Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231138 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5895 on: March 31, 2011, 07:55:58 pm »

What do you mean "without sprites"? It is a graphical version (Ironhand tileset).

Okay, I am tired of you, really. I will release a "pre-.25" version tonight, without demons and pandars, without savage orcs, without new alchemy and halberdiers for lashers, but with all other stuff I planned (and with graphics for new creatures). Fiiiine.

nononono, please dont rush because of me. I can wait, I promise. And what I meant without sprites was that the new creatures and items added by Genesis that Tomi posted appear as solid black tiles when playing, not sure if thats a glitch on my end, but it really throws me off. I honestly didnt mean to be an ass or anything or offend you, please dont take what ive said in the wrong way, im a bit bad with words so I might not neccessarily be saying exactly what I mean or in the way that I intended to say it. Please dont rush on account of me being annoying, I dont want to force you away from anything important.

Admittedly though, I did sort of nearly squeal like a little girl in joy at the possiblity of getting the awesomeness that is your mod tonight.
By "you" I mean all the guys who ask about the new version. Seriously, is it hard to click a page or two back and get Tomi's version? But yeah, I have all sprites and some new features, so it would be okay :P. I didn't want it to sound aggressive, I was sarcastic (about "tired").

Give me 4 hours of sleep, then I will wake up and see if there are any errors which should not be, and if not then I will release it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BakkieSloot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: March 31, 2011, 08:02:07 pm »

People need to find another addiction, like I did... Take your time Deon! I will only play the full version!  8)

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: March 31, 2011, 08:05:27 pm »

A couple more questions? 

If we use Tomi's .25 update thing or even your .25 release should you release it incomplete will we have to do another World gen when you release the extra content?  I am still uncertain what changes demand a world gen I suppose.

Second, I keep hearing people talking about a lack of minerals.  I am playing Ironhands .25 now (God I miss Genesis) and I have loads of minerals on a freshly generated world.  All I had to do is select Everywhere for Mineral Occurrence.  Is a lack of resources a problem just on Genesis or on DF as a whole?  Here is part of my prospector report.  It is on a 3x4 map and although I do not see it on the list I also have loads of Limestone and Marble down deeper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: March 31, 2011, 08:29:56 pm »

People need to find another addiction, like I did... Take your time Deon! I will only play the full version!  8)

Play Prospector. Go back to college. Whatever keeps you busy.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5899 on: March 31, 2011, 09:43:40 pm »

About Morwaul's list... so 91k tetrahedrite (copper/silver, lucky you!), 77k gold, 77k cobalt, 71k garnierite/nickel, 22k galena, 10k adamantine, 3k of spinels, 2+5k of iron. That just seems wrong as iron is supposed to be very common and cobaltite uncommon.
So you indeed get more ore variety if you set scarcity to minimum. Toady has set one default scarcity value and most of us I think will use that.

You'd want more coal and iron than any other metals. Maybe iron 30k, coal 20k.

Glad to get an officially-stamped Genesis release tomorrow! I don't mind myself having "r" raccoons and "M" giant moose on my 2x2 Ironhand outdoors but then again I'm a modder.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:46:04 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: March 31, 2011, 10:21:39 pm »

If we use Tomi's .25 update thing or even your .25 release should you release it incomplete will we have to do another World gen when you release the extra content?
I want to know that as well. I'm currently suffering from DF withdrawal and I would like to play the soon to be released "pre-.25" version, but I don't wanna have to generate a new world for the full version.

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: March 31, 2011, 11:16:32 pm »

I wish I didnt have class tommorrow....I dont get home till nearly 5 in the afternoon. Fuck. I want to play this so badly.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5902 on: March 31, 2011, 11:17:16 pm »

Yes, you'll have to worldgen because the finished Genesis .25 will have two new civs apparently, and new reactions. Pre-25 will have my updates plus Deon's new animal tiles.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: March 31, 2011, 11:35:51 pm »

oh   /sad

I'm in the same boat as Raul.  I am playing Ironhand .25 now.  It's kinda like dressing up your sister and taking her to the prom.  Sure she's beautiful but....meh.  Anyway, guess I'll just wait for the finished product. 

Hmmm, maybe if we all pitched in and helped Deon with his diploma.  I don't know the first thing about making glass or what a plasmon is for that matter but hey, I can fake it.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: April 01, 2011, 08:50:44 am »

If there is a partial .25 update, will it be on the first page of this thread?
Soaplent green is goblins!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.2 ϟ] - pre-release for 3.25
« Reply #5905 on: April 01, 2011, 08:55:33 am »

Genesis 3.2 for 3.25
* Moving to a new DF version (0.31.25).
*a lot of tweaks by TomiTapio, I agree with most of his ideas.
*genitals have their own tissues and materials.
*material tweaks.
*illithids have a new tile.
*demonic union -> goblins and barghests (goblinoids).
*new hostile entity: scavengers (pigmen).
*common otters in addition to previously existed giant otters.
*dire bears for savage areas.
*floaters, flying jellies with tentacles for caves (by Vorthon).
*updated some graphics for existing animals.
*cave spiders renamed to spiders; "gcs" arachna is now arachna/arachnid.
*changes to dwarven castes (no fireballs for obsidians, skill tweaks for other castes).
*only niths and mephits adopt dwarves now; other verminhunters (cats, ferrets) do not.

If we use Tomi's .25 update thing or even your .25 release should you release it incomplete will we have to do another World gen when you release the extra content?
I want to know that as well. I'm currently suffering from DF withdrawal and I would like to play the soon to be released "pre-.25" version, but I don't wanna have to generate a new world for the full version.
The "full" version requires me to draw sprites for the whole demonic civ, as well as for spiderlings. Also I will need to finish the "invention" component, and flesh out the alchemy. Also tiles for the pandars civ. Also I need to remake altars into shrines with new reactions, and add a lot of new workshops to the "invention" component. So it will take at least a week or more, so you are safe to play with the released version :).

P.S. Tomitapio deserved it much earlier, I can just be THAT ignorant from time to time, so don't mind me. He has his own place in credits now :P.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:21:23 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.2 ϟ] - Ironhand graphics, 0.31.25
« Reply #5906 on: April 01, 2011, 09:17:41 am »

Are you going to replace the dog with a specific breed? It's kinda weird to have spaniels, bulldogs and ''normal'' dogs.

fakedit: W00t update! I'm gonna play for a few days straight now

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: April 01, 2011, 09:19:41 am »

I thought about making them castes, but right now we cannot have different graphics and I don't want to make the mod into "cynologist heaven", at least for now. I agree that it's weird, but consider them "special dog breeds" for now :). I have much more important stuff to add, however it's something I will think about.

I will know that I became stark raving mad when I start to add cat breeds :P.

P.S. I forgot to mention a major gameplay change: only niths and mephits adopt dwarves now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: April 01, 2011, 09:30:57 am »

does that mean you have eliminated the possibility of a cat-splosion deon?

we CAN stop the furry fiends from over running our fortress, its a dream come true

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: April 01, 2011, 09:31:47 am »

Yeah, but now there can be a mephit-splosion, those bastards who can freeze your dwarves to death and set them on fire :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 642