Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 76

Author Topic: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing  (Read 180227 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing
« Reply #870 on: December 08, 2012, 10:33:18 am »

(OOC: wow great read really enjoyed it.)

Journal: Well it seems that work is under full swing with people working at a feverish pace. Speaking of fever I was approached by Reg with concerns about the infected individuals. Despite them doing well in the last battle I cannot shake the feeling that their conditions may have helped lead to the deaths of the others. So as of now they are suspended from duty and reassigned to civilian pursuits. I will make have to make sure to keep them very busy so that they cannot stir up mischief and so that they feel they are contributing. Also I want to create a police force to patrol and regulate the community, with the recent deaths there will be grief, and we never did find that thieves guild. Therefore I must institute a work sign in sheet for every station and person as well as a trusted supervisor for every profession. Then have the police with the aid of the sign in sheet, keep tabs on all of the populace and what they are doing. Well to work then, maybe I can get a new gem stone to try and cheer myself up.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 10, 2012, 02:10:02 pm »

Laboratory Log
Ugo Sosleng

My plans are proceeding. Most excellent. On the other hand, to lose members of the fort due to mysteriously power boosted nothing is troubling. How are they gaining in power? The sooner the lab is ready the better for all of us. In the meantime, I will be keeping an eye on the wounded, whether Reg objects or not, primarily to be sure there is an absence of infection by nothing inflicted wounds. While a repeat of the Volrath indecent would be valuable to observe, losing any more of the militia would be catastrophic. Perhaps it could be induced in an animal? Perhaps in time. The presence of the nothing possessed goblins continues to trouble me. Is it a symbiotic relationship? Or more akin to possession and slavery? Are the goblins even aware in this state? The sooner we can capture one or more, the sooner answers can be obtained. An examination of the deceased will have to suffice for now.

On to work then.

To Do:
-Begin work on the project and begin stock piling trap components for it.

-Check on wounded.

-Specimen acquisition in order of priority= Nothing goblins, Flying nothing, Human collaborators, standard nothing.

-Talk with Fori about project.

-Ascertain status of the Nothing Research Lab.

Zorrin_Drake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 10, 2012, 02:33:00 pm »

{ooc:epic tale 8)}
From the journal of Nathaniel Stormwind:
                                                             Tales from the Void
                                                        Chapter 2 Halls of Mystery

I have finely come to Nomekast. It is not what I was expecting but it does not matter as we are safe for now. Rumors have started that I'm some kind of pious mystic and that I should lead the human temple, not that I mind but my services are open to all (pious mystic hmmf!).
As I was settling in several things happened; death rites for the fallen were performed, and an artifact the Shredzealots the Strange Hollow was made...I can sense great power coming from the crundle bone throne, it must be guarded. My spirit companions are getting restless and I feel a strange and dark presence watching this place, I will conduct a quiet investigation. 

As Nathaniel closed the tome he looked around to make sure no one was watching and entered the old farm, then he took the goblin skull from it's pouch.
Nathaniel concentrated and said "Onthorn and Elitan Glimerlight please go and start the investigation, Kizerbane and Forgar Stormspear please go and find us a place to make a home/library/lab, and where did Kane Jerrod go?"  Elitan spoke up "He went to the human temple to meditate." "WHEN IS HE NOT MEDITATING!" said Kizerbane in his normal angry tone. Onthorn shrugged and moved off to do her job. Forgar looked grim "We need to help the spirits of this place to rest for something prevents them." "Agreed I'll talk to Ibruk about making a tomb/mausoleum for those that fought and died protecting Nomekast." said Nathaniel. 

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:38:27 pm by Zorrin_Drake »

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 18, 2012, 06:11:13 pm »

Late Opal 678

The merchants from the Kingdom of the Grizzly Vessel left late in Opal, their donkeys saddled with all sorts of trinkets that the refugees to Nomekast had brought with them and traded for cases of drinks, plants, meats, other trinkets, even books, and more. With their departure life returned to its usual routines. Work continued at quick pace on the surface compound's towers. And a second attempted infect Goblin ambush was thwarted by the crossbow squad. It seemed that the usual vast hordes of Nothing had been replaced - for now at least - by small Goblin squads.

