Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75841 times)

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2010, 11:44:38 am »

"Ah, you have come. I hope you have enjoyed the gift you have found." Aarrook had began to speak. Aarrook had waited a while for this moment. However, unlike his previous visit to the girl, while she slept, she was pulsing with power. Divine power, of no current god. She was not a mortal, like Aarrook previously thought. It was, to Aarrook, thought to be impossible. She was a Demigod, or something similar. He knew that this girl had to be special. Xarn cared for her because... she was his daughter. So, Xarn saw fit to bring this girl into this world. As far as he knew, she had not discover her inbourne power. But... how was this even probable? Had Xarn decided a new plan? Xarn was weakened, so he decided to make a god to represent him in his weakness? He had to be wary of her, for even a god of death... could face such a fate.

"You have come, as I had expected. Tell me girl, do you know who I am? Or, I guess what would be more appropriate, do you know who you are?"
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2010, 12:08:53 pm »

I am Poena, named so by my mother. She told me about the stars and the Gods, but you I do not know. Who are you? Slightly nervous she clasped her hands together, but she didn't try evade looking at the God, her glance almost challenging. Who are you..? She muttered it softly, the wary expression on her face making place for distrust.

For a moment her eyes were drawn up to the stars, and she felt confident again. Whatever this creature really was, she needn't fear it. Slowly she realized that the God feared her. A question cropped up in her mind, and she could not resist asking it.
What do you think I am?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2010, 02:59:41 pm »

Intent as she was on making her way into the ebon fortress, Aerie didn't notice the two black figures on a nearby mountaintop...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:26:51 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2010, 07:21:55 pm »

Sitting atop her comet, Satae had gazed out upon the Black Star as the Veil around it snapped back into shape, and she shuddered. When that... thing tried to force it's way through the barrier, she felt the touch of it's power, and  it distilled in her an emotion she had never before experienced- fear. Fear not only of the creature itself, for it was surely beyond godly in power to even attempt such a feat, but at how it's power had resonated with her.

But hers was the chaos of change and emergence, from whence came creation and motion, without which would be only the great Nothing of the Void, as it had been before the First Generation had come forth from the Essence. This Invader was, in a way, her antithesis; it's power the chaos of destruction, ravaging and absolute, and it came with a malice towards all of Creation.

Lost in thought, she found herself humming idly. "Step into the Void, through the seven Silver Gates... Hmm..."

She froze-- what in the name of the Father was she
doing?! She recoiled, gripping her trident tightly. Was this thing trying to corrupt her? Merely by her knowing it's name, she had lent it power- either withholding it and giving it fear, or invoking it and giving it acknowledgment. Distraught, she summoned her Fey, and sent them forth as emissaries to her siblings.

This creature had to be stopped, and she knew she couldn't do it alone. She would have to call forth a divine council, and much as she disliked it.

As she approached the God's Sanctum, she found her frustration mounting; The precursor to this event had been a series of disasters. Natus' vengeance and the white plague of Aether had weakened the mortals of the Universe who would have served as warriors against this new threat- just as they needed soldiers, Natus had destroyed half of the strongest and most combative of her Ta'rai, and Coradin's palace was in turmoil. As well, Elan's destruction had weakened the Veil that kept the vile creature- and, doubtlessly, it's servants- at bay.

"Such
perfect timing, brothers." She seethed as she strode down the grand hall of the Sanctum, and claimed her seat at the meeting table. It would only be a matter of time before the rest of the Pantheon- or those who cared, anyway- joined the Council. Her eyes were like smoldering embers; burning with anger, but tempered by fear and worry.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2010, 10:57:19 pm »

Coradin heard the call and left for the Refuge. He had no idea what Satae wanted, but maybe it was just good to talk about things.

'I am here, sister. What do you need?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2010, 11:22:20 pm »

The Chained God was worried. The very fabric of the universe was at risk. If the Invader, Anathema to existence, was allowed to run rampant, it did not put much faith in its survival. Its tome spoke of ancient pantheons, numbering in the millions, being laid low by this destructive force. Entire clusters of realities were bent to its will, lending it power rivaling even Xarn's. The best they could do is only allow a fraction of the being's power into the world, effectively leveling the playing field. It immediately opened a portal to Refugium, and strode into the throne room. It saw the trickster goddess Satae, a face it had not seen as of yet. It sat on the throne, and waited.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2010, 11:35:59 pm »

Luna looked to the black sun, and saw the strain that had been put on it. And the chaotic power lurking behind it, like a seething black pool darker than even a moonless night. Worry gripped her, as it did when the plague endangered her people. “This discussion is postponed, but not finished Alex. I will hear your explanation,” Luna said, though shaken by the revelation. “But Satae has called a Council. I think we will learn more there than talking here.”

