Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should the leader of the Automatons be made of?

Platinum
Diamond
Platinum bones and Diamond tissue

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Automaton Fortress (2.0)  (Read 26806 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Automaton Fortress (1.1)
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2010, 02:31:09 pm »

I vote that the leader should be made of diamond, if you're willing to step outside of metals.

Great mod, by the way.   :D

Diamonds is a cool idea! I will add it to the poll.

Automata, man. "Automatons" is technically correct, but it's just as retarded as "colossuses".

Well I'm sorry that I'm apparently incorrect. I've only heard of this creature as 'Automaton', never 'Automata'. I've just looked it up, which you probably would have asked me to. They both appeared, Automaton more frequently as a self operating machine, Automata mostly as a theory. You can just not post anymore if your really just going to post about an idea being retarded. Why do you even play Dwarf Fortress if you have these VERY minor problems? Read this line from the raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would agree it should be colossi, but it is so minor I really couldn't give a damn.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2010, 03:14:16 pm »

One automaton, two automata. But you're, of course, right. It's minor, it just bugs me when I see stuff like that.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2010, 05:20:42 pm »

Sorry about me snapping about it, I was in a not so good mood. So instead of Automatons, it should be Automata? Or instead of Automatonic (in example, Automatonic Mountain Halls)  or Automata. Again, I am sorry for snapping, I was in a very bad mood.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2010, 07:10:40 pm »

I'd say in general usage, "automata" is probably more appropriate for referring to the concept, or associated theories. In this context however, I think it makes sense to use it although I don't really think it's a major deal.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2010, 07:30:58 pm »

Yeah that makes sense. I'll decide on it at some point. If other people end up offering an opinion, I'll base it off of that. I'll add it to the list.

EDIT: The person who voted 'other' never said what they want. Please post your idea if you're reading this. It could be potentially really cool!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:33:57 pm by dragon1423 »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2010, 07:36:54 pm »

Hey, what about Aluminum for the rulers?

Or, you could have a very dilute alloy of adamantine and another metal. Perhaps the progenitor of the race was adamantine, and when he died, they melted down his sacred body and made an alloy out of it, to preserve his "bloodline" as long as possible in the new rulers?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2010, 07:41:09 pm »

I like the diluted adamantine idea! Do you still want aluminum in the poll? If so, I can remove the 'other' category.

EDIT: I never knew they added slots....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:42:48 pm by dragon1423 »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2010, 09:39:04 pm »

I voted other. I like the idea of steel automata.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2010, 01:48:05 pm »

Steel automata for leader? That works nicely so they aren't almost unkillable, like the diluted adamantine. Both those ideas are good because the leader won't be push overs either. I plan to be able to work on the Automatons today.

Pathos

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2010, 02:02:05 pm »

No brass golems. Just give them all brass balls.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2010, 02:04:50 pm »

I saw this coming...  ;D I'll add it if they have a good use. Perhaps just for humor?

EDIT: I am going to work on the oil being poisonous when I get some ideas from the community. So far, I think nausea, dizziness, coughing and vomiting blood should be in.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 02:30:56 pm by dragon1423 »

Lamey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2010, 02:40:33 am »

I saw this coming...  ;D I'll add it if they have a good use. Perhaps just for humor?

EDIT: I am going to work on the oil being poisonous when I get some ideas from the community. So far, I think nausea, dizziness, coughing and vomiting blood should be in.

According to the all-knowing all-seeing eye of wikipedia, castor oil causes diarrhea and vomiting.  It shouldn't be fatal though.

Ricin - which is very toxic - is a byproduct of castor oil production.

So what are they using the Castor Oil for game-wise, and what is it you intend to represent them using it for?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2010, 01:50:27 pm »

Oil in general is a drink. Automatons run on fuel, as it is called in the game. Oil was going to be food, based on how much they use it. Cars use oil less than gasoline, dwarves drink more than eat.

That a good explanation?

EDIT: I'm going to reset the poll. It will be between diamond and platinum.

tuzed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2010, 05:37:36 pm »

How about a combination of both diamond and platinum? Diamond tissue with platinum bones?
DIG DEEPER!!!

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2010, 05:43:37 pm »

How about a combination of both diamond and platinum? Diamond tissue with platinum bones?

You're a madman. I like you.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9