Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232659 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

For all who are interested here is a modefied version of dwarf fortress genesis, that changes the game into orc fortress, the orcs are the main playable race now. this is not just the visuals but also most names, and certain workshop items etc. The is currently version 0.9, this means that most things are working, only certain things in the naming is not correctly done yet.

Download

For any suggestions, just pm me.

Credits go mostly towards Deon and toady for creating dwarf fortress and the genesis mod.

I see you've changed the EXE icon, but you'd better check the error log :).

Now it has
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/entity_orcs - kopie.txt"
ORCS:Unrecognized Entity Token: civ_CONTROLLABLE

I guess the COPY file should not be there? also, it's CIV_CONTROLLABLE.

P.S. This file is not loaded though, because the first line is different from the file name, but better remove it to stop confusing people with error logs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dimosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, thanks for that, forgot to take it out. it are coppy's of the original files :)
For the latest orc fortress got to http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4529
All tips and suggestions are welcome!

dimosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and i probs change the icon back i people experience problems with it

LordRuin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm running Windows XP. I've figured out the problem. Its with the music. If one deletes the music files it won't cashe your
computer into a reboot.

LordRuin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

For all who are interested here is a modefied version of dwarf fortress genesis, that changes the game into orc fortress, the orcs are the main playable race now. this is not just the visuals but also most names, and certain workshop items etc. The is currently version 0.9, this means that most things are working, only certain things in the naming is not correctly done yet.

Features
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Changelog

Download

Credits go mostly towards Deon, TomiTapio and toady for creating dwarf fortress and the genesis mod.

Edited

That sounds AWESOME. Would you think, perhaps, at one point their could be a ingame option that would allow you to pick if
you would like to either be orcs, or dwarves?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 06:29:02 am by LordRuin »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Upon checking the wiki, isn't it lacking in the info department, specifically the Expanded bestiary section?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I've run into a difficulty that I haven't found, before, in the Mod.

Each game I've played with the latest version has been prolific with sieges (I'm talking about 7+ invasions during the first few months of the turn of the first year).  I beat them back with an alternate series of traps and meat dwarshields, but then the "difficulty" shows up...

My siege flag doesn't go away.  Ever.  All invaders are dead, their items are being happily divided up amongst the rest of the dwarfs, I have the only path into my fortress open for months, and there's no listing of "invader" under the unit list.  I've even downloaded Runesmith to check the amount of creatures currently in my region that might be hidden, and there's nothing that would indicate an invader is still hanging about.

I'm caught in endless sieges of nothing.  No caravans.  No migrants (darn freeloaders, anyway).  Nothing.

Doesn't even help when new invasions show up, get killed, or just pack up and leave.  I'm always in the middle of some non-existent siege.

Anyone had this creep up on them?  More importantly, anyone have a work around?

dimosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Features

Changelog

Download

Credits go mostly towards Deon, TomiTapio and toady for creating dwarf fortress and the genesis mod.

Edited

That sounds AWESOME. Would you think, perhaps, at one point their could be a ingame option that would allow you to pick if
you would like to either be orcs, or dwarves?

It is possible, but in the civ selection screen you cant see if you chose dwarves or orcs. Also requires me the make the new dwarf race ( previously know as orcs ) more advanced, this requires some work. if i ever decide to add this feature i want to change the civ selection screen that is shows the name and the race of the civ, and i will probs add more as just orcs and dwarfs. Currenlt i'm first trying to perfect the orc race so that it makes sense in a matter of speaking. After that i will look into the option for multiple races to play with.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 09:23:58 am by dimosa »

dimosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently version 0.93 is online, if everything is in order the next version will be 1.0, I've now changed how the normal orc civilizations chose there starting sites, so they wont build in mountains anymore and that the outdoor seeds will be available from the embark screen.

Also will i be editing weapon restrictions etc, at least looking in to it, so that a orc doesn't use a short sword but a katana instead. and that a warhammer is considered a 2h weapon same for bows and Xbows. this may currently be not the case in dwarf fortress but u are guite the man if you can wield a crossbow and a shield at the same time. Not sure about bows yet, maybe i'll add bows that have a shield attached to them.

This will all be added in the 1.0 release.

Until that time this is what you get.

When that is done, and i have the time i will look into a option to make all mayor races as a playable race. But if i decide to do this it will take several weeks at least before i get out a single working version
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:14:49 am by dimosa »

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

You know you have truly made a good mod when people start making mods of your mod.  Keep up the good Deon and Thank You.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Due to the sheer amount of awesome this mod pumps through my dwarven blood, I shall endorse this mod in my sig.

Guys, You have made me proud. *salute*
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Thanks guys! I do have made a lot of tunings to Deon's mod! I have no idea how many people are enjoying my new minerals and trees. Hope to get them approved into Deon's release. I'd rather not be a spin-off release but a major contributor. (I guesstimate there are 350 Genesis players give or take a hundred)

Upon checking the wiki, isn't it lacking in the info department, specifically the Expanded bestiary section?
Yep, it's very sparse on the info. But so is the vanilla DF creatures (soon to have 120 more creatures and their giant and -man variants) , where the main documentation is "the raws are on the wiki for you to read".

Anyone can help, such as making a chart/spreadsheet of creature name, bodytype, speed, size (can vary by caste), description, pet, trainable, usefulness, its attacks, and how dangerous they are. And then someone who has writing rights on the genesis wiki can paste that chart there. I estimate two minutes per creature, around 200 minutes of work.

Each game I've played with the latest version has been prolific with sieges (I'm talking about 7+ invasions during the first few months of the turn of the first year).  I beat them back with an alternate
My siege flag doesn't go away.  Ever.  All invaders are dead, their items are being happily divided up amongst the rest of the dwarfs, I have the only path into my fortress open for months, and there's
Seven in first winter! Whoa! How do you get your wealth and population super high in the first year? I don't think I've ever had a "constant siege" problem. (Did you mean seven combat-groups of hostiles?)
Try setting pile of nobbs as hunters, to wander around the map and meet-n-greet possible stealthers.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:34:00 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

after a long thinking (about a year's worth) i decided to check it out.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

after a long thinking (about a year's worth) i decided to check it out.
Thanks man. Corridor of traps, or glorious hand-to-hand battle against the invading Kingdoms of Evil.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ran the game.. still can't believe the micromanagment required.

embark..nice.

ooh! i got my first red steel bar! what now? SWORDS!

....pwnd by werevolves. this was FUN!
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 642