Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 372031 times)

dark0153

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFG32 - questions and problems thread
« Reply #270 on: June 09, 2010, 08:22:59 pm »

Any idea why this is happening with the character?

You need to remove the diacritics from the \raw\objects language txts or just replace them with the ones from a dfg release
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:28:34 pm by dark0153 »

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 09, 2010, 09:16:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have trees covered with snow showing up as weird icons. Of note I am on a Mac, so I'll I did was was drag the Mac files into your folder, and then click "Don't replace duplicates".
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 09, 2010, 09:33:18 pm »

You need to remove the diacritics from the \raw\objects language txts or just replace them with the ones from a dfg release

Which dfg release would that be? Like, any from the past? Also, I'm not really sure what I should be editing in the raws. There are tons of other language files -- such as dwarf, elf, etc.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:42:12 pm by Poot »

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 09, 2010, 09:46:26 pm »

All you need to do is go into init.txt and change mayday.png to mayday-sans-highlight.png
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

dark0153

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 09, 2010, 10:00:16 pm »

Which dfg release would that be? Like, any from the past? Also, I'm not really sure what I should be editing in the raws. There are tons of other language files -- such as dwarf, elf, etc.

only the language_DWARF.txt , language_HUMAN.txt , language_GOBLIN.txt and language_ELF.txt need editing/replacing if you see graphics instead of some letters

grab the latest dfg http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/upload/DFG32.zip it has both problems solved (highlights and letters)

Poot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 09, 2010, 10:04:08 pm »

All you need to do is go into init.txt and change mayday.png to mayday-sans-highlight.png

It's telling me it doesn't exist even though I do have it in the art file.

Also, I've been using the latest dfg. This shouldn't be a problem, tbh.

dark0153

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 09, 2010, 10:07:10 pm »

[ IMG ]

You forgot a "]" after  [GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday-sans-highlight.png

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 09, 2010, 10:10:22 pm »

Also, I'm on the latest, and the letters are still screwy.

Also, Mayday, its now a LOT harder to tell what is an immovable piece when building a workshop. The darker green tends to be washed out by the lighter green.

Poot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 09, 2010, 10:11:34 pm »

[ IMG ]

You forgot a "]" after  [GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday-sans-highlight.png

Well, good news. I got it working, but bad news is is that the letters are still screwed. I even replaced the new set of languages inside my save folder, just to make sure it works.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:15:25 pm by Poot »

shoowop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2010, 11:01:18 pm »

Love the speedy upload, didn't even realize .06 was out till 30 mins ago. loading this sucker up.

going great so far, pretty minor but I noticed the "Paused" notifier at the top left is starting to stay there even when the game's not paused. I have to hit the space bar 4 or 5 times for it to go away.

Again, no big deal. now I must go prepare to torture some goblins.

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 09, 2010, 11:49:51 pm »

First, <3 DFG

Second, anyone else have un-mined stone showing up as trees/vermin/etc?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2010, 02:39:09 am »

To everyone having problems: read the goddamn FAQ. I don't see a single question here that is not being answered in the FAQ.

Except for shooowop's: that is a general DF problem.
<3

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: [0.31.06] DFG32 - questions and problems thread
« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2010, 02:40:42 am »

Having a bad day Mike?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2010, 02:44:21 am »

Yeah, not enough sleep -_-

Anyway- if you did everything according to the FAQ and you're still getting weird symbols in your names, that means your world was generated with an unmodded DF. Even though your raw/language files are updated (no diacritics), the names that have already been generated will still have diacritics in them. Sorry, I don't think there'd be a solution for this problem (other than generating a new world of course).
<3

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2010, 12:32:00 pm »

Is there a way to fix my issue with the green workshop tiles blending in with one another, or this a problem on my end?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 78