Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78101 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2010, 08:08:21 pm »

Every time it tries to save the world parameters when creating the world it closes down.

neeever mind >_>; just really slow. If I leave it be it works.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:10:36 pm by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2010, 08:14:49 pm »

My current embark screen shows the following stones:
Mudstone
Granite
Granite
Diorite
Gabbro
Gabbro
Diorite
Granite
Granite

Clearly some duplication issues.
You sure it's not just multiple layers of the same type of stone in a row?
Probably is, but I never saw duplications like that in 40d.
Certainly they can be rolled up into one so that I can see more types of stone?
I didn't think of this as a bug, seeing that on average i have now around 150 layers of stone compared to 32 in the old version.
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2010, 08:24:28 pm »

In adventure mode, my human adventurer killed the forgotten beast leader of a civ, then apparently morphed into a bronze colossus with stats to match and got credit for all the bronze colossus's kills (but none of the ones he killed himself, which wound up being a lot). Then he fell in a pool and drowned.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2010, 08:25:29 pm »

- I've encountered weird things, mostly regarding the military, but I can't easily reproduce them.  I've seen dwarves stand around with their job saying that they're going to a demonstration, but they're just standing in the meeting area.  I've seen only one dwarf attend a demonstration when there were more in the squad who were doing nothing (this may have had to do with fiddling with the "minimum" number for the training, and this was on the same embark as the previous thing I mentioned).  I've seen dwarves retain "go to X demonstration" while assigned to kill something.  I've also seen miners who were previously in the military refuse to mine at all, even though a migrant was happy to do so (someone else reported that their miners weren't mining, so maybe this doesn't have to do with the military).

- An axedwarf went insane while chasing a fox, right about the time he wanted to drink, I think.  He's now spamming Solon Isakdakost, Axedwarf cancels Pickup Equipment: Too insane.  Relatedly, another axedwarf went melancholy and walked over to go to and then WAIT FOR a striking demonstration that never happened.

- The militia commander died.  I replace him, but whenever I go to the military screen, he becomes the militia commander again, despite being dead.  Disbanding his squad corrected this, but it still probably shouldn't happen.

- It seems that a fresh recruit given a crossbow and a quiver with ammo in it will opt to run up to the enemy and bash them with the crossbow.  Is it because the recruit had no skill with the crossbow?  Further experimentation is required.

Something seems wrong with mining and drinking.
My miners didn't drink when they where thirsty, but kept mining. They only went to get a drink after going to sleep. By then, they were dehydrated.

It's this way with all jobs.  Dwarves are now supposed to try complete their job instead of running off to get a drink/eat as soon as they're slightly thirsty/hungry, but I think this was taken too far.  Miners especially seem to have trouble recognizing when they can stop working for drink or food.

This is a large problem with the new training system, too, since dwarves will stand there for QUITE a while and dehydrate/starve themselves, thus becoming quite unhappy.

Butchery:

Organs and whatnot don't show up in the (z) menu, under the Food tab. They also cannot be used as ingredients for cooking, which seems odd.

Actually, it seems as if NO meat is accepted for cooking -- not even just "deer meet".

--Refuse
---Item types only has remains and the raw hides before listing various food categories and items completely unrelated to refuse, like general food categories and furniture

The important thing to get from this is that bone and shell are NOT there.

- There also seems to be some odd behavior with masons building walls, though I haven't figured out the triggering factor yet.  After building a single tile of wall their brains turn off for a time. It also seems to effect other masons working nearby.  It has taken 3 months to build a 3 tile long wall so far.
It seems to be this, as it has happened to me, too:
Smaller bugs:
3. I get Job 'canceled: Drop-off inaccesible' spammage in my game, but dwarves have a clear path. They are set to haul stone between z-levels and sometimes they do fine, but sometimes I get spammed with messages. The situation involves usage of ramps, I am still investigating what is wrong.

I would also like to report something like this, though I'd say its rather Major than small.

It seems that building workshops or constructions, as well as removing them, and possibly removing natural ramps too, creates some kind of disabling 'field' around the site of one square larger than the site + unknown z-levels above and below (at least 1, more testing required). Any dwarf that tries to path through the zone on thier way to somewhere else gets interupted. Any dwarf in the zone (as they will be when interupted) will act like they are isolated i.e. will idle there instead of a meeting zone, will only access resources within the zone or natural resources like rivers.

It does seem to clear itself up after a while if you just wait, but it is extremely awkward.

