Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released  (Read 123814 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2010, 12:10:30 am »

Actually...

I love the fixes, but I still got a pathfinding bug.

I had a miner stuck in an area, with a clear path up a ramp to food and water. He was hungry and thirsty. He had no job, despite there being lots of other mining designated. So we're not out of the woods yet.

Looks like ramps are causing some issues again.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2010, 12:35:16 am »

Hi!

Mind you, I have not encountered that one myself (have not had a mayor in 31.0x yet (^_^;; ), but from what people describe this can be a serious issue, I think.
I've got that bug, but its easy to solve. Just use magma, and no more mandates.

(^_^;;

But that requires
a) breaching the magma
b) risking a tantrum spiral (the former mayor is either your expedition leader (senior dwarf) or a dwarf who had enough friends to get voted into office before.

Deathworks

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2010, 06:46:27 am »

Vermin rot bug fixed in changelog! Great!
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2010, 08:44:05 am »

Fishing bug seems exterminated for 0.31.4, next release looks good already and it's only been a day since the current release.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

JabberWockey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2010, 08:45:29 am »

This is great!  I had to stop loading one of my fortresses because my dwarves were locked in an eternal struggle with zombies.

Also, I've been reading the changelog and noticed you fixed the Fish bug.  I can't wait for the .4 release!  That plus the corpse problems that are fixed are the only major qualms I have been experiencing with the latest release.

Question: Reading the fix, is miasma not going to generate on the rotting corpses?  It seems like the .04 fix for issues 22 and 161 are a temporary fix.

Awesome job supporting this game, with such fast turnarounds!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:52:45 am by JabberWockey »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2010, 09:07:51 am »

This is great!  I had to stop loading one of my fortresses because my dwarves were locked in an eternal struggle with zombies.

Also, I've been reading the changelog and noticed you fixed the Fish bug.  I can't wait for the .4 release!  That plus the corpse problems that are fixed are the only major qualms I have been experiencing with the latest release.

Question: Reading the fix, is miasma not going to generate on the rotting corpses?  It seems like the .04 fix for issues 22 and 161 are a temporary fix.

Awesome job supporting this game, with such fast turnarounds!

Yea, we're picking up speed here as far as bugfixing goes.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2010, 09:31:55 am »

Yea, we're picking up speed here as far as bugfixing goes.
I think it might have more to do with the "transparency" of the fix process now...  I love keeping an eye on the bug site for some odd reason. :p
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2010, 09:33:25 am »

Me too, heh.

Transparency is always good in the dev proccess.

Hey Toady, could you check out the Liaison stuff because people are saying that they aren't replaced (like before v31) and I do take your word that they are suppoused to be replaced now. Maybe its related to the other wierdness that is happening with nobles.

Makes me wonder how come it didn't show up when you were having your testing team test it, still, now the community is the testing team, and a HUGE one at that, so that's a good thing :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:38:51 am by smjjames »

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2010, 09:42:42 am »

Healthcare and military bugfixes, the bunch that I'm waiting for the most. I really, really, really hope they get in .04 before it releases.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2010, 11:11:26 am »

Actually...

I love the fixes, but I still got a pathfinding bug.

I had a miner stuck in an area, with a clear path up a ramp to food and water. He was hungry and thirsty. He had no job, despite there being lots of other mining designated. So we're not out of the woods yet.

I had something similar happen to me, but it turned out it wasn't a bug. I had dammed a brook and mined into it to help drain the water faster. When it was drained, I had a wall constructed where I dug into it. My dwarf got trapped, even though I had a ramp nearby where I built the damn.

As it turns out, despite the water passing through it, giving it the illusion of being open space, you can't walk through brook tiles. They're solid and need to be dug out first.
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

Igor Savin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2010, 11:12:50 am »

I love keeping an eye on the bug site for some odd reason. :p

Huh? Must be missing something here; can't see any bugfix updates on the official bay12games site.

Could you kindly provide a link?..

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2010, 11:15:36 am »

S/he means the new bug tracker, specifically the changelog.

deek0146

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2010, 11:15:53 am »

Linux!!!!!! :(

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2010, 11:16:03 am »

I love keeping an eye on the bug site for some odd reason. :p

Huh? Must be missing something here; can't see any bugfix updates on the official bay12games site.

Could you kindly provide a link?..

http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

I think you need to make an account to view that page, though.
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

Tripsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2010, 11:16:53 am »

hey, great work! loving all the work, just loving the hell out of it.

had to throw my two cents in regarding undead and hitpoints - i think it's fitting to use them. undead are things you have to chop or smash into tiny bits to make them stop (or so it is in my experience). kind of like an old school terminator. and that fits hitpoints - just keep smashing it til it gets to 0 and nothing is left to crawl after you. now, if cut off skeleton limbs kept coming for you until pulverised, all the better. though i agree taking out the brain of a zombie should insta-kill. that's text book stuff.

once again toady, great work.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23