Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231437 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5865 on: March 30, 2011, 11:57:36 pm »

What's your major anyways?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5866 on: March 31, 2011, 01:06:09 am »

Deon's on the Moscow time zone so he's on the forums at odd hours :)
I'm on Finland/East European time zone.

Also remember he had the "Dwarf Fortress Complete" mod back in DF 40d, May 2009.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1021

Damn, another fort with only two metals (but three biomes). Gold above cave1 and silver in cave1, NOTHING orelike below that. This with [MINERAL_SCARCITY:1500].

My tunings progress: make less deadly "rough spike" from wood and regular "menacing spike" from metals. Because 30 wooden spikes defeating a siege didn't seem right.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: March 31, 2011, 03:32:53 am »

I was about to suggest silver hammers as that's the most common weapon metal I keep finding in my vanilla embarks but then remembered that's not possible in Genesis.  What was the reason behind not being able to make them in Genesis?

I'm quite enjoying the scarcer metals actually, makes it feel more like you are embarking into the wilderness.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: March 31, 2011, 04:26:30 am »

Deon's on the Moscow time zone so he's on the forums at odd hours :)
I'm on Finland/East European time zone.

Also remember he had the "Dwarf Fortress Complete" mod back in DF 40d, May 2009.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1021

Damn, another fort with only two metals (but three biomes). Gold above cave1 and silver in cave1, NOTHING orelike below that. This with [MINERAL_SCARCITY:1500].

My tunings progress: make less deadly "rough spike" from wood and regular "menacing spike" from metals. Because 30 wooden spikes defeating a siege didn't seem right.
I saw your trapcomps suggestion, I'm using it :). Thanks for the letter.

Hehe, you tracked that one down? I thought I removed it. Well, it makes the 14th of May to be an (un)official 2-year birthday of Genesis :P.

What's your major anyways?
Radiophysics and medical engineering. I am making special glass with a surface plasmon effect for biosensors now, almost every day (and almost manually :P).

I was about to suggest silver hammers as that's the most common weapon metal I keep finding in my vanilla embarks but then remembered that's not possible in Genesis.  What was the reason behind not being able to make them in Genesis?

I'm quite enjoying the scarcer metals actually, makes it feel more like you are embarking into the wilderness.
I wanted to make "precious" metals like gold and silver which were not used for weapons to stay the same way for DF. It was fine when we had a TON of metals, but now sometimes you have no choice. So I am including alchemical reactions to turn gold into Sun Gold (which Ezrakim elves use) and silver to Moon Silver. Maybe it sounds a bit cliche, but it works for me :P.

Diploma?  Deon, things like a future, success, and money are highly overrated.  You should focus all your time on things of substance such as upgrading, updating and enhancing Genesis!  Jeez man, get your priority's straight!  ;)
You should've told me it before I adopted a wife and a child. Oh wait, I forgot that it works backwards. Women are like cats: they adopt you and leave you no choice. I wish I could have more than one like dwarves do with cats though :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: March 31, 2011, 08:59:07 am »

Diploma?  Deon, things like a future, success, and money are highly overrated.  You should focus all your time on things of substance such as upgrading, updating and enhancing Genesis!  Jeez man, get your priority's straight!  ;)
You should've told me it before I adopted a wife and a child. Oh wait, I forgot that it works backwards. Women are like cats: they adopt you and leave you no choice. I wish I could have more than one like dwarves do with cats though :P.

How many levers and spike traps were you planning on installing in your home?

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: March 31, 2011, 09:08:54 am »

Is this compatible with 0.31.25? If so, then holy crap I think I might die from the awesome.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: March 31, 2011, 09:17:12 am »

Is this compatible with 0.31.25? If so, then holy crap I think I might die from the awesome.

Not yet, but he's working on it.

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: March 31, 2011, 09:19:17 am »

Whats the latest version its compatible with? This looks amazing.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: March 31, 2011, 09:26:49 am »

Just out of curiousity, have you considered adding punching daggers to Genesis?

I've got some raws I put together for them somewhere in the maze of folders that is my laptop...

If I whipped up some new dwarven castes, would you be willing to add them to Genesis? Just askin'...

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: March 31, 2011, 09:28:38 am »

Basing on the first post 0.31.19
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: March 31, 2011, 09:36:27 am »

Basing on the first post 0.31.19
Ah. Derp. Well, thats what I get for not being awake enough to really read. Hmm....not sure if I want to go back that far....but this is a definate download as soon as its ready for 3.25

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: March 31, 2011, 09:39:39 am »

It is amazing, you'll never want to go back to vanilla after playing this :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:36:59 am by Raul »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5877 on: March 31, 2011, 10:31:28 am »

I wanted to make "precious" metals like gold and silver which were not used for weapons to stay the same way for DF. It was fine when we had a TON of metals, but now sometimes you have no choice. So I am including alchemical reactions to turn gold into Sun Gold (which Ezrakim elves use) and silver to Moon Silver. Maybe it sounds a bit cliche, but it works for me :P.
It is a shame we can't command "this weapon is blunt and can be made from non-warfare metals" or "this metal can be used for non-edged weapons". Perhaps 2-4 gems are used up turning gold into HammerGold? Or extra much fuel is needed?
And maybe sun gold and moon silver should be slightly better than copper and cobalt, so as not to compete with bronzes and steels? Always happy to buy a red steel pick from caravans.
What about the gold & steel you get from sacrificing weapons at Altar of War? Feels like cheating to sac loads of wood/bone crossbows and out comes steel.

While we wait for Genesis 25, check out Genesis .19a4 plus my .23 - .25 tunings, here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Gen25_Ironhand_March30_interim_TT_raws.zip
No new civs or new-vanilla-creature graphics, but it's .25 compatible. And ore frequencies & learning rates slightly boosted.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:45:21 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: March 31, 2011, 10:34:13 am »

It is a shame we can't command "this weapon is blunt and can be made from non-warfare metals" or "this metal can be used for non-edged weapons". Perhaps 2-4 gems are used up turning gold into HammerGold? Or extra much fuel is needed?
And maybe sun gold and moon silver should be slightly better than copper and cobalt, so as not to compete with bronzes and steels?
Maybe sun gold could start off as moon silver, but after an expensive procedure it could be turned into sun gold?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: March 31, 2011, 10:59:06 am »

Screw it, im bored, have a lot of time right now, and this looks badass. Hello older version, and hello Genesis.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 642