Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released  (Read 123837 times)

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2010, 12:22:17 pm »

Massive credit to Toady for getting these bug fixes out so fast. I thought we'd be waiting at least a month till the first bug fix releases.

Anyway, the most annoying bugs that I've encountered so far are listed in order of priority below. Most important at the top:

• Unkillable Creatures
  • Problems with getting military to train/do anything
  • Various problems with dwarves getting stuck on tasks (particularly medical dwarves from what I hear)
  • Permanent vermin corpses

Those are the only real complaints I have left with the new version. It will take time for all the minor raw errors and stuff to get fixed, but at this rate it will be up to 40d standard of playability within a couple of weeks.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2010, 12:25:34 pm »

Yeah... I just keep updating my game at this point :P I'm not going to get any mods for a while ^^;
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2010, 12:49:16 pm »

(*) allowed undead to be killed by accumulated impacts for the time being while they don't make sense

Does this only apply to undead, or also to other unkillable monsters(Bronze Colossi and some HFS)?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2010, 12:52:23 pm »

Just undead, not others.

Vulkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2010, 12:53:31 pm »

Although, it is rather annoying that tearing apart an enemies heart doesn't instantly kill them.

That, surely, must be a bug, and it makes playing a Spearman in Adventure even more of a bore.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2010, 12:56:21 pm »

Hmmm, it seems magma is not very hot at all. I just dropped skeletal and zombie dog into magma in arena and they are in there 5 mins so far and counting. The skeletal dog is just burned up a bit, still "alive". The Zombie dogs all soft organs have melted away but he is still alive and kicking. This is very much in tune with previous reports that magma rather suffocates than burns victims to death. Since undead cannot suffocate, they are able to survive in magma indefinitely.
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2010, 01:13:49 pm »

Did the zombie dog turn to a skeletal dog?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2010, 01:16:21 pm »

I just tested this with undead Blizzard Men and undead cats (a zombie and skeletal each) and they are still 'alive' in magma too....

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2010, 01:24:04 pm »

Wow, I have a HUGE FPS increase.  It's doubling my framerate from 21 to 43.  Also, the two year battle between some caravan guards and skeletal mountain goats finally came to an end as I loaded up the new version.

Actually, sometimes it's jumping up to 50... This is ridiculously awesome.

grognoglog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2010, 01:40:47 pm »

Great job, keep slaying em.

Drifton

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is still an optional part of society
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2010, 02:03:06 pm »

I'm sure the interface makes perfect sense to toady, all my games interfaces make the best sense to me until i forget why i did it that way :D

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2010, 02:04:54 pm »

This is awesome. Dwarf Fortress is becoming greater with every release! The only huge remaining problem is, in my opinion, that marksdwarves still don't work. But I'm sure that will be remedied in due time! (Sue me if Toady fixed that behind my back. :D)
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2010, 02:25:54 pm »

Hi!

First of all, thank you Toady One for the continued good work!

I have to admit that I have not encountered any of the problems others have had (like the FPS issue or path bug and ever since the first 3D version, I am mostly surface farming anyway), so I am not really a beneficiary of this update, but I still appreciate it.

Since people are pointing out their pet peeves, I take the liberty of mentioning that besides the crash bugs, the bug people have reported that has worried me the most is the multiple mayor bug: After all, having nobles issuing mandates you can't check basically means a damocles sword hanging over all your productive dwarves - and if you got several of those, things may very well become unplayable, I believe.

Mind you, I have not encountered that one myself (have not had a mayor in 31.0x yet (^_^;; ), but from what people describe this can be a serious issue, I think.

Deathworks

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2010, 02:30:48 pm »

Hm, transferring the standard raws into a old save as properly as I'm able seems to have made my crafts-shop only able to make unknown substance crafts.  But my game IS pretty heavily modded, so take that with a grain of salt. It could have been any number of things I screwed up at.

You're not the only one.  There appear to be several other minor but weird bugs with material indexing:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=663
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1044
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=385
I got that, saved, quit, reloaded, and it was back to normal.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2010, 02:35:59 pm »

Mind you, I have not encountered that one myself (have not had a mayor in 31.0x yet (^_^;; ), but from what people describe this can be a serious issue, I think.
I've got that bug, but its easy to solve. Just use magma, and no more mandates.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23