EDIT: More info. I went and started a new fort to replicate this. It seems that the problem only occurs if you have fully enclosed part of the map. I had locked doors at the entrance to the first fort I saw this in, so I tested with and open fort, then added doors. Sure enough, the issue only turns up when you have yourself sealed in by door, construction or channel.

This started happening to me when I closed off my exploratory shaft, so...  confirm.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2010, 08:44:48 pm »

Arena bug!

If you take control of a creature in the arena and it dies, it gives you the Adventurer death screen of "press esc to finish". But esc doesn't work and neither does ctrl+a to release control and return to the arena.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2010, 08:51:01 pm »

To everyone who experienced pathing bugs and inaccessible items:
Seems like save then load fixes them.

I had most of my dwarves sitting idle and spamming "Drop-off inaccessible" or "Item inaccessible" while everything was accessible. I saved then loaded and everyone immediatelly rushed to their jobs!
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2010, 08:51:54 pm »

Ok this one's strange, if there's some way to explain the problem please do.

I've tried to run my tileset on the new DF but every time I load a game. It always shows the dwarves in the example tileset version.

It's almost as if the example sprites are hard coded in the game.

Any explanation to this would be great.

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2010, 08:53:52 pm »

Ok this one's strange, if there's some way to explain the problem please do.

I've tried to run my tileset on the new DF but every time I load a game. It always shows the dwarves in the example tileset version.

It's almost as if the example sprites are hard coded in the game.

Any explanation to this would be great.

Graphics, along with everything else in the "raw" folder, get copied into the save folder at worldgen.  It's a questionable choice for graphics, though.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2010, 08:54:19 pm »

On the same save, while I'm able to change my keyboard settings, they change back to defaults every time I exit and then re-enter the program.

EDIT: Also, I don't think the game is save my keybindings on exit.

Not sure if either of you knew this already, but on previous versions you need to press a key to save the settings. On the older version that I'm using, it says "s - Export to txt", so you need to press s to save the changes.
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

447ght

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2010, 08:59:18 pm »

To everyone who experienced pathing bugs and inaccessible items:
Seems like save then load fixes them.

I had most of my dwarves sitting idle and spamming "Drop-off inaccessible" or "Item inaccessible" while everything was accessible. I saved then loaded and everyone immediatelly rushed to their jobs!

i had one of these item errors, it seemed to fix itself but at the same time my three mining dwarves simply froze in place. has anyone had a similar problem?

Leerok the Lacerta

• Bay Watcher
  • Linuxer
    • View Profile
    • The Online Journal of Leerok the Lacerta
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2010, 09:00:08 pm »

I put fire men into the water in arena mode. It seems that they're able to evaporate the running water in the canal that divides the arena, but are unable to evaporate the standing water to the southwest.

Temperature was on, of course.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-2055-firemeninwater

LatroPrime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2010, 09:04:52 pm »

-Hit by wave, head begins melting.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2010, 09:06:00 pm »

Bar/block stockpiles cannot accept wooden blocks.

Also, enormous wooden corkscrews weigh 1 or less, depending on the exact wood.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:11:00 pm by Walliard »
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2010, 09:15:25 pm »

I've been able to use random names, at least, for Fortress and Group and had no issues.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

thedrelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2010, 09:16:26 pm »

Something seems wrong with mining and drinking.
My miners didn't drink when they where thirsty, but kept mining. They only went to get a drink after going to sleep. By then, they were dehydrated.

Me too. Miners don't seem to drink.

also, in embark screen, if i choose a group name or fortress name, then embark, it crashes. if i don't pick a set of names, it goes fine.
I have observed that dwarves no longer instantly drop what they're doing and run off to eat/drink/sleep. They make an effort to finish what they're doing first. Sometimes they wait until their situation is more serious than simply "hungry" "thirsty" or "tired" before bothering to go and correct it.

I kind of like this -- the dwarves are industrious and know they have work to do, so they put off eating and sleeping so they can get more done.

I was having this problem too... except whereas my miners eventually gave up and went to get a drink, my craftsman, carpenter, and mason who were set on repeating tasks kept going and going and going and i had to suspend the tasks in order for them to drink. while i appreciate that they dont just drop what theyre doing, every single one of them got a bad thought about complaining of thirst... if they were just being industrious they wouldn't complain.

i agree. if they are trying to finish something and get hungry or thirsty, they should get no bad thoughts, as they are the ones choosing to wait before they eat/drink/whatever.

otherwise, i do agree with lips, it does make them seem more industrious.

also, i have noticed that the dwarves ALL wait to the very last second before going out to drink water, which i assume is because they dislike water. this leaves me with a bunch of blue flashing arrows. very worrying sometimes.
*scribble scribble*

Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38