Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78226 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2010, 11:40:49 pm »

found an error in the body part RAWs
[BODY:RODENT_TEETH]
 right upper incisor is missing a close bracket after STP
"[BP:RU_INCISOR:right upper incisor:STP[CONTYPE:HEAD][CATEGORY:TOOTH][SOCKET][SMALL]"

This also occurs on right lower incisor.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:42:26 pm by Captain Mayday »
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Sharayah

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2010, 11:43:46 pm »

-Bodies aren't decomposing.  I'll get the miasma if they're underground, but when it clears, the remains don't convert to usable bones.  I've got 15 dwarf bodies littering my fortress, waiting for when I finally build my cemetery and they've been there for a year or so.  Creature bodies aren't rotting either.  All my corpses look freshly killed and claim to be "Urist McDead's skeleton", but when I try to make bone items, I get "Urist McConfused cancels Make bone bolts: Needs unrotten bone body part".

-My outdoor refuse pile isn't emptying at all.  It's getting pretty full of vermin remains and turtle shells.  I also cannot find bone or shell on the stockpile list in order to sequester them away in a separate stockpile for future use like I normally do.  My dwarves also aren't hauling animal "skeletons" there.

-I had a war dog come in in a migration, but before it even got out of new-migrant-mode, I got the message "War Dog has been struck down!".  There was nothing anywhere close to the body that could have killed it.

-I lost my starting miners, and for whatever reason, everyone refuses to use the pick that one of them left behind. The other one's in use, but that may be because the miner that originally had it went berserk rather than insane and it was war spoils or something.  I've got multiple people with mining designated, but the pick's just sitting in the stockpile, looking perfectly usable.

-I love using the "kill" feature in the new squad system, but when the target dies, the order sticks around.  My squad will just stand around the body with "Kill Urist McAlreadydead" as their job until I manually cancel it.

-When my soldiers die, they aren't automatically removed from their squad listing.  And there isn't even any zoom function on that screen for me to easily check if they're dead.  I have to occasionally remake the squad just to get rid of the ghosts in the lists.  I could theoretically just check off the names against the deceased list, but that's far too tedious.

-I constructed a wall, and one of the pieces of it got stuck mid-building.  It was just saying "Waiting for Mason", and even appeared to be an active job, though no one was doing it.  Suspending it didn't clear it at all, nor even drop it to inactive again.  The surrounding walls were constructed during a time when I had a lot of people going crazy, so that may be related.  I had to cancel the construction completely and redesignate in order for it to get built.  EDIT: I found the stone that was related to the original wall.  It was marked as forbidden.  I've forbidden stones in the past for walls, and they'd go pick up a new one, but not now.

-I lost my expedition leader a few months back and there's no new one yet.  The position's gone from my Nobles list, so either it's a bug or the dwarves are now really slow about getting around to elections. EDIT: When I finally remembered to make them stop trying to kill an already dead goblin thief, one of my soldiers turned out to be the mayor and all of a sudden the mayor position appeared on my noble's list.  As did captain of the guard, for whatever reason.  I hadn't seen the announcement at all, nor had I any migrants coming in to trigger the next level.

-Other things: my hunters aren't hunting, I had to irrigate to get underground crops, my migrants often have skills that they don't have the job activated for and it is a pain having to check all of them to catch that, and I had to switch back to space for closing screens so I wouldn't be driven crazy by having to hit the ESC key so freaking often.

BitLooter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2010, 11:46:20 pm »

Some labors seem to be missing. I'm trying to make charcoal, and despite one of my migrants being a wood burner there does not appear to be a wood burning labor to enable. The job sits in the workshop forever, not doing anything.
Well really, if you can't be an insane Dwarven dictator hellbent on genociding Mermaids for their precious bones in a video game, where CAN you?

Whiskey Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2010, 11:50:54 pm »

Definitely seems to be some funky AI and/or pathing issues.  I've got two miners who
- Won't mine
- Won't eat or drink, even after removing all mining designations
- Barely move

There is both food and booze available, and other dwarves will readily consume both.  But the miners seem dead to the world.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2010, 11:51:14 pm »

Some labors seem to be missing. I'm trying to make charcoal, and despite one of my migrants being a wood burner there does not appear to be a wood burning labor to enable. The job sits in the workshop forever, not doing anything.

The wood burning labor is under Farming/Related. Check if it is enabled.

BitLooter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2010, 11:53:26 pm »

Ah, there it is. Yes, it's enabled, and no, they still aren't doing anything with it.

The wood burning labor is under Farming/Related. Check if it is enabled.
Well really, if you can't be an insane Dwarven dictator hellbent on genociding Mermaids for their precious bones in a video game, where CAN you?

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2010, 12:01:09 am »

Dwarves don't sleep in their own beds.

