Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75853 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #225 on: May 07, 2010, 10:06:18 am »

She was caught off-guard by Gheronaton's approval. She stammered nonsense for a little while, then to notice she was still on the ground. Slowly she got up, looking around once more. Instinctively her eyes were drawn to the ceiling, but no stars could be found. A deep breath would help her- Yes, it would unburden her throat. A deep breath she took as such, then speaking again. "I- I think that I am in- Some sort of city hall.. And you- That's an easier question. You're Gods. I can see because you're all so.. Different from each other.." She glared at the Chained God. ".. and some of you very strange."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:22:57 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 07, 2010, 10:11:51 am »

Yes, a very bright mind indeed...
Coradin took note of how her gaze drifted towards the ceiling every now and then.

'Do you want to see the night sky, girl?' Coradin asked, stepping closer.
' Then watch!'

Following his words, the silver ceiling disappeared, replaced by a humming energy field. The night sky was clearly visible now.
Sensing the sudden change, his massive winged Protector dropped down inside the Refuge. Coradin chuckled. What would the girl think of another demigod, even though this one was probably way below her own power?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:14:18 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 07, 2010, 10:13:43 am »

"Indeed, we are gods. And you are right, this is some kind of a city hall.. The most important hall in existence- Behold the Refuge! The meeting hall of the gods, where we discuss the fate of the universe!" His words were backed up by Coradins action. Then he fell silent, waiting for another god to speak.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:25:52 am by Lordinquisitor »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2010, 11:10:25 am »

It had seemed that in his weariness, his sibling Satae had called another council meeting in the refuge. The previous meeting between himself and his kin had been less than productive, but he decided that he must answer her call. Trusting the Arborites to watch his world while he was away, he made the quick journey to the strange hall to find a number of his brothers & sisters already there. Amongst them a girl, who looked oddly like his sister, Luna. They seemed to be explaining their existence to her. She seemed... important.

Natus padded into the room quietly, his tails swishing silently behind him. If one was good at reading the expressions on animals, confusion would be evident. Natus rarely had time to pay attention to the affairs of his siblings and now was no different. There was fear in the hall, fear of some entity looming. He took a long moment to observe the girl before he bowed his head.

"Brothers, sisters. I am sorry for my late arrival. There were matters that I needed to tend to on my world... it seems that I have missed much."

Trotting over to his throne, he leaped unto it, circled twice and lay down on it's seat, making himself more comfortable. He would not admit it, but he was still tired from forcing the balance to return to Natus.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2010, 11:18:36 am »

The Chained One shuddered, as it was assaulted by great and terrible visions of a great beast, one that it had hoped never to see again. Ia! Ia! Ngolo'i Sh'thcalag! Borodoi K'vthasa! K'vthasa! The Emperor In Chains keened a shrill chant, flailing its arms like a madman, begging not to be consumed. Steam rose from the chains, and all that saw the strange deity were met with a terrible sight. The Chained God was writhing in some imagined pain, and when the bout was finished, The Emperor In Chains felt spent, empty, like a husk of some dead snake. It rose once more, but lacked the strength to do so. It limped back to its chair, away from the wretched demigoddess.

THERE IS LITTLE TIME. the voice changed now, completely devoid of any emotion. THE MORTAL SHALL HAVE TO DO. I SWEAR UPON THE SEVEN OBSIDIAN PILLARS THAT I SHALL DO NO HARM TO HER, BUT THE MORTAL CANNOT FAIL. THE WRETCHED THING FROM THE VOID WILL COME, AND IF SHE IS NOT READY, ALL IS LOST. I WILL SEE TO RAISING AN ARMY, ONE THAT I WISH MY BROTHER GHERONATON TO LEAD. WHAT SAY YOU? It turned to the ones telling Poena about Refuge. WHY DO YOU SPEAK TO HER OF SUCH THINGS? WHAT WARRANTS THE BARING OF OUR SECRETS? EVEN IF SHE IS THE DAUGHTER OF... HIM, SHE IS STILL A MORTAL. YOU KNOW OF MY FEELINGS ON THIS SUBJECT.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:26:27 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2010, 11:26:53 am »

Coradin looked over to his mount, who nodded, sensing his thoughts. He turned back to the girl. 'I would be... honoured, if you would ride him when the time comes.' He paused. 'Of course, only if you will do what is asked from you. It is your choice, and we... I do not want to force this on you.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2010, 11:28:07 am »