Spoiler: Goblin squad routed (click to show/hide)

In hopes of keeping morale up, Stronghammer had decided to commission a memorial for those fallen. The base was made from silver - of which the fort had an over-abundance and topped with a fine gold statue of the goddess Atir Purplemines - who as goddess of jewels was also associated with healing and resurgence - cradling a dying soldier. It stood not far from the temple and was on the path between the dormitories and the meeting hall, ensuring it would always be seen.

Spoiler: Memorial (click to show/hide)

A council had also been set up consisting of Derm, Tarran, Meinhard and Rovod. They were task with reorganising the militia into a true military force, a task they took to with gusto, soon presenting their plans. Tarran and Rovod, as the two most experienced soldiers in the fort would be joint Militia Commanders. Tarran would command the newly-formed 'Copper Suns' which would consist of himself, Melagius, Bax, Juggernaut, Derm, John Lock, Rashem, Dohon, Katana and Kuro. Furthermore, a second squad, the 'Copper Crafts' would be formed as an auxiliary under Neo - who had demonstrated that the spirit had been a good soldier in a past life - consisting of Neo, Eldrich, Justice and Thud. A crossbow squad, the 'Arrows of Leading' would be formed under Rovod, consisting of him, Doc. Steve, Rar, BranRhi, Reno, Jessica and Konith. Meanwhile Kadzar - as the last of the Temple warrior-priests - had taken the 'Fountains of Faith' as the military designation for what he hoped would again be a full holy squad. With both Reg and Stronghammer's insistence, Sandra, Loral Treesinger, Fori, and Xenos were removed from active service, owing to their condition and relocated to less dangerous pursuits. Armour was also standardised - with the exception of Justice who refused to touch metalwork - and work was to soon begin on converting the abandoned Thieves' Guild headquarters into a proper barracks.

4th Obsidian 678 - Evening

They met for the first time in the new, recently furnished meeting room of the Alliance for Dwarven Survival's headquarters. Brosso, self-styled 'the Magnificent', leaned back in one of the silver chairs, puffing happily on a cigar. He blew a great cloud of dark smoke up towards the smooth ceiling. "Yes. I think some statues, some suits of armour, silken tapestries of course. It will all be fit for a king when it's finished. Maybe we can even convince Felix to engrave the floors? Maybe even the walls! Ah, you should have seen the great trade rooms we had in the northern forts. Artwork so intricate you could see the same engraving for ten years and still discover new details!" The Dwarf was grinning most happily into his beard. He took another drag of his cigar and blew a ring of smoke out, then sobered up, his voice slightly more downcast. "All gone now, of course." He blew another great waft of smoke, then cracked a smile again. "Still, the least we can do is preserve true civilisation here."

"You're certainly in good cheer," Reg remarked, his face - as it usually was in these increasingly stressful times - neutral.

Brosso gave a deep laugh. "And why not? The Iron Guard tell me eight bugbats have been caught in the cage traps on the Fiery Cistern just these past two weeks. Eight! A small but good start for the circus, I dare say! Or maybe even the arena! Can you believe that Elf-love Derm wanted to go see if there was a nest nearby and furret them out? Let them come I say, there's space for them in Brosso the Magnificent's Circus!"

"I don't mean to crush your good news, Brosso, but we have other concerns to deal with before we can celebrate your growing repertoire," Stronghammer interrupted. "I wanted to get you two's advice on a police force for Nomekast. With the Thieves' Guild still out there, we need to be defended."

"Do we really need yet another group? Between the new militia squads, the Iron Guard, the Jagers, the Elf zealots, Ibruk's little community, the Thieves' Guild and everything, I'm starting to lose count. Isn't policing what Derm is for as the Sheriff?" Reg asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Pah, that tree-lover couldn't police a kiddy-forge. That is what the Iron Guard is for, Stronghammer, my good fellow," Brosso interjected, letting loose a cloud of smoke.

