Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1234244 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.25 ϟ]
« Reply #390 on: April 19, 2010, 05:43:15 am »

Darn. Sarcasm is rather hard to convey on teh intarwebz.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 19, 2010, 05:46:29 am »

I didn't mean sub races as in human is a race, and then a civilization is a subrace, by sub race I meant minor race that is more annoying then the major ones that are for trade of killing you, such as kobalds.

So, for example, when you embark you could be in range of any number of sub races, or few at all (Due to there lower survival rate at world gen) and not know what to expect.

It adds an awesome element to the game when you have no idea when a pack of wolfmen might come from the mountains to attack, or vulturemen may swoop down to grab a tasty child snack.

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2010, 05:51:19 am »

I tend to agree here.  Sure there's plenty of races to trade with (read: steal their crap at Depot).  But where's the sense of viciousness we come to know in love?  That was partly why I loved Dig Deeper so damn much, from Summer-1, you were battling off actual SIEGES.  Ahh, I miss that.

Is there a way to make a few different bellicose races that sometimes survive worldgen, sometimes don't, that would siege you more often than the current 80 Population tag?  I currently have titans set to 20 pop 50k exported to make stuff a bit more FUN for myself, and would love to see some civs actively want to destroy me.  (Makes me feel special! :))
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 19, 2010, 05:52:12 am »

I've got a strange bug here: in some worlds i can not build training dummy or other new stuff, e.g. there is no such option in workspaces menu.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 19, 2010, 05:55:34 am »

I tend to agree here.  Sure there's plenty of races to trade with (read: steal their crap at Depot).  But where's the sense of viciousness we come to know in love?  That was partly why I loved Dig Deeper so damn much, from Summer-1, you were battling off actual SIEGES.  Ahh, I miss that.

Is there a way to make a few different bellicose races that sometimes survive worldgen, sometimes don't, that would siege you more often than the current 80 Population tag?  I currently have titans set to 20 pop 50k exported to make stuff a bit more FUN for myself, and would love to see some civs actively want to destroy me.  (Makes me feel special! :))

Well weaker races sometime survive worldgen, but then they ARE weaker, so you might not want that. I find giving them boarder line good/bad  ethical behavior will sometimes cause your civilization to start a war with them, and other times not, so you don't know if they will attack you or not.

As for more attacks, give them more active seasons!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2010, 05:56:16 am »

Hey, for the animalmen, you can just copy and modify the one used for underground civs.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2010, 05:59:37 am »

Hey, for the animalmen, you can just copy and modify the one used for underground civs.

I would like to give them all a unique taste, so that you can't just make a general defense against them. Not to mention that some of them are going to be friendly! This means that while wolfmen are always your enemy, and cougarmen are always friendly, tiger men will swap between the two, and I find that a lot more interesting.
People in adventure mode will probably agree with me.

Anyway, I plan on making an overhaul of the underground civilizations once I'm done with the above ground.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2010, 06:02:08 am »

I would like to give them all a unique taste, so that you can't just make a general defense against them. Not to mention that some of them are going to be friendly! This means that while wolfmen are always your enemy, and cougarmen are always friendly, tiger men will swap between the two, and I find that a lot more interesting.
People in adventure mode will probably agree with me.

Anyway, I plan on making an overhaul of the underground civilizations once I'm done with the above ground.
Sounds good.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2010, 06:19:36 am »

I've got a strange bug here: in some worlds i can not build training dummy or other new stuff, e.g. there is no such option in workspaces menu.
Can you give me any save like that please? It would be good to find out why is this happening.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2010, 06:38:04 am »

Can you give me any save like that please? It would be good to find out why is this happening.
Here i got library, crutch training, etc, but no training dummy:
http://rghost.net/1417146
Also, i'm playing under wine, but that should not cause this problem. Also, i play without graphics.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2010, 06:44:41 am »

Oh, then you may want to get an ascii version. Which character set do you use (link pls :))?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2010, 06:51:50 am »

So what do you guys think of the possibility of a plunger? That being a leaver that deconstructs itself after one use. I don't know if it can be done, but you guys would know better then me.

Why you ask? Having these leavers linked to things that deconstruct themselves is just annoying because you need to keep track of them.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2010, 07:08:34 am »

Oh, then you may want to get an ascii version. Which character set do you use (link pls
Default one, still i have not yet seen any black squares instead of items.
Just checked with graphics version - no change with dummy.
It's mildly depressing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 19, 2010, 07:14:19 am »

Yeah by some things look weird.

Also do you really use curses_640x300.bmp? That's the default one. I find 16x16 to be better, and there's a lot of ASCII awesome sets. Why don't you use them?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 19, 2010, 07:21:26 am »

Well, i use default 800x600 curses.bmp, not 640x300
also, it's just a thing of a habit - i simply do not see df with any other ascii tiles. But i'll give a try if i found pretty ones.
It's mildly depressing.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 642