Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78092 times)

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2010, 07:27:57 pm »

- Stuck-ins don't seem to occur underwater.
- Blizzardmen can be set on fire. This doesn't seem to harm them.
- Firemen can have their flames severed. These flames then just lie around the place.

ein Syndication

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2010, 07:29:42 pm »

Noticed a few other things a while ago, now that the forums are back and I'm awake I guess I'll post 'em.

-Setting a dwarf to hunt does absolutely nothing.
A dwarf migrated in that was decently skilled at ambushing and carpentry, but setting him to hunt had him act just like a normal carpenterdwarf, including long periods of standing around with no job. There was plenty of wildlife, so that wasn't the problem. Even then, I'm not sure how to even set his equipment, that's not on the preference screen any more so I have no idea how to even access such things without trying to get him in an off-duty squad of his own, which seems like it'd mess with his civilian settings anyway.

-Military dwarves set to training don't prefer training weaponry.
Four military dwarves, two training axes, two training swords, but a dwarf wanted to keep the copper axe. He killed a fellow dwarf at some point, but I'm not sure if it was because of a sparring accident or if it was from a tantrum.

The delaying of hunger and thirst while doing tasks also has taken a major toll on my fort, but I consider that more a side effect of the dwarves staying on task. Still, might need some adjusting, if the dwarf that I mentioned above died from a fistfight, I was having deaths from tantrums within my first year. All my military was rather unhappy, listing thoughts of hunger, starvation, thirst, and dehydration. Also had a perfectly healthy dwarf asleep while dehydrated, I guess thirsty wasn't enough of a drive over sleepy.

Also, building a farm underground has to have mud, even on dirt. Doesn't make much sense to me that I can't grow inside plants on it, but I can instead expose it to sunlight and immediately plant outside plants. It does give the needing mud message for both farms, however, and getting the underground dirt muddy lets you grow things just fine.

I'd assume not getting skin from butchering kittens is intentional due to their small size, but I feel like mentioning that as well. I got skin from a calf, at least, but none from a kitten despite sometimes getting up to 6 or so meat from a single large kitten as opposed to 10 from the one calf I looked after.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2010, 07:30:27 pm »

Clothier cancels Make cloth trousers: Needs 10000 plant cloth.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

VPellen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2010, 07:30:39 pm »

Got hit with a raindrop in Adventure mode and started melting. Eventually bled to death.

Damn acid rain, I told them climate change was a serious issue!

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2010, 07:33:14 pm »

Sleeping people don't wake up when hit. I just beat an entire family to death with my axe. if it stuck in someone I twisted it.

They never woke up.
true for 40d too.

VPellen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2010, 07:33:41 pm »

A NOTE ABOUT DIRT AND FARMING:

I think in order to grow a farm, you either need mud, or you need an entire layer of soil underneath the ground you're growing on.

ein Syndication

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2010, 07:37:24 pm »

A NOTE ABOUT DIRT AND FARMING:

I think in order to grow a farm, you either need mud, or you need an entire layer of soil underneath the ground you're growing on.
This actually makes some sense, and if it's true, it would make forts delightfully more difficult.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2010, 07:39:32 pm »

Not for me - I always embark with multiple soil layers.

Then again, my computer is broken, so...

):
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2010, 07:42:28 pm »

Disregard this post.  Fonts are in .bmp format instead of .png now.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:44:17 pm by commondragon »
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2010, 07:47:38 pm »

You stab Iron Man in the right leg from behind with your adamantine short sword, breaking away a piece of the gas and shattering the iron!
The Beak Dog is caught in a burst of Iron Man gas!
Beak Dog vomits into the Iron Man gas.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2010, 07:55:22 pm »

Something seems wrong with mining and drinking.
My miners didn't drink when they where thirsty, but kept mining. They only went to get a drink after going to sleep. By then, they were dehydrated.

Me too. Miners don't seem to drink.

also, in embark screen, if i choose a group name or fortress name, then embark, it crashes. if i don't pick a set of names, it goes fine.
I have observed that dwarves no longer instantly drop what they're doing and run off to eat/drink/sleep. They make an effort to finish what they're doing first. Sometimes they wait until their situation is more serious than simply "hungry" "thirsty" or "tired" before bothering to go and correct it.

I kind of like this -- the dwarves are industrious and know they have work to do, so they put off eating and sleeping so they can get more done.
Toady has mentioned in either the devlog or DFChat that dwarves try to finish whatever their doing before sleep, drinking, eating etc. This is supposed to happen.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2010, 07:56:09 pm »

Anyone else having lots of crashes? Im getting them when I press embark from the site selection screen and when trying to place a unit in the arena

447ght

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2010, 07:58:36 pm »

Something seems wrong with mining and drinking.
My miners didn't drink when they where thirsty, but kept mining. They only went to get a drink after going to sleep. By then, they were dehydrated.

Me too. Miners don't seem to drink.

also, in embark screen, if i choose a group name or fortress name, then embark, it crashes. if i don't pick a set of names, it goes fine.
I have observed that dwarves no longer instantly drop what they're doing and run off to eat/drink/sleep. They make an effort to finish what they're doing first. Sometimes they wait until their situation is more serious than simply "hungry" "thirsty" or "tired" before bothering to go and correct it.

I kind of like this -- the dwarves are industrious and know they have work to do, so they put off eating and sleeping so they can get more done.

I was having this problem too... except whereas my miners eventually gave up and went to get a drink, my craftsman, carpenter, and mason who were set on repeating tasks kept going and going and going and i had to suspend the tasks in order for them to drink. while i appreciate that they dont just drop what theyre doing, every single one of them got a bad thought about complaining of thirst... if they were just being industrious they wouldn't complain.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2010, 08:05:47 pm »

- dead vermin and other refuse in the refuse stockpile on the ground do not decay, have to manualy dump them to clear storage space.
- not sure if its a bug but quarry bush leaves are not edible anymore, the only thing you can do with them is sell them ( they show up as "spice bag", or Spice Barrel").
- underground is REALLY packed with all maner of minerals and metals/gems, i guess this is a testing version to give us guaranteed access to all resources. ATM hitting veins of iron/coal every 5-10 tiles.( on all 3 forts i tested so far).
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2010, 08:08:14 pm »

My current embark screen shows the following stones:
Mudstone
Granite
Granite
Diorite
Gabbro
Gabbro
Diorite
Granite
Granite

Clearly some duplication issues.
You sure it's not just multiple layers of the same type of stone in a row?
Probably is, but I never saw duplications like that in 40d.
Certainly they can be rolled up into one so that I can see more types of stone?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38