Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Being "Reported"  (Read 23518 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Being "Reported"
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2010, 06:30:24 pm »

I can't believe you guys got riled up about the feasibility of dual-wielding swords.

It's the Internet.  Not politics, not religion, not coding nor console wars, nothing can spark a forum fight like an argument over personal combat situations between nerds who never touched a weapon.

If flamethrowers get involved, run.

Pathos

« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2010, 06:32:09 pm »

You know what people shouldn't do in this thread but do anyway?

Remember a time when they almost got banned/muted/whatever for something they don't deny they did and then got out of through deceit.

You're actually lowering peoples opinions of you. I know you lower mine.

The important thing is wording something correctly. If you can do that, you don't have to lie. ;D

Anyway, I WAS hacked, hence the scamming. Pass on the joy.

( Charcoal selling was the best thing ever. "No, really, it serves as THREE coal. You can make THREE iron bars with it, without a chance of failure. How much can I sign you up for?" )

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2010, 06:36:16 pm »

Oh, you were hacked. Yeah, wording's pretty important.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2010, 06:49:38 pm »

I thought the poor kid who was trying to get a girl in the same way you'd try to get a guy's thread was going to become a catastrophic meltdown of reports and bans, but thankfully they were simply removed. That got ugly fast.

On a related note, I know you can change titles and lock threads, but can you remove your own?

-spelling
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:52:57 pm by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2010, 06:51:02 pm »

Nope. And since there's no real need to remove them, asking Toady to do it is futile.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2010, 06:59:51 pm »

Now, I know there are threads around here that have vanished completely.  Off-hand, there was a thread a little while ago (in the hole of misery that is Life Advice) about a personal issue that apparently resolved itself.  There was also a discussion going on in it that I was following, but I came back a couple days later and the thread was simply nonexistent.  So I assume the guy asked for it to be deleted or something.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pathos

« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2010, 07:01:40 pm »

I thought the poor kid who was trying to get a girl in the same way you'd try to get a guy's thread was going to become a catastrophic meltdown of reports and bans, but thankfully they were simply removed. That got ugly fast.

On a related note, I know you can change titles and lock threads, but can you remove your own?

That Life Advice thread? I found them hilarious, I really wish they hadn't got deleted. =(

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2010, 07:03:27 pm »

As far as I know, if a thread was deleted it's because it was totally unsalvageable and reflected very badly on the forum as a whole.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2010, 07:10:50 pm »

Yes, but it was so fun at the time! As a public service announcement, hawt skinny jeans don't make you hawt, and if you have no muscle mass in your legs, they make you look like Peg Leg the Pirate.
While talking to AJ:

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2010, 07:23:52 pm »

I thought it was funny how he knew he had to make it clear he was a male after describing his search for skinny jeans.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2010, 07:25:35 pm »

I wonder if he honestly was looking for advice or was trolling
While talking to AJ:

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2010, 07:36:29 pm »

At first I thought you were speaking of my thread, but now I'm not sure. This thread sounds hilarious.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2010, 07:38:56 pm »

I'd have to check with Toady, but I think I have received two warnings. One of them I was being an idiot after reading some demotivators and carried slang with me that I shouldn't have. I think the other time was I flew off the handle at The Architect because he was trying to make a point in the Zombie Preparedness thread and I kept reading his posts as an angry tone. Although in that one I think I edited my post and apologized via PM.

I can't believe you guys got riled up about the feasibility of dual-wielding swords.

The fact that one person was very riled up and one wasn't is the reason it ended the way it did, not in a flame war.

Edit: Anyway, Life Advice is always good for a laugh. It's also rather strange that so many people are eager to give advice. Even after someone has been completely, adequately answered, several others will come in and answer them with several repetitive paragraphs repeating everything that's been said.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:43:41 pm by The Architect »
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2010, 07:40:22 pm »

You had an argument about that?

You guys are aware that the final scene of Hamlet commonly features a rather commonplace dueling scenario where both competitors dual-wielded blades, right?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2010, 07:42:30 pm »

I'd have to check with Toady, but I think I have received two warnings. One of them I was being an idiot after reading some demotivators and carried slang with me that I shouldn't have. I think the other time was I flew off the handle at The Architect because he was trying to make a point in the Zombie Preparedness thread and I kept reading his posts as an angry tone. Although in that one I think I edited my post and apologized via PM.

The fact that one person was very riled up and one wasn't is the reason it ended the way it did, not in a flame war.

I think it was the thing with spears. Strife and I were discussing applicability, and I thought The Architect was saying what he said harsher than he was. I really just told him if he wanted to come in and discuss, he could do it without coming off like a jerk, and then he explained he wasn't being harsh like I thought, and I apologized with something like "Sorry for being a major asshole".

Besides, everyone knows dual wielding is ridiculous.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24