Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75850 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2010, 12:07:18 pm »

Observe, Respond.
Alex, Altar. Note, observe.
Aarrook, Amulet
Astra'ath, presence. Danger, Caution, avoid contact.
Poena. Extreme interest. observe carefully. not understood - contemplate. Priority.
Astra'ath, visions. Danger, caution, terror, extreme -
Reassert.
Observe, respond.
Plan, accordance. Contemplace, add to plans. Bond - Together grow, together fight, together fall.
Probe, vision. Caution, danger.
Knowledge updated.
Response appropriate.

(Frandor appears in the refuge. Its surface is a dark blue, with a flash of other colours occasionally appearing. Whenever the name of Astra'ath is mentioned, the surface flicks through several colours in quick succession before returning to the dark blue. It floats in the corner, but when it communicates, its surface brightens.)

Danger - corruption, chaos, disorder. Arrival Imminent. Frandor observe: situation dire. Strength overwhelming. Results unpleasant. Inaction unfeasable. Imperative: Establish bond. Together grow, together fight, together fall. Lack of bond: certain destruction.

Spoiler: knowledge (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:16:51 pm by ed boy »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #241 on: May 07, 2010, 12:14:30 pm »

This was bad, even for his standards. The last encounter with the Void he had, everything went boom but him. So many of his friends dead... the only thing he wanted was revenge at this point. He decided to become a humanoid-like an elf, but a bit stronger. He then forged a blade out of his pure rage. It glowed red, and could probably slice Altars in half. He would fight. He would fight like he never did before.

Alex forges a Red Blade form rage. He also becomes a strong elf.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 07, 2010, 12:51:56 pm »

"I- I-" Poena couldn't find a way to equally divide her attention between the Gods. One God tried to show her a danger, others tried to help her understand. But all of them together- They confused her. Eventually it was the Chained God that took her attention. His struggle, with a force she didn't understand, scared her. Yet, with all the pain and fear around, she was.. Curious. For a short while she stood still, then slowly walking towards the Chained God.

For some reason, unknown to herself, she felt sympathy for the alien being. Its pain, its hideous form.. She touched it, and this touch carried over onto the creature her own doubts and pain, at the same time feeding into it the good emotions she had felt. Love for her mother, friendship, dreams. She felt stronger than the deity for a moment, strong enough to make a demand. "I see it.. I will help you, but only if... If you will help me in return. If you want my cooperation, then I want you to repair something for me..."
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2010, 01:07:06 pm »

"What is it. Depending on what you want, we might be able to make it. And I cannot guarentee what you want may come into place."
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2010, 01:11:21 pm »

She turned almost viciously to Aarrook. "I want my brother back."
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 07, 2010, 01:30:12 pm »

“When the elves die, their souls become one of the Elysium.” Luna said to Poena. “I will find the one that was your brother, and if the gods of death aid me, I will give him the opportunity to return. And I will do all that I can to aid you in any need, my child.”

She turned to the other gods in the room. “If the outsider can be defeated by battle, then I will do what I can to prepare. I detest war, but I will not cower from it, if it can save our worlds. I doubt that fighting will bring us victory though. What about the barrier that bars it entrance? Can we not reinforce it, and keep him out altogether?”

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2010, 01:34:06 pm »

Poena had listened with interest to Luna, but eventually she shook her head. "I- I'm sure that my brother is no elf... He's.. different. I've also got another question for you, if- if I'm allowed.." She turned her gaze to the floor, almost shy. This Goddess too she could not grasp. She was too kind, too honest. It was something she couldn't fully relate to. Yet, she liked her. "Why do I look so much like you..?"
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2010, 01:40:26 pm »

"Ask, Poena, and I will do my best to answer," Luna said gently, listening to the elf demigod. But it turned out the question she had asked had been echoing in Luna's mind as well. "All elves were made in my likeness, but your particular resemblance? I'm afraid only Xarn may fully know. I'm curious about it too."

