Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Being "Reported"  (Read 23525 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Being "Reported"
« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2010, 08:16:07 pm »

Shuddap the both of yas.  Your argument is silly and pointless in the thread that spawned it, and you're not going to bring it to other threads.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2010, 08:17:14 pm »

THATS (Hopefully) THE JOKE.

It's always serious on the internet.

Always.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2010, 08:19:18 pm »

It's always serious on the internet.

Always.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Pathos

« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2010, 08:38:08 pm »

The scary part is that I know Chinese people who dress like that.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2010, 09:08:17 pm »

Shuddap the both of yas.  Your argument is silly and pointless in the thread that spawned it, and you're not going to bring it to other threads.

Nobody is actually 'arguing' anything, though. Why are you trying to stir up hard feelings that don't exist? :(
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2010, 09:14:57 pm »

Nobody is actually 'arguing' anything, though. Why are you trying to stir up hard feelings that don't exist? :(

Why are you having a discussion about that in this thread? It's not what the thread is for.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 04, 2010, 09:28:46 pm »

This thread is for being deported.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2010, 09:35:55 pm »

It is, yeah. I don't think we've had a straight up "your all dumbasss" troll for like two years.

yo cr4ck4 g0 f!ght me nd ma h0m!Es in da r34lz w0Rld m8!

fo suRe.

Needed to be done.

I got banned from runescape because I took a player out into the wilderness and killed him because I wanted his stuff.

I got a warning from warcraft because me and my friend were "bar fighting" with mugs while screaming things like "Y0UZ STOLEZ MA WOMAN" and "Y0UZ COULD NEVAR SATISFY THAT F0XY MAIDEN!

To be fair, it did last half an hour long, and it was in the middle of goldshire. We did have a crowd of around 50 guys watching though. The pub made good money too, because we stocked up on ale beforehand to keep our characters suitably drunk.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2010, 10:07:46 pm »

A warning? You should have gotten an award for creative/fun roleplaying.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2010, 10:13:57 pm »

Um, the runescape ban kinda makes sense, but the Architect's right about the Warcraft one. It doesn't sound like you were being disruptive.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2010, 12:45:55 am »

In EVE Online, scams, getting people to follow you into areas where you can kill them, baiting people, etc. is a perfectly normal part of the game :D

Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2010, 02:18:29 am »

In EVE Online, scams, getting people to follow you into areas where you can kill them, baiting people, etc. is a perfectly normal part of the game :D
There's a part of me that can't help but be disgusted by games that don't let you dick around and fuck people over (within the provided mechanics, I mean), especially considering how carefuckingbear friendly most of them are already. :/
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2010, 02:20:37 am »

I suppose a heavily roleplay-enforced MUD would be good for that sort of thing. Not that I know, I've never actually tried one.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2010, 02:20:44 am »

I got banned from runescape because I took a player out into the wilderness and killed him because I wanted his stuff

I got banned on Habbo Hotel for something similar, once.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2010, 08:50:13 am »

*whistle*
There's only one case where you aren't allowed to scam/bait/kill, other than using exploits to scam/kill (which are banned no matter what you use them for). That case is "n00b baiting". PvP is pretty much off-limits in the starter systems, yet you still see people trying to convince new players to take (steal) "free" stuff from a container they've ejected into space, then kill them. I may have come along in a suitably innocent-looking but relatively strong ship (e.g. tech 2 version of a typical ship in the area) and taken the stuff on purpose, just to see if the baiter was stupid enough to attack me. So far not :(

Also, entering lowsec and saying "hi guys" is a great way to see what the inside of your ship looks like.
In fact entering lowsec at all. The gates between low and high security space are pretty much camped 24/7.

On the reporting/banning front, I've never been banned. I have had someone try to votekick me from my own game server though, which was amusing.

I have had large sections of (multiple) threads deleted in one forum (not this one). I got PMd by a few people afterwards because they enjoyed reading it :P It was an argument with someone who thinks they know what they're on about, but actually would find it difficult to be more wrong.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:52:28 am by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24