WE DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE. It turned to Poena. THAT WHICH TROUBLES US WILL COME, AND WHEN IT DOES, ALL THAT YOU LOVE, ALL THAT YOU KNOW, WILL BE LOST TO THE VOID. ONLY YOU CAN STOP THIS, BEFORE IT BEGINS. WHAT DO YOU CHOOSE, YOUR LIFE OR THE LIFE OF EVERYTHING?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:32:44 am by Acanthus117 »
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2010, 11:34:18 am »

She stared at the alien God again. It wasn't a person that made her feel comfortable. Not that that mattered much; she never really felt comfortable anyways. There's not much I love anyways.. B-Besides.. How'd I kill a God?
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2010, 11:44:03 am »

YOU ARE A DEMIGOD. YOU ARE GIFTED WITH THE ABILITY TO ENACT CHANGE. YOU CAN SLAY GODS, BUT ONLY WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS. It convulsed again, then a gout of darkness spewed from where its mouth would be. the stream of shadow hit the ceiling, and darkened the stars. The sight that emerged was a view of the current universe, with all the dead husks of floating ships glinting in the eternal night. the lights faded as the deity shifted the probe to the edge of the universe. It wormed through the barrier that separated the universe from the Void. The black screen was filled with a writhing mass of tentacles that sped past the probe's view, slamming into the invisible barrier. It was a strange, amorphous being, with no discernible main body. It did not seem to have any fixed form, as it shifted as fast as thought, becoming a thousand different monstrous things in moments.THAT IS WHAT LIES AHEAD. THE ANATHEMA WILL SLAY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR KIND. I HAVE SEEN IT DO MUCH WORSE. BELIEVE ME, IF YOU THINK I MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE, THAT WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2010, 11:47:24 am »

She turned her head away from the sight. She didn't want all of this. If they were telling her the truth, and if she were the daughter of Xarn, then why didn't he ever speak to her? Many more questions started forcing their way into her mind, but this one stood out. "Why did Xarn never speak to me? There was no father when I needed one.."
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2010, 11:48:10 am »

(dude, you said son.)

YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 07, 2010, 11:49:02 am »

(dude, you said son.)

(Where? I don't see so. ;D)
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2010, 11:50:53 am »

One of Astra'ath's tentacles seize the probe, drawing it before a great row of black tri-lobed eyes.

Its baleful gaze penetrates through the Chained God's vision and you feel its hate, its malice.

Dozens of voices raise in chorus, speaking as one.

Petty little godlings.

Understanding is beyond you.

Do not worry.

I will relieve your burden of ignorance.

Pleasant Dreams, Chained One.

The last thing you see is the gnashing of teeth as a dozen mouths tear apart the probe, savoring its divine energy. Psychic backlash assails the Chained God, flooding him with terrible nightmarish images of all the worlds Astra'ath has consumed.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 07, 2010, 11:52:52 am »

"It.. It isn`t so easy, child. Xarn doesn`t even show himself to us, and we are also his sons and daughters. Whether he is unable or unwilling to show himself i don`t know but he watches and influences us- And you. And don`t be ungrateful, child, for he made you and he chose you to see things and do deeds that other creatures may only dream of."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:55:15 am by Lordinquisitor »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 07, 2010, 12:00:43 pm »

(Yay for speed-edits.)

RAAAH! ASRAI GTHOLONOK TAHAAD K'VOD ARRA! VAI KOLO'INOSH! YAAAAAAAAAAAA- hlk! the Chained God reeled from its chair, and grabbed its head in agony as the screams of a thousand dying worlds flooded its mind. the voice that emanated from the deity were legion; children and men and women screamed out the words to a long-dead language. Chains flew from their places, sticking into the walls. black blood dripped from the chains, and the white metal of the hall turned pitch black, forever stained by the blood of a god. For many moments, the Chained God writhed and screamed and the runes on the chains glowed a vicious red. As suddenly as it began, the fit ended. The chains retracted back into the main body of the deity, and for a moment, the Chained God seems dead, lying in a pool of black ichor. Then, the blood flows back into the body, leaving black marks on the white metal surface. The Chained God lifted its broken and battered body with magic, and turned to face Poena. now... now do you see? that, that is the monster that will kill us.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:21:59 pm by Acanthus117 »
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56