Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should the leader of the Automatons be made of?

Platinum
Diamond
Platinum bones and Diamond tissue

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Automaton Fortress (2.0)  (Read 26800 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Automaton Fortress (2.0)
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2010, 11:58:52 am »

Pets will only be hard if we want them to be limited to Automatons. If not, then it is easy.

The body part ideas are good, but flying is bugged in Fortress mode for the playable race. I could give them wings or jet packs, but they wouldn't do anything special.

Don't expect any major updates anytime soon, I've been busy. The offer still stands for someone who wants to take over.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2010, 10:19:27 pm »

I declare this project officially dead to me. Someone else can take over and start modding if they would like to and I would change the download to include any additions/changes. Sorry, I cannot continue.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2011, 02:58:17 pm »

I was wondering if the automatons have to build each other, if so how do you do it?
What do you think? Yes? No?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2011, 03:13:54 pm »

No they don't. That would be cool if that was possible though.

kazzum

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me, I Regret many things, but not this
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2011, 03:15:40 pm »

If someone would show me a couple links to modding i might try my hand at modding this mod...

I know its a bit much to ask for but if no one is willing to come halfway for me then ill just let it sit as is.

(I hope i don't look to much like an ass.)
I tried to make my own mod once. Then I took a raw to the knee.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2011, 09:29:50 am »

If you haven't already, read this guide from the wiki.
Also, necromancy.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2011, 11:11:30 am »

You could also use oily stone for drink varieties (Stone -> Extractor machine -> Petroleum = drink or plastic material or fuel).
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kazzum

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me, I Regret many things, but not this
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2011, 02:38:14 pm »

thanks ill start working on this right away, ill ask questions whenever i don't understand, this will probably take me awhile. please hang tight. also i might use the oil for medical supplies as apposed to food and make the automatons take damage over time needing the oil periodically,if your opposed to this idea and like the original better let me know.
I tried to make my own mod once. Then I took a raw to the knee.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2011, 01:34:55 pm »

If you would like me to assist with adding to this mod, i will as i said i couldn't work on this mod over a year ago lol... I have time now so i can start modding it again, no guarantees though.

Kazzum, whatever you add to this mod, put 'by kazzum' under its name so you receive proper credit. I will add your name to the front page if i receive something from you. Just send it to me in a message and I will edit the download link. Weird to see someone still interested in this mod haha. I mainly stopped since a lot of people didn't really seem to care if i advanced it.

If anyone has any ideas of what should be added, post it and i will add it to the to do list.

I think even if it isn't active we should continue to brainstorm as you guys did before Daywalkah started on the raws.  The previous brainstorming seems to have fleshed out the mod a lot and made things easier for Daywalkah and so continuing the brainstorming will help him in the future or any modder who decides to add to it as well :)

Pets:
So for Automaton pets.  I like the idea of having the fortress filled with little cleaning rovers like the ones in starwars films.  Like pet roombahs that are self replicating.  They could kill rodents and fill the halls replacing the function of cats!  Maybe they can be "butchered" for parts and can be one of the sources of Automaton food?

Castes
I know the castes are pretty much fleshed out but I was hopping for more variety in body shape as well.  If these Automata and are built for different functions they should also have different forms.  I'm not sure how hard it would be but I was thinking of things like:
1 caste has 4 arms, maybe the dimmer Copper Caste who is usually religated to more of the menial labour.
1 caste has 2 heads, one of the intelligent castes?  I'm not even sure if this is possible.
1 caste has Jet Packs/Steam hover feet.  I dunno how buggy flying Civs are but I think this would be really cool.

Those are my ideas

Regarding the jetpack idea, that would work now I believe. If the Automatons can access the area by foot, they will fly there at times. I've tested it a few times with dwarves and it worked nicely. The rovers for pets could be added and is a good idea! Keep them coming!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:00:27 pm by Daywalkah »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2011, 03:32:49 pm »

I was wondering if the automatons have to build each other, if so how do you do it?
make them shoot out eggs and have no babies or children then use egg hatcher from Dfusion, instant robots.
just be sure to have Dwarf therapist at hand if you set the number of eggs to 50.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2011, 05:23:43 pm »

This dosn't have a graphics pack does it?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2011, 05:28:07 pm »

This dosn't have a graphics pack does it?

Unfortunately, no. A while ago, I think Ironhand offered to make graphics for another one of my mods. I can see if his offer will stand for this mod, once I add more material for him to work with.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2011, 05:34:34 pm »

Ok, It's no problem. It's an interesting mod.
I have been playing DF for some years now and still cannot get to ASCII.. Sad isn't it?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2011, 05:42:14 pm »

Ok, It's no problem. It's an interesting mod.
I have been playing DF for some years now and still cannot get to ASCII.. Sad isn't it?

Really? I don't like graphics to be honest. The ASCII has always been my favorite. Everyone has their preference. If I can get graphics, it won't be soon. As I said, I don't want someone to offer and only make graphics for the two things I actually have in this mod haha.

Felixg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2011, 02:47:23 am »

This conversion seems like it has a lot of promise! I just started it up, though is there any way to get an automaton adventurer?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9