"The Iron Guard isn't very...popular amongst non-Dwarves. The elections for Mayor are coming up in less than a month and it would be best not to antagonise people, especially in such tense times as these. With respect to Derm, he is not the most unbiased Dwarf, and so a police force headed by him would be the easiest way to-"

"What? Give him more power? Have you gone completely Goblin in the head? We're talking about a Dwarf who allowed a Troll to stay here. A Troll for Id's sakes! I can tolerate Humans, Goblins, even Elves when they contribute to society and conform to proper culture, but Trolls? Trolls!?"

"Yes, thank you Brosso. What I am trying to say is that this is to keep him in check as much as anything. With trustworthy people there we can avoid another theft like the one we suffered several months ago, and keep an eye on Derm. Is that more to your liking?"

there was silence for a few seconds before Reg spoe up, "Just be careful, Stronghammer. A multitude of groups with differing loyalties all over the place is rarely good for a fort."

Obsidian 678

The compound towers were finally finished by early Obsidian. The community had worked feverishly on them, trying to make sure they were finished before the Nothing could return, and that had paid off. Increasingly, Nomekast was abandoning the attempt to hide, and moving towards a more structured management of the threat facing them.

Spoiler: Compound towers (click to show/hide)

Elsewhere, Bounce had completed her greatest accomplishment yet: an estimate of Nomekast's wealth. To everyone' surprise, she declared the community far richer than expected, with almost a million in wealth.On close inspection though, a third of that was from what people had brought with them while most of the rest came from estimates of the wealth of artifacts.

Spoiler: Nomekast's wealth (click to show/hide)

Nathaniel Stormwind had dug out two small rooms for himself besides the Human temple where he set up a library of sorts and private quarters for himself.

Spoiler: Nathaniel's library (click to show/hide)

With the surface mostly peaceful, the community scoured the valley, collecting stray bolts, weapons, pieces of armour, and various goods dropped from fleeing traders. Skeletons were also found by the dozens and it was Nathaniel who convinced Ibruk, who in turn convinced Stronghammer, to carve out a separate mausoleum in the cemetery where these people could be laid to rest, despite the community having no knowledge of who they had been in life. This had already proved a good thing when the two ghosts that haunted the meeting area faded away, finally at rest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The new dining-area was finally finished and completely furnished.

Spoiler: New dining-area (click to show/hide)

With Ugo's advice, Juggernaut, Meinhard and the Jagers had set up hidden cage traps primed for Nothings or infected Goblins around a part of the compound that most Goblin ambushes seemed to cross on their way to the front of the fortress. With luck they would catch some that could be safely stored somewhere while they began work on digging out the new laboratory.

Spoiler: Cage traps (click to show/hide)

The old laboratory, meanwhile, had been reopened and refurnished after the place had been thoroughly cleansed and even blessed by Ibruk. New security precautions were taken though, as every door had been replaced by a large lead one, and cage traps lined every way out, as well as the exit to the Nothing pens.

Spoiler: Lab reopened (click to show/hide)

While in a slightly controversial move, Stronghammer had brought in work sheets for every profession. From now on, everyone had to sign in and out of workshops, so that the newly-formed police under the Sheriff Derm could keep track of who was where and when, should the Thieves' Guild strike again.

28th Obsidian 678 - New Year's Eve

For the past three months Nomekast had been at almost complete peace. The only danger from the surface came from occasional infected Goblin ambushes; the Nothing hordes seemed to have withdrawn for the while. The New Year's Feast was therefore to be quite a joyful one. A way of releasing the stress and tensions of the tumultuous past year. Dwarf danced with Elf, Goblin danced with Human, Thud had ingratiated himself well with the children by letting them ride him, and alcohol ran like a stream. However as the community feasted, drank, danced and sang their way into year 679 to the sound of lively tunes from Jessica von Sachsen's violin or several of the instruments that William de Mont-Saevo had made since his arrival, amongst others, there was a sense that this could not last forever. And indeed soon, sounds from the caverns and a garbled warning from a ruffled young Elven couple that had eloped to the lighthouse jolted the community back into the reality of its situation.

