Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75837 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2010, 08:05:02 am »

Gheronaton chuckled. "Your brain and my brawn, eh? Blessed she shall be indeed."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2010, 08:11:19 am »

She looked scared, stunned and at the same time amazed as her surroundings changed. She opened her mouth to speak, then closing it again as the Gods spoke of her. She looked up, finding no stars, no refuge to rest her gaze upon, to calm her.

It was too much for her. The changes, words and confusion got a grasp on her, and they were fueled into an anger she had never felt before. Clenching her fists and gritting her teeth, her vision went red. She was in need of something to calm down, someone to shelter her, or else she might.. Lose control.
What are you? What am I? And.. And how.. I- Quiet! The lost world she shouted, finding a way to express her sudden anger. You are talking about me as if.. As if... As if you know me! As if I'm not even here! You- I- What are you?! Who..?

She lost control, running at one of Gheronatons firstborn. Even before she reached him, he collapsed from pain, a pain that came from the past.

Afterwards, Poena looked scared, and softly she began to cry, dropping to her knees.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2010, 08:21:25 am »

The Chained God rose up, and strode towards the sobbing elf. She had incapacitated a firstborn, a mighty servant of a god. Xarn was truly with her. Its chains clanked and clinked as it strode, the only sound ringing through the halls of Refuge. It stopped before the thrashing firstborn, and stilled its pain with a wave of its hand. It turned to Poena, and changed its shape, reducing its size so it could look eye to eye with the elf. Hush. Its voice held no emotion, no mercy or love. You are a child of the Overgod, are you not? when she did not respond, its voice regained a measure of its fury. ANSWER ME, MORTAL!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2010, 08:23:14 am »

Following the repeated mention of his name, Astra'ath strikes a might blow at the barrier surrounding the world.

Ripples spread through the void in all directions from the black star, passing through the wards of the 'Sanctum' as easily as water through sand. Ignored by mortals, felt by gods, the ripples carry a payload of derision and disgust, as well as a hint of amusement.

Each god experiences a very brief vision, tailored to himself or herself, which causes instant and lasting revulsion. The images are graphic, disturbing, and difficult to forget.

The ripples rebound from the edge of the void, momentarily distorting the uncounted stars. The edge of the universe rings like a bell, noticeable even by Palad'in and Anacraeon, the other gods still trapped outside of the barrier.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 07, 2010, 08:24:16 am »

Coradin studied the crying girl from his throne. She had a fine mind, one that would benefit greatly from a little hint of madness... but no. Not today.
As he watched, the Chained God got up and marched over to the girl. He was once again reminded of what the Voidwalker really was like, a cold, alien being.

' ENOUGH! This is the Refuge! You can interrogate her later, if you must! There was no need to bring the girl here, Aarrook. Send her back to her home.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2010, 08:26:54 am »

Gheronaton roared again with loughter, but this time he tried to keep his voice calm and.. also.. Kindly?

"Fierce little one! Not many creatures are able to defeat one of my firstborn. You make me proud." He said, from his throne. But to his brother he said. "I don` think that this is the right tone to speak with his daughter, brother."

"But do not send her back! She is here, and here we should talk to her. Whe shoulnd`t waste any time."

A sudden vision made him cringe- He saw himself in the midst of a battle, losing, wounded, fleeing. The vision was brief, but disturbing, and he needed a moment to regain consciousness.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 08:29:36 am by Lordinquisitor »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 07, 2010, 09:02:12 am »

Poena too was struck by a hallucination. Over and over again did she experience her little brother, a few seconds younger than her, taken away. One of the eyes, gone. A leg, mangled. Where he went, she did not know. But it hurt.

She lost consciousness during  this vision. Her body shivered, and her fists were clenched still.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2010, 09:18:21 am »

Luna gasped softly, seeing the disturbing vision in her mind. It was her elves, her creations. Some were dead, killed in horrific ways, but some were twisted and corrupted into evil and vile forms that she barely recognized. She shook her head, and the vision passed, though a lingering feeling of dread hung onto the back of her mind. Was something threatening her? Or warning her? She didn’t know, but she felt a surge of defiance rising as well. She would not let these visions come to pass.

She turned to the elf Poena as she fainted from something. Did she see a vision too? Concerned for her, Luna rose and strode to her side. Kneeling, she placed a hand on Poena’s brow. “Brothers, we forget ourselves. If she is a child of Xarn, she must choose for herself. We cannot simply use her.” Luna said. “And if she is not, she is still one of my creations, and I won’t let you frighten her like this.” She stayed there, kneeling at Poena’s side, waiting for her to awaken.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2010, 09:22:35 am »

Gheronaton nodded. "I suggest you bring her to a safe place back at her home.. And each of us will visit her, one after the other. That way she should be able to endure it more easily."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 07, 2010, 09:23:35 am »

' With you guarding her at the time.' Coradin added. He glanced at the Chained God. ' We don't want anything... unpleasant happening to her.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 07, 2010, 09:28:19 am »

Gheronaton whispers to one of his Firstborn. "Go to Ferraria and order the ironborn to create an armor for Poena, fitted to her body, of iron with splendid ornaments of gold and gems. " The Firstborn then vanishes.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 07, 2010, 09:34:30 am »

Poena's hallucinations ended, and instead she experienced something else. She was awake, awakened into a void, a nothing. She heard a voice, but its voice was indistinguishable, drained hollow by the void that contained them. A formless being appeared in front of her, and she felt a hand on her shoulder.

She woke up, her breath staggering.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2010, 09:41:26 am »

Luna felt Poena awakening, and remained with her. She thought it better that Poena awaken to see her kindly face, rather than the terrifying vistage of the Chained god. “Poena? Are you well? Do you want me to take you back?” Luna asked the frightened elf, or the frightened demigod. She wasn’t sure which she was, though the fact her brothers took an interest in her was telling in itself.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2010, 09:47:35 am »

Poena didn't reply, instead turning her head to face the Chained God. Her voice sounded harsh, and terrified. I am not your slave. Her head she turned to Luna again, whilst a hand moved up to take the amulet Aarrook had given her. She felt stronger again. I am staying here.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2010, 09:55:25 am »

"Fierce child!" And gheronatons voice was filled with approval. "Our dear brother can make even us feel queasy." He said, chuckling softly.

"You are a strong child- And now Let`s see how bright a child you are, shall well? Where do you think are you and what do you think are we?"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 56