Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 372038 times)

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.06] DFG32 - questions and problems thread
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2010, 11:31:39 pm »

I think I might need to explain Note 1 a bit:
1) delete data/save/region***/raw/ (the whole folder!)
2) copy /raw/ from the main DFG folder into your data/save/region***/ folder

Tell me if it helped :)

This fixed my issue. May i humbly recommend you add these instructions to the DIY on your site with a specific section for saves from previous versions or other graphics sets, in addition to where they are already posted on the FAQ?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #301 on: June 11, 2010, 03:46:11 am »

Deo: I'll look into modifying the mineral tiles soon.
Lemunde: if you had butterflies for magnetite then you too must have omitted updating your raws.
K4el: okay!
<3

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 11, 2010, 05:47:18 pm »

I am having a little bit of the flicker issue, however, I have it windowed and maximized with my screen res at 1440x900. I've only done arena so far and it only happens with going to the menus. Theres also a bit of wierd spacing on the border. Otherwise it all works fine.

Is there a way to get rid of the background boxes that are behind the text? Because reading the wounds stuff in the description is hard on the eyes because you have to look at a big block of red and slightly different red text underneath.

XxionxX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFG - questions and problems thread
« Reply #303 on: June 11, 2010, 08:40:10 pm »

Ok, Mike should I check back in a month of two? I know how much time these things can take, and I am very patient.  I will just learn the ascii until then.

Haha, not that long, no. Can you tell me what exactly is happening? Is the screen black?

Djo- I'll try to find some and see what's wrong.

Sorry about the delay in replying. No I just can't get the tileset to properly merge with the version of DF for linux i'm using (df_28_181_40d16_linux). I can get the pre-packed version to work on wine but it is just to slow. I have started playing, and it isn't all that bad. I think I just need a new computer, I keep reading about how this game requires a lot of processing power and I have an old computer. Maybe a previous version would work better instead of the current version that is for DF31?

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 11, 2010, 10:53:52 pm »

Is there a way to fix my issue with the green workshop tiles blending in with one another, or this a problem on my end?
Could you offer a picture to illustrate your problem?

If you squint, you can tell what's what. In was just easier to tell "passable" tiles from the "impassable" tiles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #305 on: June 11, 2010, 11:13:24 pm »

Hm, I've never seen that before. And it doesn't do this if you remove or turn off DFG?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #306 on: June 12, 2010, 04:43:59 am »

Xion: yes, you apparently haven't read the notes at the very beginning of the turorial. Use the download link for DFG22 (on the main page).
Smjames: the flickering is a DF issue. As for the backround: READ THE FAQ!
Cespinarve: you can edit the colour settings to make the darker green stand out more.
<3

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #307 on: June 12, 2010, 05:33:01 am »

Xion: yes, you apparently haven't read the notes at the very beginning of the turorial. Use the download link for DFG22 (on the main page).
Cespinarve: you can edit the colour settings to make the darker green stand out more.
Forsaken: You get magical cookies.
Wow thanks mike.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #308 on: June 12, 2010, 06:01:54 am »

Hey, how did you uncover my secret message?!

(umm, seriously though, did I miss a question from you? BTW, thanks for helping me by answering some of the people's questions here :) Have some more magical cookies).
<3

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #309 on: June 12, 2010, 06:09:03 am »

Hey, how did you uncover my secret message?!

(umm, seriously though, did I miss a question from you? BTW, thanks for helping me by answering some of the people's questions here :) Have some more magical cookies).
No, you didn't miss anything. :P I was just messing around.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 12, 2010, 09:17:57 am »

Okay, and sorry for not reading the FAQ.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile

Whereabouts should I go to edit the colour settings? How would I make it a darker green?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

The file containing the colour definitions is data/init/colors.txt Simply find Dark green and lower all its values.
<3

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

reiterating last page's report (cuz' I think mike missed it)

On 31.05 olivine doors show up as white suns in green backgrounds. I wonder if it is an internal DF bug or a problem on DFG's end.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Well, why don't you test it? :)
I'd say it's most likely an interesting DF bug.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:37:05 am by Mike Mayday »
<3
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 78