The layout of Nomekast as of 1st Granite 679
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:21:07 pm by Aequor »
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 18, 2012, 11:35:52 pm »

Sign me up:

Name: Neotemplar
Preferred Species: Goblin
your Gender: Doesn't matter
your Profession:Bee Keeper
your Personality: Is obsessed with making things out of wax and building massive bee colonies, He/she thinks that Goblins are a type of bee and is actively seeking out a Queen Bee to serve
Extra Info: If drafted into the military, Neotemplar will prefer to use a ranged weapon.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 18, 2012, 11:47:03 pm »

New Years Eve, a bit before the invasion and forgotten beast

No one'd notice that he'd been drinking a bit too heavily now, he supposed, maybe make a drinking game out of it since the stress and mourning is over with.

His parents were killed in front of him, one shot.  Town burned to the ground.  Two.  He lost everything he gave a damn about inside that town.  Three.  He would of gone onto a fourth, but at this point he heard the reports of the sounds coming from the cavern.  He supposed that he should probably go off to find a kennel in case they come back with anything...just in case.  He waited for Jack to finish the scraps he was given, stepped out from the table and began to try to walk out as least noticed as possible.

(a quick request, if possible can a War Dog be assigned to Weiss, for the sake of him having a Jack that wasn't just for RP?)

Zorrin_Drake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 19, 2012, 12:55:39 pm »

"NATHANIEL!" called Forgar. "Yeah I know, get Onthorn to locate the necromantic abomination and have Elitan and Kane get the shield wards ready!" Nathaniel looked at Kizerbane and Forgar "You ready for war?" Forgar nodding said nothing and Kizerbane only grinned.
Nathaniel Stormwind fastened his dark hooded cloak and a black mask to his face. Nathaniel turned to his companions and said "We haft to stay out of sight of the solders of Nomekast, we do not want to revel that I am a necromancer untill we gain their trust." Elitan nodding said "We understand."
Nathaniel stealthily existed looked and warded his home. With great skill he stealthily existed Nomekast to the depths where Onthorn waited. "Found it?" Onthorn looked up "Not yet Zorn Stormfang" Nathaniel raised an eyebrow "So we're going back to that huh?"
"HEHEHE, YES. THE DARK MASTERS KNOW YOU AS ZORN, SO TO 'PROTECT' YOUR SOUL YOU TOOK THAT NAME." chuckled Kizerbane in a low wispier "I THOUGHT THAT WE WENT OVER THIS A LONG TIME AGO."
"Lets just hope there aren't any shadow demons"(nothing) Nathaniel readied his scepter and necromantic focus(the goblin skull) and waited.

While waiting Nathaniel Stormwind starts to doodle:
A private work shop near his home (stone and bone craft)
Off his private quarters is a sort hall to a room the size of his library
In this room is an alter to the gods in the center and a necromantic alter and a necromantic alchemy table in a alcove (the hall has 3 floodgates with a leaver each to guard the alter room)(necromantic alchemy table will be made from Blood thorns and the necromantic alter made from Nether caps if possible)
Off the alter room are 5 small shrine rooms:
shrine to the Elven hero Elitan Glimerlight and an alter to the Elven Spirit of War(Door to room is made of wood with an elven holy symbol on it)
shrine to Onthorn the Kobold spy master and an alter to the Kobold Ascended Ones (Trapped wood door with kobold symbol on it)
shrine to the monk Kane Jerrod and an alter to the Human god balance (Iron door with a ying yang on it)
shrine to the Dwarven Paladin Forgar Stormspear and an alter to Id the 'Stonefather' (Stone door encrusted with gems in the pattern of Id's holy symbol) 
shrine to Kizerbane Goblin High Priest to Armok and Necromancer Archmage and an alter to Armok God of Blood (Steel floodgate with bands of platinum and encrusted with gems in the pattern of Armok's holy symbol)

{OOC: Nathaniel Stormwind's plan is to 1: stay out of sight of the solders of Nomekast
                                                     2: stay at long rang and snipe the monsters
                                                     3: his main target is the necromantic abomination (forgotten beast)
                                                     4: rescue solders while staying incognito 
                                                     5: run when out of ammo
Nathaniel will only attack if the military does
Nathaniel will refer to the nothing as 'Shadow Demons' from now on.} 

