Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371908 times)

Dahzeal33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been playing with this really old version for a while, but it has now come to my attention that there's a new version of DF that makes the dwarves pick up weapons, which they aren't doing atm. However, I can't get the new version to look like I want to, is my old version fucked up, or is the new tileset differently colored? I can live with the colorchanges, but I can't get the program-window to look like it did before. not even with the stuff you just uploaded. Does anyone have any tips?

This is how I want it to look like;

And this is how it looks like now;

Your "how it looks now" pic looks just like mine.  Granted I've only been playing a few weeks.  I think that's how it's supposed to look.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

Try to take the tileset located in the \data\art\folder of your older DFG and put it into  the \data\art\folder of your newer DFG, then edit the init.txt to point to that tileset name.

That should turn your graphic back to your prefered one.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been playing with this really old version for a while, but it has now come to my attention that there's a new version of DF that makes the dwarves pick up weapons, which they aren't doing atm. However, I can't get the new version to look like I want to, is my old version fucked up, or is the new tileset differently colored?

Go into init.txt and change any instance of mayday.png to mayday-sans-highlight.png. There might still be some color differences but mostly you're using the 'highlighted' tileset, which the sans-highlight option is there to remove.

SpyderVenom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

blah blah mayday for 0.31.12 blah blah

Small version? What if we want full version? hehe

Ask and thy shall receive.. although you should really be able to do this yourself ;P

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2843

Thanks! I know I should be able to do this, but for some reason or another, it escapes me exactly what all to change, things look wierd when I do it, walls are 2's, Never were when mike made it, things like that...

Now i am worried about dwarf therapist, cant seem to wrap my head around fixing that myself either, no idea how to figure out what the random checksum number should be and what not, I am not a coder in the least, I am a networker! Make the game multiplayer, and I might have an idea how to influance that part of it...

thanks for the assistance guys, I really hope mike doesnt stop updating, I cant stand the smily face dwarves and letters for monsters, and I cant work fast enough for sure without therapist heheh...

Hmmm, maybe they should just straight intigrate therapist somehow!

RasendeTiur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

blah blah

Go into init.txt and change any instance of mayday.png to mayday-sans-highlight.png. There might still be some color differences but mostly you're using the 'highlighted' tileset, which the sans-highlight option is there to remove.

Changing to the sans-highlight did the trick, thanks dude! As you said, some stuff was changed, like the water and some walls, but the colors were basically similar. By changing BLACK_SPACE off and having the rezising-option on, I was able to make it look like I wanted it to, it's perfect now!   :D

bluebogle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi everyone. I just started fiddling with all this today. I keep getting some odd texture in place of all the "." and (not sure) maybe the ","
It's the same texture that's on parts of the map, like some dust or something.

Anyone have advise for this?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

This is a trick to make all land to look the same. Get an older version if you want to get rid of that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

bluebogle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I found a 40d version and tried that, but I still get the same sand effect for all the "." (periods). Do I have to just put up with it? Can I go and manually edit the tileset graphics, or will that cause diff. problems?

edit: Well, I realized that Mayday has included a more text friendly version of the tileset which I just activated. I can see where the balance between scene and text comes into play between the two options. ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:46:01 am by bluebogle »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

I've uploaded an update. If everything's ok I'll write a tutorial as well because it seems I've managed to simplify the process a bit.
<3

gazj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Linux version available on my server as always.  www.foxjames.co.uk/linux/dfg

Mike - You can post the build script I use to automatically convert df to dfg on your website if you wish.  It's a little easier than the manual way.  It should in theory work for mac users too.  Just change the first to variables to mix the versions you require.

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
#converts dwarf fortress into Mike Maydays graphical version

dfv="31_12"
dfgv="31_12"
dffolder="df_linux"
dfgfolder="df_"$dfv"_win"
initfile=$dffolder/data/init/init.txt

#get ourselves out of the working directory
mkdir -p dfconv/$dfgfolder
cd dfconv

#get packages
wget "http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/df_"$dfv"_linux.tar.bz2"
wget "http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/upload/dfg_"$dfgv"_win.zip"

#unpack packages
tar xf "df_"$dfv"_linux.tar.bz2"
unzip "dfg_"$dfgv"_win.zip" -d $dfgfolder

#merge the contents
rm -R $dffolder/raw
cp -R $dfgfolder/raw $dffolder
cp -R $dfgfolder/data/art $dffolder/data
cp -R $dfgfolder/data/init/colors.txt $dffolder/data/init

#edit the init file to include the graphics set
sed -i 's/GRAPHICS:NO/GRAPHICS:YES/g' $initfile
sed -i 's/GRAPHICS_FONT:curses_square_16x16.png/GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday-sans-highlight.png/g' $initfile
sed -i 's/GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png/GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday-sans-highlight.png/g' $initfile
sed -i 's/GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES/GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:NO/g' $initfile

#tar her back
tar cf "dfg_"$dfv"_linux.tar.bz2" $dffolder

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Hmmm, I'm not sure that it does everything right since I'm a bloody newb when it comes to unixes... I'll write the tutorial and you'll be able to check if everything is done as needed, then I'll place it on the website, ok?
<3

Fedge

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've been having a small problem with the tileset.  For some reason, the dwarfs and the animals don't appear correctly when I run the game.  The animals don't show up as graphics at all, and the dorfs who up as some other graphic.  I've downloaded the newest DFG (dfg_31_12) and run it straight from the zip file without changing anything, yet I have this problem.  Here's a screenshot:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks Mike, for all your hard work!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 01:00:33 pm by Fedge »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Hahaha, count on me to forget crucial stuff. Will fix this in a minute.
<3

Fedge

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hahaha, count on me to forget crucial stuff. Will fix this in a minute.

I'm somewhat new to the game, but I was wondering if there was an easy explanation for what the hiccup was.  I tried poking around in the init file and the graphics folder, with no luck.  What exactly was it?

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the update Mike!
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 78