My chief medical dwarf is happily snoozing on the expedition leader's bed while the leader is off mining out some staircases. On the plus side, Mr. Goldilocks there 'slept in a good bedroom lately'.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2010, 12:06:49 am »

Bug or feature? Migrants don't arrive with any professions enabled, no matter how skilled they are.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2010, 12:08:54 am »

Bug or feature? Migrants don't arrive with any professions enabled, no matter how skilled they are.
I had a grand master fish cleaner arrive. I was frankly amazed. He also had way more things enabled than he could actually do.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2010, 12:11:06 am »

Things take forever to die. I can fill vast tracts of land with blood and the blood's source can still be walking and fighting.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Mercanthyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2010, 12:14:25 am »

After a dwarf was crushed to death in a mining accident (he had no position). the entries in my noble screen for expedition leader and bookkeeper and, I think organizer... disappeared! When this happened, my expedition leader lost his position as did my broker. The militia commander, captain and chief medical dwarf positions are still there but I cannot replace the commander position or chief medical dwarf position.

something strange happened similar to the above paragraph, I created a squad and put a random dwarf who immigrated into it because he already had skills and I wanted him to be a part of a permanent military force so I did not want my militia commander in the same group. Even though I set that separate squad to spar on it's own, in a barracks reserved for it, the militia commander showed up and started sparring. I looked at the military menu a few times later and eventually, randomly, the commander showed up as the leader of the squad with the other dwarf in the 2nd slot. When I removed him from the squad, I go back to the noble screen and find that even the position itself of militia commander is missing! I would screenshot all of this but I keep getting a black screen from it. All that shows up now is my chief medical dwarf position whose position I cannot replace.

Ok, I'm getting a little insight into what happened, but it's still buggy. when I deleted the squads I had, I can see that one is made for the militia commander and one for the militia captain but  the problem is that it doesn't automatically make each of these dwarves the leaders of their respective units, it sort of buggily replaces them or something.

I then went back to the military screen and recreated the squad under militia commander and set the one immigrant as the leader and the noble positions screen now registered the positions for militia commander and (2) captains again. Now the one immigrant who is now militia commander and the dwarf who was the first militia commander I set and got rid of are both sparring in a training barracks set only for the squad that is led by the new commander who is the only member of it. (when I destroyed the squads, the training setting was reset so it wasn't even set up for training)  The militia commander has yellow text saying "Individual sparring" and the other guy who is no longer in a squad has the same text but in dark grey. The dwarf now no longer in the command chain is now sleeping in the barracks even though all the other dwarves sleep in the dormitory I set up. He then woke up and went right back to sparring.

I'm guessing that maybe after a while they will check and realize what the settings are and then the one guy will leave?

I made the other guy a militia captain and put him in a different squad and turned off training for his squad in one barracks and on in the other one and he still trains in that one barracks. He also showed up in the noble screen as the 2nd out of the two militia commanders... I don't know if the other one is just a placeholder or what the root of that bug is.

The two sparring dwarves randomly removed their socks and shoes. (they were removed in random locations, not in the training area)

the skills of the dwarves who immigrate are way out of proportion with the wealth generated by your fort... at least it seems
like the more valuable your fort is, the more experienced people would want to immigrate

my doctor also goes out of his way to pick up medical supplies even though I put a few containers in his area which were filled properly. I'm guessing that the ones he was using previously (before there were containers in the hospital) were not moved yet due to space and he went to get the same ones he had been using because of the cloth being depleted over time?

on the military screen, an adequate speardwarf is listed as novice

when I press l to "create a new squad from this leader" I get an empty squad with slot 1 saying VACANT and slots 2-10 saying "AVAILABLE"

When I create squads and then delete them, they still "exist" as entries named "militia captain" on the military screen and in the noble screen when you appoint a militia captain and then remove that dwarf, multiple entries can exist ... militia captain - appoint  militia captain - appoint

I then chose to reappoint a militia captain to both entries then when prompted I chose VACANT for both and it cut down the noble screen entries back to one slot for militia captain.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2010, 12:18:45 am »

Had miners stop working.  I had landscaped a small hill above my starting hall, destroying one small z-level and then shaping the 2nd (z-1), using mass-up-ramp digging and remove-ramps.  At z-2 of the hill I dug in my entrance hall from the side, and the diggers went in a certain distance down the front door tunnel and then stopped. Their path was completely open, dwarves still had mining selected and picks in hand, they just went No Job and stood around.  I noticed the 2 square line of 'dig' tiles that they had stopped at was directly under the landscaped hill's ramps one level up - so after some head-scratching, I had them remove the up ramps directly above the dig tiles.  As soon as they removed the ramps above (leaving floor at z-1), the dig tiles below directly below it started flashing and they were able to proceed.  So apparently they couldn't dig tiles directly one z-level under up ramps. 

Also, ditto on miners not drinking.  Even with no mining designated, a water source designated, and booze in the food pile, they don't go drink.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2010, 12:24:33 am »

Cats and dogs show up more than once on the embark screen.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2010, 12:33:12 am »

Cats and dogs show up more than once on the embark screen.

watch closer... it's males and females, you can now decide to bring 50 female dogs and one male dog, so you will have more offspring

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2010, 12:42:27 am »

-I started melting when I entered a pool of water and again when I was slaughtering some elves in their retreat, it wasn't raining and there were no fires or anything around.

When I went back to the retreat and checked the temperature, it said it was burning. I went back again at night, it said it was scorching, and I started melting again. I then traveled a long way across the world back to the civ I started at, and it's scorching there too... So I can't seem to go anywhere and not melt, assuming that's why I'm melting.

I just entered arena mode and the temperature is still scorching, nobody's melting, though.

-There doesn't seem to be any announcement for breaking limbs when wrestling.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:48:40 am by Jehdin »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38