Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78234 times)

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2010, 10:45:03 pm »

My skilled miner is holding his pick [multigrasp], while the doctor I shoved into a mining position is holding it in his right hand. Bug, feature or mild quirk?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2010, 10:47:45 pm »

More things.

- Found another creature with a gigantic build, yet again, it was ethereal and could not be harmed.  I'm guessing there's an overflow somewhere?

- Took a lung hit while fighting an ettin.  Despite the mortal wound message I lived long enough to kill the ettin AND his brother, then leave the cave.  The only effect the damaged lung showed was an occasional speed drop, that sometimes didn't even last long enough to show on the next turn (I would just see it flash to the lower number for a split second during the 'turn' processing and be back to normal when I got my move.)  And then despite the mortal wound I was still able to [T]ravel away from the site.  After looting the place.

-Not getting overworld ambushes on the world map. (EDIT: Perhaps Ive just been getting really lucky, I traveled far enough to get 10 or 20 ambushes in 40D though.)

-The tavern mayor is AWOL.  He's not in the tavern, and I can't find him anywhere.(EDIT: That could explain the missing mayor, if warlords don't show up purple I wouldn't have looked at him.  And I didn't check very many hovels.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:00:38 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2010, 10:53:28 pm »

The way the game recognizes mortal wounds is a bit screwy right now. It seems to think that any damage to a vital organ is a mortal wound. I got ambushed by a cougar, so I'm not sure what's causing that issue. As for the mayor, (now called a "warlord") if the town is ruled by a demon, he may simply not be there, since demons live in hovels.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2010, 10:59:20 pm »

Hmmm. Food thieving buzzards are nice to have around, but I'm pretty sure they're not meant to make off with all my delicious vegetables.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2010, 11:00:01 pm »

-Not getting overworld ambushes on the world map.
Ambushes while traveling do occur, though they seem much rarer. So far, my only ambush was a sasquatch... Of course, the first thing that happened was my guy dodged straight into a pool. Unable to get out, my guy eventually drowned.

While spelunking deep under a mountain range, I've come across a few things I'm pretty sure are bugs. I'll put them in a spoiler since it's the new underground stuff...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2010, 11:09:05 pm »

BURROWS:

I have a burrow defined. A farm is in the burrow. I have a furniture stockpile with barrels. The stockpile is outside the burrow.

A dwarf assigned to the burrow went and picked a plump helmet from the farm with the intent of storing it in a barrel. He's been standing there for a month trying to figure out how to get to the stockpile, plump helmet in hand.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2010, 11:12:53 pm »

I've seen posts above about magma, but i'm not sure anyone has tried this. I decided to have my elf adventurer commit suicide instead of dying of hunger. So, he jumped into a magma pool thinking it would be a quick death... Well, after a long time of him slowly melting away (and me having to keep making him stand to continue taking the damage), he eventually bled to death (!?). I'm pretty sure he should have been burned to death way quicker than that.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

newtype0083

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2010, 11:14:11 pm »

Full screen mode: When Alt-Tab is used to switch between programs, returning to DF reveals a considerable shrunken game window. I can see my desktop background and work in the game, but it is about 1/4 the normal full screen size. Each time seems to make it progressively smaller.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2010, 11:14:37 pm »

I seem to be getting these generic Visual C++ runtime errors. They seem totally random.
Everything was fine the first time around, but occasionally when I try to generate a new world..

"This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way."/quote

I got this error when doing searches in embark, memory usage was 1.92 GB/2 GB RAM, and another 3.5 GB in the page file. Windows Vista Ultimate X64. Terminated Dwarfort app and memory dropped to 450MB with about 1 GB in page file. I'd say looks like we got a memory leak.

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2010, 11:28:12 pm »

Also -- occasionally dwarven migrants show up with skill points, but no skills selected. I only noticed this because I had a woodcutter show up, and he left his axe at the edge of the map because he had nothing but hauling skills enabled.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2010, 11:32:41 pm »

tried to build a freestanding staircase out of logs, though i could build the initial upstairs with a log i had to build the rest with (wood) blocks since my dwarfes refused to use logs for that... is this a feature or a bug?

EDIT: actually, on the third level i was able to use logs again as i just noticed... seems somewhat random...

Warmduscher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2010, 11:33:12 pm »

My militia commander is currently wielding three iron battle axes and one copper battle axe in his right hand for some unknown reason (the 6 other dwarves in his squad have normal equipment though) and of course an iron shield in his left hand (don't know if this is bug or feature though :p). Also, I bought a wolf and a fox from the elf traders, but they don't show on the animal tab. They're perfectly friendly and can be assigned in/out of cages, but I can't assign them for slaughter or to be available for dwarves. Also interesting is that an ash creature that I encountered is obviously not unkillable like the undead ones. In fact an axedwarf beheaded it with the first strike.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:40:57 pm by Warmduscher »

Warmduscher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2010, 11:37:00 pm »

Also -- occasionally dwarven migrants show up with skill points, but no skills selected. I only noticed this because I had a woodcutter show up, and he left his axe at the edge of the map because he had nothing but hauling skills enabled.

Yeah, I did notice that too. Had a High Master Engraver without the Detailing labor enabled as immigrant.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2010, 11:38:44 pm »

- I embarked with 1 unit each of donkey's milk, horse's milk, and cow's milk, such that there is one unit each of three different types of milk spread across 3 barrels.  For some reason, I am able to cook them at a kitchen without making them into cheese, so I have my cook make a fine meal with only those three types of milk available to cook.  The result is "cow's milk [3]".  It's not in a barrel, and I can't use it for anything, but for some reason it is still listed on the kitchen screen.  Dwarves do not seem to recognize it as edible food, either, since they won't eat it if everything else is forbidden and they're hungry, therefore I conclude that this is a bug.  However, when cooking the cow's milk with two stacks of prickle berries, I was able to make +cow's milk stew [5]+, and cooking the other two with a prickle berry gave *horse's milk stew [3]*, so maybe milk is supposed to be cookable without being cheese but this is just an unintentional side-effect.

I've noticed this as well.

Edit: The milk thing is probably the same bug as this:
Cooking bug: trying to create wine roasts, the cook combined them into a stack, but failed to make them into the roast (it might actually have been a 'fine' meal rather than a 'lavish' meal, I'm not sure).

Screenie:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Therefore, trying to cook only liquids is probably what causes things to bug out.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:49:28 am by Malicus »

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2010, 11:40:26 pm »

my woodcutter is currently cutting down trees with a wooden training axe... yes, that'll work.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38