Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Being "Reported"  (Read 23520 times)

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Being "Reported"
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2010, 02:32:55 am »

I am just wondering what the forum thinks.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2010, 02:38:31 am »

Returning to the scene of a crime is often not a very good thing to do. You should probably drop it while you're coming out of it ahead rather than diving into it full steam.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2010, 03:51:20 am »

Yeah, what we think doesn't really matter much. You might want to let this one lie.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, It's Charlemagne, with a sword, by Dürer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2010, 06:06:08 am »

Seriously, don't end up like me and continuing with something past its usefullness. You'll just end up the worse for wear :D.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

"To have another language is to possess a second soul."              
               Charlemagne

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2010, 12:39:01 pm »

there can only be one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2010, 12:55:30 pm »

The analogy to House that somebody made (and I quoted in my sig) is entirely too perfect.

Who made it?  Did they refuse to be credited?

Hmm, got warned, deleted my account, Toady deleted the possibility to delete an account after this because I returned after a few days. (I actually missed you guys, damnit!)

You're Angellus?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2010, 02:13:22 pm »

The forum*, unilaterally, thinks you should shut up about it.  No good will come of digging up old incidents.

*On behalf of me, myself, and I.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2010, 02:41:19 pm »

I've been punished on one forum.  The World of Warcraft forums.  Damn them.  They lost my Herald of Woe, years back, and I made a topic, complaining.  They deleted it.  When I replied in another thread about a similar incidence, they banned me for the day.  I will hold this grudge until the day my bones turn to dust.  Of course, I'll still buy every game Blizzard creates and love doing it.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2010, 05:56:29 pm »

I'd have to check with Toady, but I think I have received two warnings. One of them I was being an idiot after reading some demotivators and carried slang with me that I shouldn't have. I think the other time was I flew off the handle at The Architect because he was trying to make a point in the Zombie Preparedness thread and I kept reading his posts as an angry tone. Although in that one I think I edited my post and apologized via PM.

Also, I wormed my way out of a permanent-ban in RuneScape. I kept up contact and played alongside one of the staff members a lot, so when I got notice I would be banned, I got him as a witness of character and got banned for something like 30 days instead.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Pathos

« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2010, 06:17:23 pm »

Also, I wormed my way out of a permanent-ban in RuneScape. I kept up contact and played alongside one of the staff members a lot, so when I got notice I would be banned, I got him as a witness of character and got banned for something like 30 days instead.

Huh, what were you going to be permabanned for?

I was going to be permabanned at one point for scamming, but I instead claimed that my account had been hacked and I hadn't accessed it. Luckily, I'd done it the week before, so I got off scot free. It was beautiful.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2010, 06:19:16 pm »

What do you think of any time you get reported in a game / on a forum for something? Also, are there any times when you've been banned for TINY things?

Reported on a forum? Banned for tiny things? Why yes, I have a remarkable tale to regale you with...
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2010, 06:20:11 pm »

You know what people shouldn't do in this thread but do anyway?

Remember a time when they almost got banned/muted/whatever for something they don't deny they did and then got out of through deceit.

You're actually lowering peoples opinions of you. I know you lower mine.

EDIT: CJ, no. For the love of God, no. Don't start.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2010, 06:21:48 pm »

I'd have to check with Toady, but I think I have received two warnings. One of them I was being an idiot after reading some demotivators and carried slang with me that I shouldn't have. I think the other time was I flew off the handle at The Architect because he was trying to make a point in the Zombie Preparedness thread and I kept reading his posts as an angry tone. Although in that one I think I edited my post and apologized via PM.

I can't believe you guys got riled up about the feasibility of dual-wielding swords.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2010, 06:22:42 pm »

EDIT: CJ, no. For the love of God, no. Don't start.

'Twas in jest, dear rabbit, in jest.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2010, 06:29:16 pm »

I can't believe you guys got riled up about the feasibility of dual-wielding swords.

It's the Internet.  Not politics, not religion, not coding nor console wars, nothing can spark a forum fight like an argument over personal combat situations between nerds who never touched a weapon.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24