Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371891 times)

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hahaha, count on me to forget crucial stuff. Will fix this in a minute.

I'm somewhat new to the game, but I was wondering if there was an easy explanation for what the hiccup was.  I tried poking around in the init file and the graphics folder, with no luck.  What exactly was it?

At a guess, I'd say that the differently colored dorfs there are all the base default dorf sprite colored by profession because something broke the profession sprite mapping for everything but miners.
(in fact, the broken profession display is the reason I haven't been using this graphics set since this version of DF came out- was waiting for it to be fixed)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

gazj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, I'm not sure that it does everything right since I'm a bloody newb when it comes to unixes... I'll write the tutorial and you'll be able to check if everything is done as needed, then I'll place it on the website, ok?

I know it does not copy your embark profiles, and it uses the sans-highlight tileset by default.  This is only because they are my personal preferences.  The script can be changed to use the standard tileset and include your embark profiles for your website if prefered.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Hahaha, count on me to forget crucial stuff. Will fix this in a minute.

I'm somewhat new to the game, but I was wondering if there was an easy explanation for what the hiccup was.  I tried poking around in the init file and the graphics folder, with no luck.  What exactly was it?

At a guess, I'd say that the differently colored dorfs there are all the base default dorf sprite colored by profession because something broke the profession sprite mapping for everything but miners.
(in fact, the broken profession display is the reason I haven't been using this graphics set since this version of DF came out- was waiting for it to be fixed)

The professions have been working since a few releases ago. This time I simply forgot to copy the graphics :D

James- nah, that's minor stuff. I'm more concerned with the merging of tile definitions.
<3

Darkwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just downloaded the newest version, copied my savegame, deleted the raws and now I have some weird symbols in the name of my dwarves. For example there's a lever, a tree or a turtle in the name. Additionally, I can't see any system in them, e.g. it's not that all "a"s are replaced by the lever symbol, but some "a"s are there, some are not.

The world was generated using the former version of DFG.
What can I do now?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:47:28 pm by Darkwhite »

Mein Gott

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

well I have a problem too:
my engraved walls and floor use tiles presenting pictures engravings are about. heres screen:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- middle bedroom's floor is smoothed, 1st and 2nd are copletly egraved, except corners
(tip, if you cant see rooms: they are 11x3)

any ideas?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You probably have show engravings toggled in the init and there is a designation that toggles the engravings.

Darkwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I've just read in the FAQ that these strange symbols might be caused by some changes in the raw-files: I did not edit them, neither in version 12 nor the previous one (version 10). Redownloaded, extracted and copied my saves again, same result: Strange symbols.
What can I do now?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

No, the strange symbols are there (in this case) because I am a moron who does updates at 2AM. Forgot to "upgrade" the language files.
Update in a few minutes.
<3

Darkwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whew... Already worried to have wrecked my savegames.

Thank you for the update!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 01:55:33 pm by Darkwhite »

Dutchy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

You probably have show engravings toggled in the init and there is a designation that toggles the engravings.
Im having the same thing. Which setting is that exactly? Maybe I'm reading over it or something...

( http://dragon.student.utwente.nl/temp/engraved_dining_room.png )

EDIT:
I figured it was [ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:YES], but it's already set to YES and I still don't have the normal smooth looking walls

EDIT: hit d-v for Toggle Engravings, for those that were already visible
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 05:16:40 pm by Dutchy »

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I am sorry, but most of what I am reading here goes right over my head. can someone give me some seriously dumbed-down instructions on how to use this? (or better yet, just give me a working copy of DFG? my resolution is 1152/864 if it matters)
If I had a monkey, I would borrow my moms sewing machine and make my monkey a little monkey suit. Then if anyone said "Thats not a real monkey, it's just a monkey suit, I can see the zipper", I could say "I bet you fifty dollars it is a real monkey" and when they said "that seems like a reasonable bet, you are on", my monkey would take off the monkey suit and they would have to pay me fifty dollars.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

You're missing a few horizontal pixels to play it.
<3

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

argh.:'( I had the tutorial running with this on it, with my screen size. but now If I play the new version after DLing it, it turns out really wide and short no matter what I do.
If I had a monkey, I would borrow my moms sewing machine and make my monkey a little monkey suit. Then if anyone said "Thats not a real monkey, it's just a monkey suit, I can see the zipper", I could say "I bet you fifty dollars it is a real monkey" and when they said "that seems like a reasonable bet, you are on", my monkey would take off the monkey suit and they would have to pay me fifty dollars.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

You could try forcing the game to run in your resolution. Open data/init/init.txt and set the resolutions FOR THE GRAPHICS MODE.
<3

TacKY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why is there no Middle Menu Screen or Area Map in this mod? Im new to the game and there is none of these.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 78