Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75824 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2010, 02:45:21 pm »

Natus had brought balance back to his world... for now.

The creation of Mount Erado had drained him more than anticipated and now Natus had little desire to create more until he was properly rested.

Lazing at the peak of his new mountaintop, Natus quietly inspected his realm below. He did not know how long the peace on his planet would last, but now he was almost certain it was only a matter of time. It only took a brief moment for the balance of Natus to spiral out of control, inadvertently or not. Either from the creations that roamed his rich forests or the interference of his siblings. The Giant Arborites set about the task of letting the world regrow. Natus hoped dearly that he would not have to intervene with the humans. There was something about their own curious nature that resonated with Natus.

It was as he watched his world regrow after the small conflict that he noticed something, for the briefest of moments. A flicker in the air. And just as soon as it had appeared, it was gone again. Normally Natus would not even give such occurrences a second thought. But there was something oddly familiar, yet unrecognizable about it. Powerful, yet far away. Had one of his brothers or sisters been trying to contact him, or perhaps even... father?

As he sat quietly and pondered the new turn of events, he heard the voices of siblings, one familiar, coming to his dreams as he watched the world below. Luna. Her world had been afflicted by an unnatural plague. The voices and images of the dying filled his head and it made his heart heavy. His power was too little currently to safely offer assistance, but he would offer advice instead.

"The Tree of Life that grows on my world bears fruit that can grant those who eat it an end to disease and death. It seems you may have been able to stop it. But you may want to gather some of the fruit. Just in case your plan does not work as intended."

The second voice that addressed him was new to him. Cold, logical, but also curious, like himself. Asking for potential bonds. His language seemed clumsy to Natus. But perhaps he would know what Natus had seen.

"I am always willing to grow together with my brothers. Come to Natus and together we can further our knowledge of this universe and the essence that surrounds it. I have seen something strange, as if someone I knew was trying to reach me but could not. It was very powerful and I wish to know where it came from."

With help or not, Natus began thinking of all the ways he might be able to discover what was behind this seemingly meaningless appearance of the dark void.

I will be storing my acts and resting unless I need to react to any acts from other gods

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2010, 03:03:49 pm »

To Luna i say.

I`m elated that you managed to find a cure for the plague- It would have been horrible if cowardice would have prevailed.

And you also have my thanks for providing the restless spirits of my brave warrios with new bodies. May they serve you well.

This is a rather curious matter, i agree.

I wondered myself who might have stolen those souls from my plane. And trust me, i`m not amused. It was done deftly, and while i was enduring the horrible pain, and i didn`t notice anything.

It might have been done by the same individual who released the plague, in order to weaken your elves?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:05:56 pm by Lordinquisitor »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2010, 04:06:36 pm »

Alex hovered in the Sky Altar, overhearing the conversations. Had he, with intentions aimed towards the gods, actually harmed such a majestic race? A thousand thoughts crossed him, but he still needed to make it up. Seeing as he had some of the elves in hi forest, he decided to let the elves have their own Altar. He only felt it fair. He set to work on another Altar, making it the greatest one of all time, lit the candle, and dropped it into Elven territory.

I make an awesome Altar (dubbed the Altar Of Fate), and place it amongst Luna's elves.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2010, 05:21:09 pm »

A message? Luna? This plauge had began on the world. That...

Aarrook turned. Death had began. The feeling had ended... but paradise was still not near. True, death was just a part of paradise, but what of war? What of plauges? They were a part of paradise's destruction. He had turned to Aether, not due to its plauge, but to a mysterious girl. Aarrook had seen her, but she resembled one god... Luna? He knew that something had to change... she was a key. Aarrook knew there was no such thing as fate but... he had an idea. Aarrook had to work fast, for the solution was in his grasp...