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2010, 01:40:38 pm »

Request to Dragnar
Unknown: Poena brother. Knowledge:existent. Location:Dragnar's Library. Request information. Haste important. Necessary mutual growth.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2010, 01:44:11 pm »

"Poena, don`t forget that you don`t have to beg. You are our sister and we will support you as much as we can."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2010, 01:50:58 pm »

Sister..? I- How can you be my brothers and sisters...? We do not have the same mother.. Do you have a mother?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:47:12 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #251 on: May 07, 2010, 01:51:33 pm »

Sensing the weakening of the barrier, Astra'ath renewed his assault with vigor. So intense was this attack that even the Overgod felt the blows, and the black star was sent into chaos. Plasma flares rose from its surface and dozens of storms crawled its skin. The void rings with every blow, and the noise is deafening to any able to perceive it. Great deformations pock the star's surface, inexplicable stress fracture lines spreading from each point as though the star were made of glass instead of burning gas.

In several points the elder god breaks through momentarily, gaping maws and hateful eyes peeking through before the rift is sealed again. Through these gaps a song floats in, sung by hundreds of voices, a beautiful and haunting melody addressed to the gods.

Mighty godlings; petty, small

We know your names, heed Our song

One chance, One hope else you will fall

Graft upon your lesser flesh

The elder sign of Astra'ath

The assault on the barrier lessens but continues, and the star roils beneath the attack. Most of the white fracture lines in the star fade away, but many of them stay and more appear steadily until suddenly it snaps into focus... the glowing white lines form a pattern across the star's surface. A great eye within a five pointed star.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Astra'ath continues to attack the barrier, throwing its titanic bulk against the walls of the universe. The fracture lines forming his sign across half the star pulse with every hit, white bolts of energy crackling along the lines and arcing in towards the center. The central eye turns a burning red as the lines of energy converge. There is a flash and the eye blinks, awake and aware.

Heed our song and power gain

Spurn our love and embrace pain

The sign on the black sun slowly fades away as the god's assault dwindles further, but it remains in the god's minds like an afterimage; imprinted there by a psychic impulse.

All across the universe, thinking beings again raise their voices in song. More are affected this time, though still only perhaps one in 50,000. Where before it was quietly whispered, now it is sung aloud. Some sing without their knowledge, some sing willingly with arms raised towards the roiling black star. The voices of the god's creations rise in unison, singing to the thing shattering their star. The words make no sense to those unaffected, but the chant has tangible power.

Step into the Void
through the Seven Silver Gates
Astra'ath is all

Sight which is NOT sight
tri-lobed eye opens fully
Haunter of the Dark

One Thousand Faces
Black consumption of the gods
Hallowed be thy name

Behind the Wall of Sleep
the Nightgaunts haunt
Carry us to the Dreamlands
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:55:39 pm by forsaken1111 »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 07, 2010, 02:07:42 pm »

Coradin fell back to his chair, and he saw his mount throw himself at the walls of the Refuge and let out a mighty roar in anger.
This had been the worst one yet.
They had no time to waste.

' Siblings... please, we must hurry. Luna, Aarrook... you need to find the girl's brother. Poena... I will do whatever I can to aid you.'

Coradin blesses the girl with a great eye and sharp senses, if she accepts the blessing
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2010, 02:42:03 pm »

Poena blinked, and the moment she opened her eyes again, everything seemed clearer. She felt more aware of her surroundings, even noticing when the Refuge's guardian shifted its feet. She also noticed something she had completely ignored when she first arrived at the council: The strength of the Gods themselves. Once more she blinked, stunned by the new experiences.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2010, 02:46:16 pm »

Aerie fell to her knees, terrified by this blackout. She hadn't even walked two steps inside when it happened. The last line could still be heard echoing faintly down the tunnel. Aerie curled up and began to cry.

((There's always a semi-archnemisis, isn't there? Hehehe...))
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 56