Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231466 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5850 on: March 29, 2011, 07:10:44 pm »

Yes, these ones you should manually set to obscured.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: March 29, 2011, 08:11:34 pm »

Yes, these ones you should manually set to obscured.

How do you do that?

Figured it out!  Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:16:46 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: March 30, 2011, 02:19:21 am »

That's how my Genesis engravings always look I think, I only have them visible when I forget to change the init files after downloading a new copy though.  It does look a bit odd but the dwarf picture engravings are about dwarves and dead trees are usually the symbol of your civilisation or whatever so it does make sense, just a bit messy to look at and work out what's actually there.

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: March 30, 2011, 12:24:04 pm »

I'm sure you've seen it, but the "Testing Prone to Rage" thread says that if that tag is set to 1000, things automatically get enraged when entering combat.

Have you all thought of adding that tag to (say) Steel Dwarves? I like the idea of a berzerker caste. . .the idea of having these rare, super strong, super scary enraged guys in my fortress sounds like fun.  :)

Anyway, I might add that tag to them myself if you don't, once the next version of Genesis comes out.

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: March 30, 2011, 01:16:20 pm »

Has anyone been able to find Geothite ore anywhere ingame?

I had a few minutes spelunking in the raws and I can't find any mention of geothite. Could it have slipped the net during updates and been lost?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: March 30, 2011, 03:16:44 pm »

I'm sure you've seen it, but the "Testing Prone to Rage" thread says that if that tag is set to 1000, things automatically get enraged when entering combat.

Have you all thought of adding that tag to (say) Steel Dwarves? I like the idea of a berzerker caste. . .the idea of having these rare, super strong, super scary enraged guys in my fortress sounds like fun.  :)

Anyway, I might add that tag to them myself if you don't, once the next version of Genesis comes out.

100 does the same thing according to a poster a few posts further. Good point though, but I wonder how rage works if you are also in a martial trance...

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: March 30, 2011, 03:29:51 pm »

I am quite intruiged by this berserker (steel) dwarf idea. What are the effects of rage on a unit?
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5857 on: March 30, 2011, 04:11:15 pm »

Have you all thought of adding that tag to (say) Steel Dwarves? I like the idea of a berserker caste. . .the idea of having these rare, super strong, super scary enraged guys in my fortress sounds like fun.  :)
Sure, try it out, takes maybe 1-2 hours of new fort, and see if they become a liability to the fort or do they obey/ignore normal combat commands.
You also might want to try rage:2 on bulldogs, see if they attack friendlies due to rage.

Has anyone been able to find Geothite ore anywhere ingame?
I had a few minutes spelunking in the raws and I can't find any mention of geothite. Could it have slipped the net during updates and been lost?

I have goethite the swamp iron set as appearing in:
[ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:VEIN:5] (5% very rare)
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:MIRE_BLACK:VEIN:50]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:MIRE_RAISED:VEIN:10]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:MIRE_BLANKET:VEIN:40]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:PEAT_SWAMP:VEIN:30]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:PEAT:VEIN:80] (80%, common-ish)
And no, I haven't encountered any, thanks to the "one deep metal and one shallow metal per biome" new system.

(adjusts ore frequencies)
Hmm, maybe still we do not have alluvial layers. wiki says .19 introduced them, but .25 vanilla's raws don't define alluvial...

Edit2: rolled world with seed numbers typed in. Crash! Hmm... I must report it, upload raws and worldgen settings.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4395

Edit3: fun vanilla creature list: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Pasture
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 06:05:32 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Razonatair

• Bay Watcher
  • Move along citizen, nothing to see here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: March 30, 2011, 05:04:51 pm »

I've seen Geothite, it's just rare. And no, it's not "one deep metal, one shallow metal per biome." There can be two or more per biome, it just depends on your mineral frequency set during worldgen. I normally set mine <=1000.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:38:33 pm by Razonatair »

DarkSinnerzZz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: March 30, 2011, 06:51:05 pm »

new version has came out.any chance of updating genesis to ?

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: March 30, 2011, 09:04:52 pm »

Deon is working on it, he took some time off for some sort of real life thingy so Genesis is a bit behind in the updates.
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: March 30, 2011, 10:11:46 pm »

Yeah, this "some sort of real life thingy" is my university diploma, and I am running out of time :P. And it's not behind the updates, it's being worked on. I have a WIP version which lacks some stuff I want to add, once I do it I will release it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: March 30, 2011, 10:36:38 pm »

Thanks for your hard work, Deon. Working on your university diploma and this mod at the same time? You're clearly some kind of god.

"Deon the Creator of Genesis is a deity of the Roguelike Community. Deon is most often depicted as a male human and is associated with killer turkeys."  :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: March 30, 2011, 10:57:17 pm »

"Deon the Creator of Genesis is a deity of the Roguelike Community. Deon is most often depicted as a male human and is associated with killer turkeys."  :P
"This image is of Deon Facesmashers the turky and Urist facesmashed the dwarf. Deon is striking down Urist. This image depicts the striking down of Urist facesmashed in 1 by Deon Facesmashers."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: March 30, 2011, 11:46:43 pm »

Diploma?  Deon, things like a future, success, and money are highly overrated.  You should focus all your time on things of substance such as upgrading, updating and enhancing Genesis!  Jeez man, get your priority's straight!  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 642