Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78105 times)

Rollory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2010, 06:50:05 pm »

I started a "Play now".  I got a bunch of immigrants that had some military skills.  I cannot find how to actually activate them as military.  The 'm' screen, on the 'p'ositions subscreen, has the three headers of Squads/leaders, squad positions, candidates, and nothing else - I can't make squads or put anybody in them or anything.  Not sure if I am missing an interface issue or what.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2010, 07:01:05 pm »

-Upward Ramps designation is messed up.

EDIT: actually, it appears that it's channeling which is messed up, as they keep making upward ramps instead of channeling.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:14:18 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2010, 07:01:38 pm »

Tired dwarves will sleep in hospital beds. This could leave wounded dwarves stranded on the battlefield. Not sure if it's a bug or expected behavior.

thedrelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2010, 07:05:52 pm »

Something seems wrong with mining and drinking.
My miners didn't drink when they where thirsty, but kept mining. They only went to get a drink after going to sleep. By then, they were dehydrated.

Me too. Miners don't seem to drink.

also, in embark screen, if i choose a group name or fortress name, then embark, it crashes. if i don't pick a set of names, it goes fine.
*scribble scribble*

Yes?

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2010, 07:06:29 pm »

In arena mode, I can make elves bowmen, give them bows and ammo, and yet they still proceed to run up to enemies and blugeon them with their bows.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2010, 07:07:48 pm »

I started a "Play now".  I got a bunch of immigrants that had some military skills.  I cannot find how to actually activate them as military.  The 'm' screen, on the 'p'ositions subscreen, has the three headers of Squads/leaders, squad positions, candidates, and nothing else - I can't make squads or put anybody in them or anything.  Not sure if I am missing an interface issue or what.

Yea, the new military screen is really complicated.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2010, 07:08:49 pm »

In arena mode, I can make elves bowmen, give them bows and ammo, and yet they still proceed to run up to enemies and blugeon them with their bows.

I created LOTS of elven bowmen in arena mode, and they were shooting just fine. Did you give them Bowman / Archer skills?
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2010, 07:11:00 pm »

Something seems wrong with mining and drinking.
My miners didn't drink when they where thirsty, but kept mining. They only went to get a drink after going to sleep. By then, they were dehydrated.

Me too. Miners don't seem to drink.

also, in embark screen, if i choose a group name or fortress name, then embark, it crashes. if i don't pick a set of names, it goes fine.
I have observed that dwarves no longer instantly drop what they're doing and run off to eat/drink/sleep. They make an effort to finish what they're doing first. Sometimes they wait until their situation is more serious than simply "hungry" "thirsty" or "tired" before bothering to go and correct it.

I kind of like this -- the dwarves are industrious and know they have work to do, so they put off eating and sleeping so they can get more done.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2010, 07:18:21 pm »

My current embark screen shows the following stones:
Mudstone
Granite
Granite
Diorite
Gabbro
Gabbro
Diorite
Granite
Granite

Clearly some duplication issues.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2010, 07:19:19 pm »

- When digging out large rooms (Seems to bog up for me at larger than 5x5) miners will stop digging out the room and stand around with no job until it is redesignated.  And when re designated they will only dig out the first layer of walls, again ignoring the rest of the designation.  Rooms showing this behavior pretty much have to be designated and dug out one layer of walls at a time.

- There also seems to be some odd behavior with masons building walls, though I haven't figured out the triggering factor yet.  After building a single tile of wall their brains turn off for a time. It also seems to effect other masons working nearby.  It has taken 3 months to build a 3 tile long wall so far.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2010, 07:21:15 pm »

I'm getting a bug where Elven merchants don't seem to want to leave. They've already given the "X has departed" message and they won't trade with me, but all their stuff is still in the depot and they're just hanging out there as if they're still trading with me. I've had other merchants come by and they left just fine, it seems like it's just the elves that are stuck.
LCS Graphical Remake:

https://the-cheshire-cat.itch.io/lcs
Current progress: ~100%

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2010, 07:21:47 pm »

Kill them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2010, 07:24:51 pm »

-I don't see deer meat at the kitchen menu.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2010, 07:25:47 pm »

Got hit with a raindrop in Adventure mode and started melting. Eventually bled to death.

BahamutZERO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2010, 07:26:14 pm »

My current embark screen shows the following stones:
Mudstone
Granite
Granite
Diorite
Gabbro
Gabbro
Diorite
Granite
Granite

Clearly some duplication issues.
You sure it's not just multiple layers of the same type of stone in a row?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38