He manifested on Aether. It was a total risk, to reveal the form of a god near mortals. He was alone though, so he seeked the home of this... Poena, he believed. He hurried off and finally reached the home. It was not a great place, but certainly this was a sign from Xarn. He had eyes on this girl, so may, by the might of Aarrook, become immortal. His form traveled threw the walls. He focused his mind on the girl, still noting any thing which might notice him. He saw her then. Why would Xarn take intrest in such a girl? She was ordinary by all means. She was just... normal. Was that her blessing? Would this be any relevant person? It mattered not. Aarrook summoned the amulet around her neck, so it may always fit her, and left for a place in the mountains. It tooked time to unmanifest, so it is reasonable to watch how this plays out.

Aarrook creates the Amulet of Cures, which will cure any ailment, from disease to insanity, within ten feet. He places said amulet around Poena's neck while she sleeps.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2010, 06:24:14 pm »

Fortune was with Aarrook as he went to Aether, for Luna was away speaking to the other gods concerning the source of the plague. But her newly made guardians saw him flee to their mountains. He did not seem hostile, so they merely watched him from a distance. Aarrook was left undisturbed, but noticed.

Luna, meanwhile, followed Frandor’s information, and went to Alex’s creation, or the world of plates. It seemed that Alex was certainly connected somehow, for she found some of her elves dwelling in the deep forests, hiding from the bright light of the black sun in the shade of the canopy. Though there was also an alter there of grand architecture that provided some comfort to the elves pulled from their home. It seemed that the elves who prayed there had their fate become more favorable.

Though she was tempted to take back her elves, and send nightmares in retaliation of the plague, she was a goddess of peace, not of war. She calmed her anger, and decided to meet Alex with a cool head. There may yet be time for her wrath, but she would hear him out first.

“Alex. As you may know, a plague had struck my elves. Though many recovered, and the plague had been stopped, one fifth of their population still died.” Luna said to Alex, her voice cold. “Frandor has told me that you caused this plague, so I came here and found elves taken from Aether and hiding in your forest. If you are the cause of this, you have much to answer for. But I have decided to let you speak for yourself, rather than answering in kind immediately.”

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2010, 12:24:55 am »

The Chained God saves its acts, waiting for the storms to come.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2010, 01:36:50 am »

If I may join...

Names: Anacraeon, The Lord of Undeath, He Who Never Sleeps, Defeater of the Void, Father of the Forsaken.

Gender: He has a male personality and prefers to be referred to as a "he", but is otherwise genderless.

Sphere(s): Immortality, Undeath.

Personality/traits: While he may seem dark, he genuinely cares for his subjects. He appears before those who die before their time, offering them the gifts of Immortality and Undeath. This puts him at odds with several other gods, but he doesn't care as long as his subjects are safe and happy. He also has a garden and preserve, containing species of flora and fauna extinct everywhere else. His garden and preserve are heavily guarded, open only to himself and his subjects.

Appearance: He appears as a large misshapen skeleton, made out of bones from various species. He wears a purple robe, and carries a staff made from the wood of the Zahgram tree, which is extinct in all places other than his garden.

Symbol: A purple skull in front of a green oval.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2010, 01:49:43 am »

The black sun shudders again, and, inexplicably, geometric fracture lines spread across a hemisphere as its surface deforms outwards. Titanic pressures build below the surface, and the void itself begins to warp around the stress point. A high-pitched mental keening is heard by those gods observing the black sun.

For the barest moment, a face breaks through the black surface. Rows of jagged teeth and malevolent hateful eyes slide through the star's dark plasma.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The jaws snaps once with a thunderclap before the barrier reasserts itself, snapping back into place. The face vanishes suddenly and the star settles down.

All is quiet again.

Without knowing why, some few thinking beings within the universe, unnoticed by the gods and often even by their fellows, begin muttering a tune softly under their breath. No more than one in a million is affected, but every one of them, though scattered among different planets and societies, is exactly in tune.

Step into the Void
through the Seven Silver Gates
Astra'ath is all
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 01:58:36 am by forsaken1111 »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2010, 03:35:25 am »

She woke up with a shock, breathing heavily. Something touched her, and she felt.. strengthened, somehow. Her hand she moved to her chest, finding a strange object there. Slowly she lifted it up, for her eyes to gaze upon it: An amulet. She held it tightly for a few moments, then to look around the room, trying to remember where she was.