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:34:38 pm by Zorrin_Drake »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 21, 2012, 12:55:02 am »

Journal: It would seem that work outside has come to a close. Im glad the work was done quickly and safely and that we lost no one in the work. Also the police force and sign in sheets seem to be setup and in order. Hopefully people will understand that it is for their safety. The new year festival will definitely relieve tensions for our not so little community. Thank the gods. By my beard, a most interesting turn of events has occurred. It would seem that bounce has determined that we are quite wealthy. This is great news for us as it will draw more trade to us in these dark times. However it will also likely bring more enemies, which we seem to have no shortage of. Well since things are going so well, I will have to look into the construction of a statue garden for the people. I want to create a place of peace and quite far from the industry and people and fighting, so that everyone will have a place to think and relax. Well it would seem that another forgotten beast has arrived while writing. We will have to send every squad we have so that there is less chance or time for injuries in the fight. However I will keep back the Iron Guard to defend as well as the police force as they are tasked with other things in the community. Well journal I rest my hope on our troops being victorious.

Hmm it would seem journal that just as I was about to see to events, my mind wandered. It does that now from time to time, what will all the stress of protecting and leading the community. I welcome the stress and challenge of leading the community as I am most happy with it. However I must look into creating my own Clan/Guild here. Everyone is so busy doing this and that for themselves, yet so few do things for the community. It was, when thinking on that, that I noticed that I have done nothing for me. I have created everything with the purpose of helping and serving the community. It seems time that i create something for myself. I must create a Clan to continue on my ideas, and who think similarly to me. We already have a church (multiple), many different war parties, a lab, a thieves guild, and many many other little organizations. Yet we have yet to have a true Dwarven Clan. Therefore I must pursue this agenda of mine, of course when not busy with helping the community. That way I have something just for me that I can take pride and love in. Well journal, that is enough distraction for now, I must watch over the defense. Even if I am confident in the outcome.

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 22, 2012, 07:42:10 pm »

neotemplar - Sure thing! We've only got females free at the moment, so you've got a female goblin. Bio's up on the first post.

empfan - Certainly, but there's only one dog at the moment, owned by some random npc dwarf. The moment there's one free, either from another owner's death or from trading I'll assign one to Weiss.

1st Granite 679 - Dawn

"All right people," came Derm's voice, "We've got a Forgotten Beast on the home level and an infected Goblin army on our doorsteps. What are our plans?"

Presently the community leadership in the form of the Sheriff Derm, the Mayor Stronghammer, the head of the defences Fori, and the militia squad leaders Tarran, Rovod, Neo, Meinhard and Kadzar were reunited around the stone table in Stronghammer's office, looking over the latest map of Nomekast.

"Kill dem?" Meinhard suggested, bearing a toothy grin.

"Probably not a good idea to face them heads on," Tarran muttered, "didn't exactly work out too well last time."

"Let's think logically here. We've spent the past three months building defensive structures to use for such an occasion," Neo pointed out.

Fori nodded at this. "The compound towers are perfect for this. Working with Ugo Sosleng in the labs one thing I noticed is that the Nothing - and so I imagine Nothing-infected Goblins - will just make a beeline for the nearest living person. If we open the drawbridges to draw them into the compound-"

"-and then slam the drawbridges shut and shoot them down from the towers! Brilliant!" Rovod completed, slamming a fist into his hand emphatically. "There's no way to reach the towers except from inside, we'd be perfectly safe to reign death down onto them!"

"It's only a small force, we might just be able to draw them into the trapped corridor and wipe them out like that, that'd save us a lot of bolts." Kadzar stated.

"Dwarf has a point," Tarran said, "No sense in taking unnecessary risks at this stage. If we send them through the trap corridor then the few that get through the traps and ballistas will be easy picking for the militia."

"So we're agreed. Now what about this Forgotten Beast? By the sounds of it its towards the west, in the Spider Mazes," Stronghammer asked.

