Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231428 times)

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5880 on: March 31, 2011, 11:45:06 am »

That is an excellent choice sir, Genesis is all sorts of awesome :D
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: March 31, 2011, 11:49:39 am »

Screw it, im bored, have a lot of time right now, and this looks badass. Hello older version, and hello Genesis.

Prepare to be blown away, and beware of the wild turkeys :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: March 31, 2011, 12:02:50 pm »

Screw it, im bored, have a lot of time right now, and this looks badass. Hello older version, and hello Genesis.

Why don't you use Tomi's .25 version? It's not released by me but it's better than 3.14a4 because it's updated and has his fixes :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: March 31, 2011, 12:03:39 pm »

huh waddaya know got a ton of armor skill just beacause i had "found" (slaughtered the village who had the shop) an sun gold helmet and then stumbled into 2 forest spiders they really only go for the head dont they?.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: March 31, 2011, 12:14:29 pm »

Ahaha, you've found a way to abuse paralyzing enemies, I've found it some time ago too. Basically AI aims for the head whenever a creature is incapacitated (knocked out/passed out/sleeping/unconscious/webbed/paralyzed).

Yeah, helmets are the best thing in such situation :P. Although I reduce their blocking chance in the new version, so you would die in such situation.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: March 31, 2011, 02:25:10 pm »

Ahaha, you've found a way to abuse paralyzing enemies, I've found it some time ago too. Basically AI aims for the head whenever a creature is incapacitated (knocked out/passed out/sleeping/unconscious/webbed/paralyzed).
Always? Even with great helmet? It sounds like bug.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: March 31, 2011, 02:49:20 pm »

Why don't you use Tomi's .25 version? It's not released by me but it's better than 3.14a4 because it's updated and has his fixes :P.

Er, what? Where? I didnt see that anywhere....
EDIT: Nevermind, I see it.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5887 on: March 31, 2011, 03:40:13 pm »

Here's the easy-to-use version, where the tuned raws and .25 exe are already placed for you. (songs removed, they're large and everyone has them from previous installs)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/deons%20genesis%203.19a4%20Ironhand%20plus25.zip
(7.1 MB zip) It's Genesis .19a4 plus the vanilla changes and my .20 - .25 tunings, plus the .25 executable.
No new civs or new-vanilla-creature graphics, but it's .25 compatible. And ore frequencies & learning rates slightly boosted.

Edit: damn, pet ice mephit made one migrant Potter get encased in ice! He was standing in 1-high water at recently-made reservoirs... Tantrums from tigerman killing two.
It seems ice mephits can be used to Generate Water! Bastards keep surrounding themselves with ice walls using the 1-high water.
So: ice mephit + water in meetingarea-zone = Fun. Miner digs them out, and perhaps gets iced.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:18:38 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: March 31, 2011, 03:49:01 pm »

Here's the easy-to-use version, where the tuned raws and .25 exe are already placed for you. (songs removed, they're large and everyone has them from previous installs)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/deons%20genesis%203.19a4%20Ironhand%20plus25.zip
(7.1 MB zip) It's Genesis .19a4 plus the vanilla changes and my .20 - .25 tunings, plus the .25 executable.
No new civs or new-vanilla-creature graphics, but it's .25 compatible. And ore frequencies & learning rates slightly boosted.
Looks good so far. I even got a steel dwarf at embark, and guess what? I forgot to embark with a pick. Thats just my luck.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: March 31, 2011, 04:02:33 pm »

If you've got trees (and took an axe) you could build an aboveground fortress until the caravan turns up - I often get an elf one in the first summer.  Wooden trap components are pretty valuable, that would be ok for the non-sylvan elves.  Fish, gather plants or hunt for food.  I think centaurs and werewolves can turn up as well in the first year though, could be fun.  Steel dwarves are pretty great, I had my 50 man military (and most of my fort) die to a flesh rotting FB poison and the two steel dwarves in the military just ignored it and kept training away.

Also repeating the Genesis is awesome praise for any new converts!

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: March 31, 2011, 04:51:18 pm »

Update: First, I cant play the version that Tomi posted. I just cant play without sprites. Second, I tried out the 3.19 version. Holy shit. This is now my favorite mod, it will always be installed when possible from now on. Now to just wait for the newest 3.25 compatible release. I cant wait, this is going to be great.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: March 31, 2011, 06:01:07 pm »

What do you mean "without sprites"? It is a graphical version (Ironhand tileset).

Okay, I am tired of you, really. I will release a "pre-.25" version tonight, without demons and pandars, without savage orcs, without new alchemy and halberdiers for lashers, but with all other stuff I planned (and with graphics for new creatures). Fiiiine.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: March 31, 2011, 06:34:02 pm »

What do you mean "without sprites"? It is a graphical version (Ironhand tileset).

Okay, I am tired of you, really. I will release a "pre-.25" version tonight, without demons and pandars, without savage orcs, without new alchemy and halberdiers for lashers, but with all other stuff I planned (and with graphics for new creatures). Fiiiine.

nononono, please dont rush because of me. I can wait, I promise. And what I meant without sprites was that the new creatures and items added by Genesis that Tomi posted appear as solid black tiles when playing, not sure if thats a glitch on my end, but it really throws me off. I honestly didnt mean to be an ass or anything or offend you, please dont take what ive said in the wrong way, im a bit bad with words so I might not neccessarily be saying exactly what I mean or in the way that I intended to say it. Please dont rush on account of me being annoying, I dont want to force you away from anything important.

Admittedly though, I did sort of nearly squeal like a little girl in joy at the possiblity of getting the awesomeness that is your mod tonight.

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: March 31, 2011, 06:48:06 pm »

Rule No. 4 on the forums DON'T tired Deon or angry steel dwarves and uber werewolves will come in your sleep and rip you to bits. (or at least in my mind)  :D
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: March 31, 2011, 07:07:48 pm »

Actually, That would great and smart.  It would get us back to where we can play on the new version and it would make it so that you can take your time and work on all the other awesomeness with out any pressure from us groveling and begging and prostrating ourselves before you.  Later, you can do little sub releases like you always do anyway and add in the extra awesomeness.

I know you get tired of us pressuring you but if you are going to make crack this good you should expect your addicts to freak when you withhold our drug of choice for longer than it take the last hit to where off.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 642