Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78206 times)

Xelek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2010, 12:49:41 am »

- I can't find bones and shells in stockpiles anywhere anymore. Got left out or was it relocated to some reeaaallly obscure tab?

- I have rainbow kittens! Descriptions for both my kittens mention different colors for just about every body parts, and wildly different colors at that. Didn't notice other animals having such bad cases of crazy DNA, yet.

- My dwarves are a bit too dedicated right now and don't seem to mind hunger, thirst and drowsiness as long as there's work to be done!

I might just be a bit too hasty and I guess it's already planned, but shouldn't we copy all the bugs into the first post and then delete redundant posts and just add details as they're found?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:00:22 am by Xelek »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2010, 12:55:03 am »

- When looking at the combat reports for my first miner's death by cave crocodile (great feature for fortress mode) I noticed something odd, the miner died from  drowning, not from any wounds received.  In fact, the crocodile didn't get a single hit in; all his bites were deflected by my miner's pig tail coat, giant cave spider silk trousers, cow leather gloves, and naked mole dog cap.  Apparently regular clothing is really good armor, or cave crocodiles are extremely weak.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2010, 01:17:11 am »

similar to the channel bug, up/down staircases dig like the mine command.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2010, 01:28:10 am »

I can confirm Channeling actually doing ramps.   
Man toady wasn't kidding when he said a buggy release.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:30:26 am by Kaelem Gaen »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2010, 01:34:15 am »

This is deliberate.  Toady and Threetoe felt that the old style of channeling made it too easy to prevent enemies from attacking.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2010, 01:45:13 am »

If you hit Create New World Now! then abort the world gen and try to Design New World With Parameters you get an instant crash.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2010, 01:49:50 am »

"He is incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall. His skin is striped and red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo andviolet. His eyes are black.

That typo for and and violet is intentional, saw it when I was looking at a beakdog in the arena

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2010, 01:51:29 am »

This is deliberate.  Toady and Threetoe felt that the old style of channeling made it too easy to prevent enemies from attacking.

It is also incedibly annoying without really solving moat defence: You can still easily channel moat and remove ramps, it just became two-step process that requires some patience (remove ramps when you are done channeling) or some micromanagement if you want to cut=off area fast (immediatelly assigning ramps to be removed as tiles are channeled)

HOWEVER, if you channel into water/magma, you are out of luck: you are stuck with ramp (that no-one can use) that messes up with design (since you get 'ramp triangle' instead of water/depth tile). It really messes up with OCD.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2010, 01:55:34 am »

Hydra... few things wrong here in the raws.
First, they have 7HEADNECKS and NECK.
Their 7HEADNECKS did not have the skeletal token, so if the Hydra was skeletal, the heads wont' be attached.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2010, 01:58:07 am »

I got 9 migrants my first summer. This seems relatively high, especially since I haven't produced that much wealth.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Kataklistika

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Bwahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • Destiny Falls Games
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2010, 02:00:36 am »

- A new game cannot be canceled on the Choose Fortress Location Screen or on the Embark Screen. I had to use the task manager to force the game to close or just embark on a random spot and abandon the settlement.
With death our mighty hammers fall; With death they fall, with doom they call. So wage your wars and knock down doors; We'll wield our mauls, strong and tall; And promise thee we shall not flee. For on your crown we hammer down; With blood abound, a crushing sound. And to the earth your corpses fall; In death you fall, gods help you all!
My Wiki Profile

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2010, 02:04:33 am »

- CTD when I picked "Create new world now", then on choosing Arena Made changes to init file beforehand, among other things changing resolution and fonts to 800x600 and turning graphics on. Turning graphics back off fixed the problem. No custom tilesets installed.

- Worldgen kept going for a rather long time. Stopped it at 870.

- Site Finder works incredibly slowly. Maybe it's just that it was a huge map that was generated, but it took several seconds for each tile. Alt-tabbed out of game while it was working (played in windowed mode) and couldn't get back in -- had to Ctrl+Alt+Del-kill the game.

- After embarking, game suddenly took a lot of time and system resources, apparently to save the game.

- "No tasks available" string goes off screen at "access", then skips a line

- DWARF has become an expedition leader -- no "zoom to location" option (should zoom to dwarf in question, in my opinion)

- Enlarging/shrinking zones when defining flows doesn't seem to work
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2010, 02:19:19 am »

The announcement "merchants will be leaving soon" occured in winter, after the merchants already left.

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2010, 02:24:37 am »

Ok this one's strange, if there's some way to explain the problem please do.

I've tried to run my tileset on the new DF but every time I load a game. It always shows the dwarves in the example tileset version.

It's almost as if the example sprites are hard coded in the game.

Any explanation to this would be great.

Graphics, along with everything else in the "raw" folder, get copied into the save folder at worldgen.  It's a questionable choice for graphics, though.

Thanks, I was wondering why I couldn't get my graphic set to work.  Hopefully this will be later changed to just include the raw\objects directory in the save file.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2010, 02:47:28 am »

Hi!

For those with the bone refuse piles: There is a way to get only shells in a refuse pile - I did so in my first fortress, but I abandoned it after a rather unpleasant incident involving a troll (of the kind not using the internet), so I can't check the settings needed. Probably just stick with limiting the types of creature corpses or some such.

Inexplicable wealth: I can't confirm that bug with my fortresses. Initial wealth seems reasonable - but I have not checked it to the last dwarf buck, so there may be some minor glitch.

Surface Farming: The warning about impossible underground farming is a bit confusing, but it does not hinder surface farming.

One Civ too many: The underground civilization of animal men seems to be listed as known civ in your civilization screen right from embark - even if you have not discovered them yet. Their individual creatures are NOT listed in the unit screen, however.

Wagons? I am not sure whether this is a bug or whether there is some new requirement at work - I have not played very long yet in the new version. However, I have noticed that neither dwarves nor humans bring wagons with their caravans (but their beasts of burden seem to do a good job carrying quite a lot of goods, though not as bad as the elves). I have tried laying a road from the depot to the map edge, but no change.

No fish in brook? I enabled fishing for some dwarves, made the local brook a fishing zone, and promptly got the message "no fish"... Shouldn't there be at least something for them to catch there?

Deathworks
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38