"We haven't set up any defences there. Hate to say it, but the best course might just be moving out and taking the thing out before moving on to wipe out the Goblins on the surface." Tarran said.

"If we keep the Iron Guard and police back, we can have a force to defend the place should the beast loop around the militia and move in." This was met with agreement and the militia leaders moved out to draw up their squads and head out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Copper Suns, Copper Crafts, Arrows of Leading, Jagers, and Fountains of Faith met at the drawbridge leading out to the rest of the cavern level. Fully-armoured and bearing recently-sharpened weapons - save naturally for hammers and maces - they draw up into lines, every inch a much more professional force than three months ago.

It was Tarran who spoke first. "Ok, now from here on complete silence unless you spot the beast or some other danger. We don't want it to hear us and start stalking us or whatever, got it?" There was a collective nod and the militia moved out, weapons ready. Unseen to them, Nathaniel Stormwind, sceptre at the ready, stole behind them, keeping to the shadows.

The first level of the caverns - colloquially called the 'Home Levels' were for the best part safe. The most dangerous part were the 'Spider Mazes' to the west of the fort, where giant cave spiders often roamed and had in the past killed inhabitants. Aside from that there were only cave crocodiles in the water to look out for, or the occasional giant toad, nothing really dangerous. Thus the militia safely moved out, reaching the area where Okag, throwing itself once against the walls of the community before disappearing, had announced itself.

Okag was not far from there, lurking in the water. With a deafening roar the shelled blob burst up, only to be met with a full volley of bolts into its soft body followed by another shot to the side by the unseen Nathaniel who had hidden himself to the side, behind a pillar of stone. With a cry Juggernaut - as usual - flew forward, battle-axe singing through the air. Behind him followed Thud, the Troll barrelling into the side of Okag and knocking it down. The rest of the militia followed soon, piling onto the beast.

Spoiler: Okag submerged (click to show/hide)

Unable to do anything while it was pierced, smashed, slashed, and stabbed on all sides, Okag let out one roar before John Lock sent his sword into its side, silencing it forever. The militia stood back, breathing heavily and catching their breath.

"That was almost too easy. I don't like it,"  Bax commented, wiping his dagger clean of the vomit-substance that Okag was made of.

"I wouldn't worry, you might get your chance with the Goblins," Rashem replied as they began to trudge back.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Morning

By the time the militia reached the trap corridor the Urist Imiknorris and Bayar had already prepared the ballistas and the sun had risen, flooding the valley with light. They didn't waste time, simply lowering the drawbridge and sending a Kobold up to the lighthouse to keep watch and inform them on the siege force's movements. Fori had apparently been right, as as soon as the drawbridge was lifted, the Goblin force moved towards the corridor, almost as if by magic.

After fifteen minutes wait or so, the Kobold scout came back with news of the Goblins descending into the corridor. Bayar and Urist prepared their ballistas and the militia prepared their weapons.

They saw the infected Goblin force arrive at the end of the corridor, moving steadily forward, armed with scourges and lashes, their ostensible leader riding on a large rutherer. The Goblins advanced - and fell straight into the cage traps.

Apparently unperturbed, several of them advanced further, and soon stone traps were dropping large boulders down onto them. Urist and Bayar began to fire, and large deadly ballista bolts flew forward into the mass. Once the chaos had died down the militia charged forward, Juggernaut, as usual, at the head of them.

It was a short battle. The Goblins, already weakened by the trap and having lost a third of their force to the cage traps, were soon crushed, with only Justice receiving one cut on his finger as the only wound they all had to show.

The first siege of Nomekast had finished, and floundered almost spectacularly and it was uplifted that everyone got back to work. A blacksmith had suddenly been struck with strange inspiration and silently claimed a magma forge.

The Nothing-infected Goblins were moved into the secure pens in Ugo's laboratory, ready for experimenting.

While in the realm of politics Stronghammer Fireforge's term as Mayor was soon to end, and campaigning would now begin, with voting at the end of the month.

