Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78138 times)

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2010, 10:13:20 pm »

Apparently dwarves are vampiric now. While I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, my hammerdwarf was able to gain sustenance by drinking hydra blood off of his armor. It seems rather crazy to me - I don't think blood is going to quench thirst IRL - so I'm pretty sure it's a bug.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2010, 10:14:04 pm »

Dropped lava RIGHT ONTOP of a massive melee of dwarves and elves. THERE WAS NO FIRE! D:<

this is obviously the arena
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2010, 10:14:45 pm »

If a farm plot has some tiles un-muddied, the entire plot will be ignored.

IE: If you have a 3x3 square of mud, and then build a 3x4 farm on it, the dwarves will not plant anything on it.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2010, 10:15:59 pm »

You can designate brook squares to be mined.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2010, 10:16:33 pm »

Too many pages to read to see if it was posted, but...

Building a well is impossible unless you have a chain available to use. However, when you do have a chain, and you select to build a well, you are given the option to use a rope in the construction.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2010, 10:18:00 pm »

The top part? You could channel that in 40d

I think the temp of water and magma mightve been switched

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2010, 10:19:43 pm »

Dunno if anyone mentioned this, but I embarked with some coal, an iron anvil, and 3 native platinum stones. Coal smelted into coke fine. Native Platinum nuggets turned into Platinum bars fine.

Forged the Platinum Bars into goblets... they came out as Iron Goblets.

I then found a platinum vein, repeated it, same result. 100 value Iron Goblets out of the platinum nuggets.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2010, 10:22:43 pm »

Yeah, all goblets currently default to iron.

This is interesting: carving a ramp into the side of a murky pool, the blue water-level-number turns dark grey, and there are temporarily both "a dusting of mud" and "a dusting of yellow sand" on the same (submerged) tile.

And my miner got caught in a cave-in, damaged his guts and liver, broke his back and arms. Went back to work, and it all healed up within a minute. He doesn't even have a line about being fast/slow to heal in his description.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2010, 10:28:30 pm »

As an addendum to my previous post about vampiric dwarves, while I'm not 100% sure, it seems that you can drink anything in adventure mode, as long as it is covering a part of your body. My elf is currently spelunking deep underground, and while he refused to drink from a body of "mud water", he had no problems sipping it off his body.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:30:10 pm by Intelligent Shade of Blue »
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2010, 10:31:42 pm »

Adventure mode;

You slash The Naked Mole Dog in the right front leg with your -steel short sword-, but the attack passes right through!
You stab The Naked Mole Dog in the upper body with your -steel short sword-, but the attack passes right through!
The spinning warthog meat strikes The Naked Mole Dog in the upper body, but the attack passes right through!

GHOSTS!

I had this happen before in arena but it only seemed to affect one body part.  This entire creature appears to be ethereal.  If it helps anything the description says it has a gigantic build.  I believe the other creature I encountered this with also had a gigantic build, but I can't be completely certain as it didn't seem unusual then.  Besides, a gigantic Naked Mole Dog doesn't sound right anyway.  I did leave the site once and come back, that may also have something to do with this.

PS. I have killed naked mole dogs with no oddities before.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2010, 10:32:11 pm »

build a carpenters shop next to a farming area, then submerged the whole room to make mud. a bit later, the log i had built the carpenters shop from had turned into "ash", although i have never had fire in that area neither any other area.

EDIT: k, got that sorted out, read "ash" as "ashes", not knowing that the "log" goes lost when in a building

also i found that the attempt to build a farm plot aboveground results in "No mud for underground farm"...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:41:08 pm by EvilTwin »

epdtry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2010, 10:34:38 pm »

Digging channels directly above semi-molten rock has strange effects.

The tile on the upper level (the one being channeled) turns into a "Magma Flow" tile.  These tiles appear as dark red single- or double-tildes, even with SHOW_FLOW_AMOUNTS:YES.  The display switches between the single- and double-tilde variants at some fixed interval, and the tiles occasionally flash red and yellow as if they were on fire.  The magma flow tiles appear to function exactly like normal floor, as dwarves will pathfind and walk through them with no effects, and items will sit on them without falling.

The tile below the one being channeled (the semi-molten rock tile) becomes a ramp of the normal stone type for that area only if the tile was previously unrevealed.  If the tile was previously revealed, it remains as semi-molten rock.

Placing and removing a floor on the magma flow tile turns it into a rough floor of the surrounding stone type, just as if the tile had been mined out normally.  The tile below the magma flow is unaffected, so the floor can then be channeled out to expose the top of the ramp.  A down ramp appears when viewing the upper level, but I have not been able to get the dwarves to actually use the ramp.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2010, 10:35:23 pm »

It's been a while since I've played, so refresh my memory. Cooks aren't supposed to make Masterwork Roasts and spaz out when someone eats them, right?

Image.

I can't imagine what else could have happened, it's only a year-old fort and all he's done is pick veggies and make roasts.

snow-templar

• Bay Watcher
  • I just write the scripts for the kiddies.
    • View Profile
    • If I ever have a site, it will most likely be here...
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2010, 10:38:36 pm »

I got a segfault after accepting a world I generated with custom parameters, but it was a copy of the large region parameters with the only changes being min volcanoism = 20, max volcanoism = 100, and volcanoes = 50.
#!/usr/bin/ruby -w
print 'carp... F'
loop { print 'U' }

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2010, 10:39:56 pm »

It's this way with all jobs.  Dwarves are now supposed to try complete their job instead of running off to get a drink/eat as soon as they're slightly thirsty/hungry, but I think this was taken too far.  Miners especially seem to have trouble recognizing when they can stop working for drink or food.

This is a large problem with the new training system, too, since dwarves will stand there for QUITE a while and dehydrate/starve themselves, thus becoming quite unhappy.
I don't think this is actually a bug. The training dwarves are simply continuing to obey their orders (train with at least X soldiers) until the next shift change. So far, I have been able to avoid this behavior by setting the number of soldiers training to around half of the squad. I haven't been paying close enough attention to see if one of the other spare soldiers not currently training is relieving them or not, but they haven't been hungry or thirsty :-\.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38