Luna left the plate worlds, and went to Refuge. She took her seat among the other gods. This was indeed a matter of importance, if Satae was pressured to calling the meeting, and the Chained one chose to attend as well.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2010, 05:28:06 am »

Greetings, Sister. The Dead Dreamer's voice seemed different, a far call from the sound of clashing stone and metal it had in the last meeting. It almost was as if... as if it was scared. There is much to discuss, and I fear that with the four of us, it will not be enough. Its red eyes glowered as it put its hands on its face. A sense of despair, of an inescapable fear, hung in the room.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2010, 07:25:58 am »

"Then maybe five will be enough." Declared Gheronaton a he stepped into the room, flanked by some of his loyal firstborn. "Tell us what you know, brother."  He said as he took his seat. "Tell us everything. What it is, whence it comes and what it wants. Everything." 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:31:45 am by Lordinquisitor »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2010, 07:41:40 am »

Brother. The Chained God nods at his fellow god's entrance, and turns to face the others. Astra'ath is the name of the menacing entity that threatens us. It has no other desires than to destroy, to corrupt, to lay low what others have made. In my journeys before this reality was born, I have seen many traces of its havoc on the myriad realities that have existed. Many wrongs have been caused by this... this avatar of chaos and entropy. The Chained God shuddered. While together we may stand, I cannot hope to best this juggernaut in open combat. Its mind is alien, even more so than mine. Its objectives and goals we cannot hope to understand, not even if I dared sift through the broken shell of its mind. Thankfully, the Overgod seems to have made a safeguard. It will be stripped of power, leaving a fraction of the titan that menaces us now. It still will have the intellect that it was given, though. There is another thing, though. The Overgod has blessed an Aether Elf. Her name is Poena. A demigod, the first of this reality, has been born. We must use her to defend her people from the ruinous powers. The Chained God stopped, waiting for a response.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2010, 07:46:13 am »

"Ah, you are at least honest. I am Aarrook, a god, which you might be able to sense, for well..." Aarrook paused. A council had been called. There was not enough time for a quick discussion on who she was. Looking around, he noticed that there was no one still looking. He summoned up some of his powers. "There is not enough time to explain right now. A meeting has been called. I wish for you to see it." Then, before she could respond, he used a quick flash of divine power to telport them both into the Refuge. He had little time to talk, and quickly went to his seat. "Please, sit Poena. Your identity will be fully described here. Speak when spoken to, however, for some gods are not as... kind as I."

"So now, what of this meeting?"
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2010, 07:51:09 am »

At the entrance of its brother, The Voidwalker instantly sensed a second presence with him, a mortal, but with a spark of the divine. It instantly recognized the demigod, and had to hold back a curse. It sent a psychic message to Aarrook, initiating a telepathic conference between the gods.

By the Powers, what were you thinking, brother?! We are at the edge of a war, and you bring the demigod here?!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2010, 07:52:42 am »

If the Voidwalker himself was frightened, this... Astra'ath could indeed be extremely dangerous. He could already see the Morai, corrupted and twisted beyond recognition.
Another image came to mind, the Fallen Guardians standing in a sea of now-lifeless statues.

' We cannot let this... thing run free in our midst. Do you have any ideas on how to deal with it, brother?'

Before the Voidwalker could answer however, something crashed through his carefully-planted wards and landed on the throne opposite of him. It was Aarrook, but someone else was with him as well.
An Aether Elf.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2010, 07:56:11 am »

Gheronaton laughed, a tone that sounded like an earthquake and would have made any mortal tremble.

"When Astra`ath wants war.. We shall give him WAR!" Bellowed Gheronaton. "How can he hope to win against our combined powers? Or even against me alone, War incarnate?" Gheronaton laughed again, and his firstborn with him. "We shall throw him back into the void that spawned him, backwards. I fear him not, and neither should you."

Then he became serious again. "That demigod, though, is very important. The chosen of the overgod shall be protected. I will send her some of my staunchest champions to keep her safe and to educate her in the art of war, with your leave."

He finished just in the moment as Aarook appeared.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2010, 07:59:46 am »

I envy your confidence, Gheronaton. This shall be a war to end all wars. It turned its attention to the discussion of Poena. I shall give her the talents for magic. It sounded almost smug. It would not do to have the Overgod's blessed one be but a savage barbarian.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56