Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 20, Moved to The Agora)  (Read 41205 times)

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile

Take it easy, we don't want you to burn out. :)

No, no, no, no, no...this wasn't supposed to happen. God dammit, this is a great way to start things off. Ugh. Anyway, I should stop moping around and do something before I get some sleep. Maybe I should talk to someone, that could help me feel better, but before that, I try to find a blank notebook of some sort in my quarters. If I do, I'll take out my pen and start writing a log of my time on the Swiftwing as the days go by. If I can't find a notebook, hopefully I have a computer. That'll be just as useful to me.

After that, I will head out of my room and start looking for someone who can cheer me up. I'm mostly aiming for Faden. She's our chief medical officer. Surely, she can help.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile

Note that the length of next turn is indeteminate as I'm going to try travel turns...Post what you will generally do in these days (or weeks, even monthes for that matter). I will also first finish the part left unfinished in the Turn 4, though.
Nimitz: Thanks :)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check up on Flintus regularly, get to know my crewmates better, maintain the botanical gardens, read up on surgery, avoid the holodeck!
I will instruct my crew to study first aid when they have some free time!

Edit: Added actions for my crew
Edit2: Added more actions.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:02:11 am by Faden »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My engineers will continue to repair malfunctions, starting with the holodeck. I'll work out a plan for properly maintaining all systems, and ensure my engineers stick to it. I will offer counseling to any crew members who need it, particularly encouraging those involved in the holodeck incident. I'll be trying to acquaint myself with the ship's systems and plan out how to efficiently use the power in case of a battle. I'll hold a drill every month, getting response teams out to various portions of the ship for "emergency repairs."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will get to know the entire crew better and make sure to consistantly keep my security team training.

I will also get help from Nirur whenever he has free time so that I can better understand the security systems.

Also after being embarrasingly incapacitated on the holodeck I will train my own combat skills to make sure I don't get rusty.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:16:31 pm by Flintus10 »

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile

Posting my turn.

{TRAVEL}

Mood - I will be depressed, for 2-3 days, then I will start getting better over time. ("SHIT SHIT SHIT! What have I done? What was I thinking when I arranged that stupid game, I should know better than anyone that this isn't a danmn playground.")

During travel time, I will visit Flintus to chat every single day, until he recovers (I'm assuming he will be resting in his quarters or on the Medibay most of the time).

I will appoint Flintus as my second in command, and I will make sure all the officers understand that this as nothing to do with "making up for shooting you". ((Honestly I did it because of his stats, he's good interacting with the crew and he can defend himself.))

I will chat with crewmembers as many times as possible, I want to know who I'm flying with.

I will use the holodeck to gun practice ALONE, against computer generated enemies.
((Only when it gets fixed of course))

I will refuse counseling.

I will arrange meetings with my officers every other day to make sure everything is ok

If anything major comes up I will make another post.

EDIT: I also will plan ahead the best course of action to follow in case we encounter enemies and do one or two drills, if I have the time.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:58:21 pm by Batista »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take it easy man, don't burn yourself out over this.

Anyways, not really sure what to post, but I'll have a go at it.

Do my usual duties as department head and do any experiments that I myself have planned.

In my free time, hang around the biodeck (the gardens or whatever) while going through martial arts routines, chat with the department members to discern what their thoughts are and just for friendly talk or just talk shop.

Avoid the Holodeck until its fixed. When it is fixed, use it for simulating various environments with various creatures as part of his interest as a xenobiologist.

If anybody is interested in the martial arts routines, offer a class for it, possibly getting advice from Faden as well.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 4, Waiting for Paranatural)
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2010, 07:17:36 am »

Next turn coming out in 48 hours, also waiting for Paranatural.
Seems like weekends are actually busier for me :P
EDIT: And Nimitz do you have any others actions you will generally do in these monthes besides recording personal log?
EDIT2: Will wait for Paranatural for 12 hours from now before putting him on AI...and a bit of spoiler:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:41:14 am by NoctisVampire »

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2010, 11:01:46 am »

Oh, the next turn takes place over months? Okay, then.

If I cheer up, I'll keep trying to cheer up and befriend my crewmates, especially the alien members. They're so cool.
I'll stay away from the holodeck for a while, but maybe I'll return to it later in the month to work more on emergency maneuvers.
I will also keep track of our progress with my Insta-Map.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2010, 11:27:29 am »

Sorry

I'll spend my days at my post, gaining familiarity with my station and the tactical controls.

In my free time I'll spend it weaving tales of long ago battles in the Mess Hall, and occasional funny stories.

Also, I'll try and convince people to practice with me in the Holodeck, fighting various small groups of bandits and occasionally larger ships we should not be able to defeat.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2010, 12:59:14 pm »

Also, I'll try and convince people to practice with me in the Holodeck, fighting various small groups of bandits and occasionally larger ships we should not be able to defeat.[/b]

I'll join that.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2010, 01:32:08 pm »

Also, I'll try and convince people to practice with me in the Holodeck, fighting various small groups of bandits and occasionally larger ships we should not be able to defeat.

I'll probably still be a bit reluctant, but I think I'll do it.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not to be a conformist but I will take part in this aswell.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First attempt on a travel turn...Sorry about the delay, haven't got too much time on this in the weekend...
Too much not-so-random rolls...is random.org good?
also...Limit on skill count is now lifted.
Turn 5
-----------
  2421.10.8 1050 hours [Travel Turn:[5]about 14 weeks]

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nimitz (click to show/hide)

Triple 5's on botany...VERY good luck :)
Spoiler: Faden (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Batista (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sxtan (click to show/hide)

Man... three 5's in a row...What did you say to RNG as prayer? :D
Spoiler: Para (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CNS-15322 Swiftwing (click to show/hide)

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Character sheet:

Command:Batista
Spoiler: Batista (click to show/hide)

Medical:Faden
Spoiler: Faden (click to show/hide)

Operations/Engineering:Nirur Torir
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Science:Sxtan(smjjames)
Spoiler: Sxtan (click to show/hide)

Operations/Security, First Officer:Flintus
Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Operations/NavigationNimitz
Spoiler: Nimitz (click to show/hide)

Operations/Tactical:Para(Paranatural)
Spoiler: Para (click to show/hide)
Splitted in 2 part...I seemed to have hit the upper limit in message size...
EDIT: Forgotten to add one of Faden's new skill
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:40:23 am by NoctisVampire »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27