Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232563 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

That reaction needs 2 iron (made by hammering at the finishing forge) and 1 pig iron and 1 coal. Also check that the ingredients are within 15-30 squares (I guess) of the workshop.
Perhaps... first convert all your coarse iron into iron, and then convert a third of your iron into pig iron.

Reminder for those new to Genesis: http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/metals
Come to think of it, I haven't made any Mithril bars ever. (Nor raised a bridge)
Requires aluminum and brimstone at alchemy shop. (mods brimstone to appear in realgar and cinnabar, 'cause minerals database said so)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:07:48 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

actually, i have 5 iron bars, 3 coarse iron bars, 3 pig iron bars, on a pile right next to the workshop. not to mention about 20 charcoal bars.

edit: forget it, i just struck flux. (marble)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

My above ground fortress just got destroyed by a goblin ambush and while browsing through legends I found this:
Bridgedtwinkled the Walled Grotto of Silkiness was a white lion who worshiped a god...
Are tame animals supposed to worship the gods of their civ?

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it normal that warrior princess is male and a king is female?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:08:07 am by Kicior »
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Something balanced like steel dwarves and jade dwarves.

In short, add a powerful caste, a medical caste, a smart caste, and an ordinary yet tough caste. From there, you can add whatever caste you want like the fly-so-high mushie dwarf type and the brooding gloomy emo type. And dhampirs.

I'd like to add more to these ideas, Dimosa:

Zen Orc - Blind orc with great skills in combat. (blindness means that they don't run away, because they can't see.)
Shadow Orc - Skilled orc with ninja like abilities. (speed, dodging, you choose.)
Demon Orc - Basically a copy of steel dwarves, except that they bleed red demon goo.
Blood Orc - Hematophagic orcs that don't require sleep and don't get stunned.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, I've updated the first post with the new TomiTapio's version.

Dimosa: I think that mixing chinese and japanese culture is a bad idea. They are very different and just don't blend together. But it's your mod :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Okay, I've updated the first post with the new TomiTapio's version.

Dimosa: I think that mixing chinese and japanese culture is a bad idea. They are very different and just don't blend together. But it's your mod :P.

Just a small bit of chinese objects would work, making the thing half and half (50% china and japan) would kill it. However, many things in japan originated from china, like the Go board game and noodles.

Adding a bit of chinese weaponry, and maybe bamboo fireworks should be enough.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

weaponry? are you kidding me? the japanese swords (NOT KATANAS(there are many different types of japanese swords)! THEY  WERE (and still are) A MARK OF CONSIDERABLE STATUS!) (check this for more info)
are just WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than chinese ones (LIKE DAO, JIAN AND STUFF!) (check this for more info)

about the fireworks: nice idea, but in DF?

also, chess tables (you could also add Go and Shogi tables) should (if possible) be used to make a meeting-hall/sculpture garden like object. yes, that means that they should be made into furniture. but this is just a suggestion, mind.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it normal that red steel morningstar of heavens is deflected by a red steel breastplate but a kick can get through it and jam rib through heart? And why morningstar doesn't cause bleeding?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:19:11 am by Kicior »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Is it normal that red steel morningstar of heavens is deflected by a red steel breastplate but a kick can get through it and jam rib through heart? And why morningstar doesn't cause bleeding?
punches and kicks are too powerful now, said Toady in one DF talk. Were you perchance a steel dwarf?
MofHeavens has
[ATTACK:BLUNT:60000:50000:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:20000]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:1000:2000:strike:strikes:pommel:1000]
and apparently it would need a smaller impact area, thanks for testing it.

Apparently    [POSITION:PRINCE]
   [NAME:warrior princess:warrior princesses]
   [GENDER:FEMALE]
doesn't obey then gender tag, then. Not a biggie.

For that Japanese flavour, check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashigaru
Iron hat, go!

Keric: bracket or parenthesis? >:^]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:47:25 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Were you perchance a steel dwarf?
Both dwarfs were stone dwarfs.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

weaponry? are you kidding me? the japanese swords (NOT KATANAS(there are many different types of japanese swords)! THEY  WERE (and still are) A MARK OF CONSIDERABLE STATUS!) (check this for more info)
are just WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than chinese ones (LIKE DAO, JIAN AND STUFF!) (check this for more info)

about the fireworks: nice idea, but in DF?

also, chess tables (you could also add Go and Shogi tables) should (if possible) be used to make a meeting-hall/sculpture garden like object. yes, that means that they should be made into furniture. but this is just a suggestion, mind.

As for me, the idea only struck me because naginatas are very slim and not orc-y. Something like a Ji (chinese version of the pike) or anything big seems better for them. As for the swords, quite frankly, I prefer the japanese ones (zanbato, anyone?) because they seem sleeker and cooler in appearance, and they are more practical than the chinese ones (those weapons have martial arts in mind, the japanese weapons seem more user friendly).

I dunno where my fireworks idea came from.

And I dunno, maybe a monk caste that can give chi strikes to their opponent. (paralysis, ice, fire or something similar.)

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NAIL_TEMPLATE doesn't have HEALING RATE - does it mean that smashed nails will never heal?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Apparently    [POSITION:PRINCE]
   [NAME:warrior princess:warrior princesses]
   [GENDER:FEMALE]
doesn't obey then gender tag, then. Not a biggie.
For future reference the gender and caste limits you can put on a tag only work during fortress mode.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

dimosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like the suggestions i get so far. I wasn't really planning on adding Chinese stuff to the orcs, and changing thier style to a bit more paganism, so a comby of Japanese culture and paganism ( shamans etc )

And i really like the zen orc, though i think i'm going to give it different stats, like extremely good at medical skills and psychiatry. becouse they are not bound what the eyes see. but what they can feel and the spirits tell them.

I will also look into the monks, i think i'll give them some sort of magic, but give them extremely good stats for melee combat.

Also i decided to change the chief medical orc rank to Witch doctor
and the psychiatrist to shaman.

as i want to give them a more spiritual heritage.

Still looking for a way to make them depressed when underground for too long. ;D

so far i like everybody's ideas, keep it up and i'll make this one hell of a mod  :P

For the latest orc fortress got to http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4529
All tips and suggestions are welcome!
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 642