Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371897 times)

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could try forcing the game to run in your resolution. Open data/init/init.txt and set the resolutions FOR THE GRAPHICS MODE.

uhh.. umm.. which part would that be? do I just replace the numbers on windowed and fullscreen with my resolution?
If I had a monkey, I would borrow my moms sewing machine and make my monkey a little monkey suit. Then if anyone said "Thats not a real monkey, it's just a monkey suit, I can see the zipper", I could say "I bet you fifty dollars it is a real monkey" and when they said "that seems like a reasonable bet, you are on", my monkey would take off the monkey suit and they would have to pay me fifty dollars.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:0]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

change the zeroes to your resolution. Good luck ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:48:57 pm by Mike Mayday »
<3

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it worked! yay! for some reason, a few of the graphics are messed up, but it is still easier to use than default.
If I had a monkey, I would borrow my moms sewing machine and make my monkey a little monkey suit. Then if anyone said "Thats not a real monkey, it's just a monkey suit, I can see the zipper", I could say "I bet you fifty dollars it is a real monkey" and when they said "that seems like a reasonable bet, you are on", my monkey would take off the monkey suit and they would have to pay me fifty dollars.

Ratha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im using the all-in-one download of the graphics pack for dfg_31_12_b_win

I have a question about the Doors/Bins/Barrels.

Both mayday.png or mayday-sans-highlight.png both have very dark wooden doors for me. IE you pretty much cannot see the door, its *nearly* black. This was briefly talked about in the thread much earlier. I even attempted to edit the PNG and color the door myself to see if i could get it to change, but it just ignored my coloring and copy and pasting.

Regarding wooden bins, and wooden barrels, both are very dark in the mayday.png, yet they are bright in the non highlighted version. However the non highlighted version is very dark on my monitor and hard on the eyes so im trying to run the highlighted version, (which has the dark bin/barrel.)

Is there a way to fix the barrels and bins so that the highlighted version uses the same ones as the non highlighted version with the brighter barrels and bins? I attempted to copy them from one to the other but that had no effect, possibly due to my inept paintshop program/skills or my lack of understanding on what format the PNG needs to be saved in. (Everything worked, it just worked as if i had never changed those graphics in the first place, which is confusing since they had been changed and couldnt have been referenced to my knowledge.. so maybe theres a hidden setting in the PNG i cant edit/access.)

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Mortenlor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Ok. I'm having a problem with a lot of crashes. It seems to me that it happens at the year change. Any idea what could be the problem?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Ok. I'm having a problem with a lot of crashes. It seems to me that it happens at the year change. Any idea what could be the problem?
I highly doubt it is the Mayday graphics pack causing them, but it is an easy test. Turn the graphics off and see if you crash.

If you still crash, ask in one of the general DF threads or report a bug.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Could it be the ice melting all at once and causing a 5-minute-long pause for you?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

KylonOrina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mayday's site seems to be down. Any other places to get the tileset package?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

KylonOrina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep.

Ahh great thank you very much sir!

SireosS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I don't know if anyone mentioned it before but, I read that the bug where vermin did not rot had been fixed. However when playing the version downloaded off of May Green's website they still do not seem to rot.

Goodguy3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just curious, and please don't stone me for asking this, but now that I've downloaded the newest version. .well, something's not right with my dwarves. .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not that a mighty army of Stoneworkers is a terrible thing, but it's just a touch irritating that the Soldier graphics aren't correctly displaying. Is this a known issue that will be fixed, or did I do something incorrectly? I just downloaded the latest version from your site in a completely new folder and ran the game, didn't touch any of the init's or other files.
It was a few moments later that my brain supplied the information that it might actually be the name for a male Ostrich..

jerobe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.12] Mayday's DFG - questions and problems - READ THE FAQ before asking
« Reply #582 on: September 01, 2010, 07:20:31 pm »

I'm just curious, and please don't stone me for asking this, but now that I've downloaded the newest version. .well, something's not right with my dwarves. .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not that a mighty army of Stoneworkers is a terrible thing, but it's just a touch irritating that the Soldier graphics aren't correctly displaying. Is this a known issue that will be fixed, or did I do something incorrectly? I just downloaded the latest version from your site in a completely new folder and ran the game, didn't touch any of the init's or other files.

Luckily they still appear normal in the field so you won't have to worry about that. I have the same issue so I'm guessing something got messed up in the release.

Goodguy3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.12] Mayday's DFG - questions and problems - READ THE FAQ before asking
« Reply #583 on: September 01, 2010, 10:13:41 pm »

Yes, I noticed that, and was seriously relieved :D. I'm glad it's a known issue and not something that I managed to break.
It was a few moments later that my brain supplied the information that it might actually be the name for a male Ostrich..

Afelia Fail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 06, 2010, 02:12:49 am »

Hey there! I'm very glad with Mayday's tileset, and using it for quite a long time, but now i got a little problem. Example is following: I designated floodgate to be built, then when dwarf just started to build it, i said to remove construction, and since now i got a black square instead of all floodgates. Restarting/saving/etc not work, but when starting new fortress it's all right. Same thing occasionally occurs with plants and doors.

I'm sorry if this were already discussed, but i didn't find anything.

Cheers there from Russia ;)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 78