She knew where she was: The house of a fellow Aether Elf. She had sought refuge there after getting a slight pale and weak from some form of sickness. It didn't matter now. Slowly she rose, quickly getting dressed, then to leave the house, placing a wooden figurine on the floor in an act of gratitude towards those that had allowed her shelter.

Gazing upon the stars, she somehow knew where now to go: The mountains. There would be something there that she would be most interested in, and now that she knew so, she only craved more to have it. Once more, Poena started walking.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2010, 05:13:56 am »

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Click.

Click.

Click.

Within the Essence, these sounds echoed throught the void, held in existence only by the whims of the being making them. The barriers between the Immaterium and the Materium had weakened, and the being could feel the happenings on the other side. A dark, malevolent presence within a black star. A planet of constant bloodshed. A crystal world marred by plague.

So many dead, dieing, and horrible things were done to their souls. They were torn apart, the remains being returned to the Essence. They were forced into tiny carriers, used to construct a planet. The Gods acted as if the souls they played with were not alive, from the tiniest rodent to the largest dragon. It was unbearable, knowing the injustice and darkness in the material realm and being unable to do anything.

The being channeled his power, forcing it against the barrier. It held strong, the only result being a faint ripple throughout both realms. He returned to a seated position, exhausted. He would have to wait, biding his time until he could slip through.

And the being returned to tapping his bony fingers together.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Click.

Click.

Click.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2010, 07:31:26 am »

Ah, so she approaches. It was a wonder why she noticed his doing. She was truly special after all, noticing the effects of a god. Xarn certainly had blessed this girl. She was in a universe, not realizing she will have hold into intergalactic events. The stars, he noticed, were not in a common formation that constantly covered the world. The current formation was Xarn's Fist. Xarn had his own influence in these affairs, it seems. Xarn was trying to create something new. Why, would the great Overgod care for a girl like this?

She was almost here. He had little time to prepare himself. He looked around, as he remained in this clearing, he was still alone. He then looked on, and was prepared to confront Poena. The time had began for the new age.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2010, 07:36:38 am »

A new age would dawn, with the girl as the catalyst. The Chained One felt something stir in what one could possibly call a heart. It felt curiosity, a wanting to know how this mortal would turn out. It would bless her, certainly, but not now. The time would come later.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2010, 07:38:28 am »

Poena took a deep breath, then climbing the last bit, ending up on a mountain plateau. She sat down, sweating, tired. Her gaze was drawn up to the constellation once more, and she seemed to brighten up for a moment, her tiredness gone.

She frowned, frustrated by the mysteries that she could not solve, but all of her senses told her to keep going. She would find something up here in the mountains, and whatever it was, she was sure she could somehow use it. Her feet started carrying her again, determined to reach whatever she was to reach.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2010, 09:53:15 am »

Dragnar stops his reading, having found a truly shocking turn of events within the librarian's records. Poena and her brother, children of Xarn. The other gods have begun to turn their gaze toward Poena, but none truly know what she is. Of course they don't, her existence is unprecedented, a demigod, but with the overgod as a parent. Still, Poena appears well cared for, with even gods protecting her from harm, and so Dragnar seeks not her but her brother. The child of Xarn, allowed to grow without guidance... if he still lives he might become a threat to even the gods one day. Returning to the records Dragnar rapidly scans the shelves, searching for his librarian's records of what happened to the nursemaid who was meant to kill the young demigod.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2010, 10:12:51 am »

Alex sighed. Today was really going downhill for him. The plague went without a hitch, but everything else.... He was fading out of existence as it was! Still, he had some explaining to do, but as he draw his breath, he was certain that his star moved.. some sort of monster? "What the...?" But then it vanished like that. Now he was confused. Then he remembered something-that metal was very explosive. If it were to go off... everything in the nearby would explode. "As much as I would like to explain, I do believe there's a demon who wants to blow up my sun, and henceforth, your elves. And believe me, there won't be a way to stop raining fire. But I think we need some shelter...."

Alex picks up all the elves and dwarves and puts them into their respective Altars. He then creates and infinite supply of food for them.

Now... how to purge a demon from a flaming ball of metal....
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 56