Election time again! For those of you who don't know, here's how it works; if you want to be Mayor, nominate yourself as thus. Everyone gets a vote, just post or pm me to who you want your vote to go. Mayor candidates feel free to campaign, give speeches, promise things, all that. Needless to say if this fails spectacularly and no one votes, I'll just take it as Stronghammer being voted back in unopposed. :P
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 23, 2012, 02:36:36 am »

Laboratory Log
Ugo Sosleng

Quite an eventful new year. An extremely scientifically implausible forgotten beast and a squad of infected goblins
out in the open. As I understand both were dispatched quickly and efficiently. Most excellent. Even better, I now have
seven new subjects. Still living nothing-infected goblins. Finally I can begin to glean their secrets.

To Do:
- Study infected goblins
- Gather samples from the forgotten beast (Emaciated vomit? Seriously? How does that work!?)
- Continue to monitor all wounds caused by Nothing
- Come up with a more scientific name than Nothing
- When time is available, continue work on project

PS: I hear mayoral elections are coming up soon. I don't particularly care who is in charge as long as they leave me to my work.

MrGrau

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 23, 2012, 06:35:58 am »

Journal of Grau
Once again the military of Nomekast excels. They had even managed to take a few captives for Ugo's laboratory!
But something that is possibly even more important than those research subjects is coming up soon. Elections! I'm not one for politics myself, but I may be able to convince Ugo to partake in the election...
This signature was EDITed for tpyos.

Zorrin_Drake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 24, 2012, 12:13:58 am »

From the journal of Nathaniel Stormwind:
                                                             Tales from the Void
                                                            Chapter 3 Settling In

With the necromantic abomination destroyed, I waited for the solders to leave for the enemy army at the surface. I approached the abomination and took a sample of its shell and the vomit-substance it was made of. Reflecting it was a good thing I was there. I may not have done a lot of damage to the thing, but necromantic creatures require a stable nexus of power, and a well placed disruption bolt will do wonders to weaken it.
As I rest in the safety of my home I ponder. What will come next more abominations? More shadow demons? Or something worse?
What ever comes I must prepare, so I will start work on my sanctum.
I hear that mayoral elections are coming up. I will see who is running, find out more about them and vote for who I think is best.

As Nathaniel closed the tome he looked at his spirit companions. "Well that went better then expected." Nathaniel turned to Elitan Glimerlight and Forgar Stormspear "Forgar keep an eye on Kizerbane and things in our home. Elitan come with me." Forgar nodded "Got it"

"Nathaniel what are we doing?" asked Elitan. Nathaniel looked at her and said "I'm going to perform a normal mass at the Human temple, then I will go pray at the Elven shrine and Dwarven temple" "Then I'll get to work on the sanctum" looking at the blueprint he made while waiting for the military to mobilizes to kill Okag.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 12:23:07 am by Zorrin_Drake »

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 28, 2012, 12:32:27 pm »

GAH.
I want to stay in this effing story, but I don't want to just make a whole new character.
FRACKING FACK.
Can't we just re-human an already existing guy and pretend I came back from the dead or something?
If not then...
Quote from: GoombaGeek
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

Zorrin_Drake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 29, 2012, 01:17:09 am »

I want to stay in this effing story, but I don't want to just make a whole new character.

Well, my character is a necromancer so your character could meet him.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 29, 2012, 10:14:03 am »

So I come back from a week of vacation (with no internet) and find that not only have I missed my character's introduction, but I also missed two more updates on top of that. I'm glad the topic is alive again, but still. Very well then, journal time.

Everyding is so exciting here. Some people tink I am a bad person but other people tink I am good. I like dose people. Some more people came after I did but dey didn't stay. Did the miss dere mommies? Some tastys came but I couldn't eat dem. I get to go out to fight da tastys now! I will eat dem instead. I will be a legendary biter! A blob made of vomit came and everyone got scared. It is only vomit, it can't hurt you. People killed da vomit but vomit is already dead. SHINY ROCKS

OOC: I can't do this accent anymore. I think I will have Thud learn how to say "th". I had no idea how to go about packing everything that has happened into one entry. Did I miss anything?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 76