already have tons of masterwork bone and silver bolts. They've fallen into magma a few times, but the makers have been prolific enough that it hardly phases them. Even though bone crafts are worth even less, they're a much more renewable resource, with few other uses. Woodcrafts couldn't never be worth as much as the fuel, beds and storage containers are, so my legendary woodcrafters all get to be haulers for life.

Sounds like a set-up for a Dwarf Fortress "Where Are They Now?"

These males and females were at the peak of their careers when they created artifacts, only to fall as quickly as they rose and become furniture haulers because the overseer deemed their life's work "useless."
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.
But at least after all the chaos, the weather cleared.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 05, 2010, 03:37:00 pm »

I want to see some pants made out of dwarfskin and bones...

This thread needs more Fell and Macabre moods!

I just got one, actually.
"This is a dwarf bone maul. All craftsdwarfship is of the finest quality."

...He called it "GlowWorm".

everything you need to know about DF in one item.
This is a blank sig.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 08, 2010, 10:37:35 am »

A goblin bone ring. That's cool enough, isn't it? I guess it has to be since all the other expensive components vanished up this bonehead's ass, apparently leaving a value of 1200, which is more than I'd pay for goblin bone. Looks like another legendary joins the honorable peasantry; hauler duty for you, my friend.

Tommy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 08, 2010, 10:40:23 am »

Don't blame the craftsdwarf, blame the game.  Bone-based artifacts are bugged, and wipe out their decorations.
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER
Dwarf Fortress in a nutshell. It includes dead things, parties, and getting really excited over updates.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 08, 2010, 02:46:23 pm »

hey I got a rock nut sword and a coal mini-forge or something... yeah... some time ago.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 08, 2010, 07:00:43 pm »

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with a simple bone gauntlet. I'm not saying that an artifact being worth little over 1000 is inherently bad. I'm not saying that refusing to start your project until I've dug down into the second level of caverns- resulting in a pretty irritating Elk Bird problem- to get you silk cloth that you don't even end up using is wrong. But I am implying it. With no subtlety whatsoever.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2010, 09:34:14 am »

Bonudatur, ""The Sooty Spire", a pig tail fiber sock
This is a pig tail fiber sock. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with pig tail fiber. It is made from pig tail fiber cloth. On the iten is  an image of cave fish in pig tail fiber.
$6640

I'm ecstatic.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

!!tordek!!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 11, 2010, 10:04:36 am »

The first artifact I got was pretty much the best thing ever, the second one was complete junk
Mebzuthinir the wheeled chaos (or something like that)
this is a steel mace, all craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality it is studded with platinum and menaces with spikes of bloodstone. engraved on it is an image of an elf, the elf is cringing. engraved on it is an image of a dwarf, the dwarf is laughing.

and the second one was a mudstone ring, menacing with spikes of mountain goat bone and was worth like, 1600

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 11, 2010, 12:15:01 pm »

My favorite item ever is also completely useless.

Izeg Rethal, "The Ape of Societies", a bloodstone flask

This is a blodostone flask. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of bloodstone, racoon bone, donkey leather and tiger leather. This object is adorned with hanging rings of bloodstone and menaces with spikes of bloodstone.
On the item is an image of Zefon Foldedclasp the dwarf and dwarves in cedar. Zefon Foldedclasp is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Zefon Foldedclasp to the position of queen of the Stern Gear in 73.

Man, I wouldn't mind owning that flask. Especially after I've seen pictures of what bloodstone actually looks like. Another time I wish I could assign items to dwarves.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 11, 2010, 12:24:33 pm »

Flasks, like backpacks, will be used by soldiers. That actually isn't useless.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 11, 2010, 12:31:42 pm »

These males and females were at the peak of their careers when they created artifacts, only to fall as quickly as they rose and become furniture haulers because the overseer deemed their life's work "useless."
It can be so unfair sometimes, can't it? Most of them were already deemed useless, and a good mood was their ticket to ever having a career other than serf. Some of them were more valuable doing something else anyway -- like an Axedwarf a hair away from legendary fighter and Axelord, great brewer and cook, naturally could hold his own gathering herbs in dangerous territories, got a moody hair up his ass to create an acacia sceptre. "Er, that's great, just throw it in the relic pile gathering dust and get back to training."

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 11, 2010, 02:16:27 pm »

Okay, so this one kind of doesn't count because it's the most valuable object in my fortress (I have multiple quantum artifacts, but this isn't one). But seriously, why did he have to use raw adamantine for a bracelet? Why not something at least the slightest bit useful? a helmet? a gauntlet, even? To make matters worse, the bracelet itself wasn't adamantine, it was magnetite. The adamantine was used for an image of a toad.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32