Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78231 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2010, 06:14:26 pm »

Is anybody getting a download thing when you click the index stuff at the top above the posts? Its damn annoying....

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2010, 06:17:11 pm »

-Constant "A section of Cavern has collapsed!" spam from -16 z-level at the start of embark. I'll use reveal and see what's down there if it persists.

EDIT: Or at least I will when a compatible version of reveal is released.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 06:27:18 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2010, 06:19:09 pm »

Dead vermin seem to never rot away.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »

Bronze Collosi can only be melted, so far I have observed.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2010, 06:24:21 pm »

Spoiler: HFS Spoiler! (click to show/hide)
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2010, 06:25:45 pm »

When I use shift+numpad to navigate the embark screen it starts shaking around. Leaving the scope of DF and coming back seems to fix it.

VPellen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2010, 06:27:14 pm »

Bugs:
Once got a cave-in underground right after embarking
Hunters that I embark with don't hunt, can't speak of immigrant hunters
Channeling creates ramps
Refuse seems to stick around a lot longer, not sure that's a bug or not, on the subject of refuse:
I can't seem to be able to create a bone, shell or skull stockpile; They're gone from the refuse stockpile item list
Space no longer exits menus (this one is probably the biggest annoyance)

Still extremely fun, mind! I managed to get myself killed by a sudden goblin ambush in the first spring.

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2010, 06:34:59 pm »

It's enough to choke one Hydra head to make it suffocate.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2010, 06:36:14 pm »

It's enough to choke one Hydra head to make it suffocate.

lol, you'd think it would be able to breathe through its other heads.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2010, 06:37:50 pm »

Im getting a crash once I select "Create a New World Now!" or "Design a New World With Parameters"

The error report says that runtime had to end the process in an unusual way (whatever that means).

EDIT: I also can't do arena mode and I just realized that there was a "Microsoft Visualizer C++" at the top of the error report.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 06:40:08 pm by madjoe5 »

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2010, 06:38:15 pm »

You can buy insect brains at embark. What.
Also, they cost 2 points which isn't much, but considering you're buying something that's smaller than a finger nail...

Do they serve as one unit of food, so that one ant brain is as nourishing as a plump helmet? If yes, it wouldn't make sense, but I can't imagine the game distinguishing between those things. On the other hand, Toady has surprised me greatly with this release.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2010, 06:38:49 pm »

My game wont go farther when I create a world, it is stuck on synchronizing.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2010, 06:41:52 pm »

- batmen have "eye tooth" (probably a problem with animal men)!
Eye teeth are real things, unless you're saying that bats specifically don't have them (I don't know, but I assume they do).

Prepared horse brain that I've got on Embark is displayed in "Meat" section of Z-Stocks menu, not Prepared Meals (but it might be desired)
Prepared organs are basically bits that have been scraped clean, made ready to eat - like prepared fish in the last version.
However, as people have pointed out, you can bring along certain vermin brains that you probably shouldn't be able to.

One of them is made out of Saguaro Rib.
The saguaro cactus does have ridges which might be called 'ribs'; I'm not sure if this is deliberate or not.

Clothier cancelled construct silk Bag: Needs 10000 silk cloth.
Not a bug. Cloth is measured in units now.

- There seems to be a problem with making prepared food out of booze.  They drag barrels of booze into the kitchen and then just stand there until they get too hungry/thirsty/tired and then leave.
I've been boozecooking all over the place, and didn't get anything like this. Maybe there's a burrow conflict or something?

More bugs:
- Animalmen become friendly after helping you to fight off deep-HFS (on a reclaim fortress).
- I note that under 'creature extracts' on embark, you can bring along barrels of all manner of blood. Some that are clearly bugs, such as gremlin blood and dragonfly ichor, and some (like cow blood) that maybe make sense.
- There is the wrong sort of apostrophe in some of the raws, so you get a little boxes/chests-symbol instead in creature descriptions.
- Dwarves can sustain three pages of injuries, including "broken heart", and survive indefinitely without bleeding out.
everyone begins to level up to legendary wrestling
- Dwarves seem to be able to level up both wrestling and striking almost instantly, as long as they started out with no military skills at all.

I'm having my dwarves that are constantly busy (woodcutters in a large area, miners with a large designation) be too dedicated to the job, I.E. they are starvng themselves in order to keep working.
This, and becoming exhausted/weary but not giving up.

Also I noticed that for the most part Volcanos seem to have a rather consistant shape to them. Donno if that's a plus or not, but it seem strange.
Yes, surface - magma pipe - volcano things seem to have the exact same cross-section shape all the way down until they hit the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's just an aesthetic thing, but it looks artificial.

- My carpenter has gone into a fey mood, and is requesting body parts.
O/T, I'd just like to say that this is totally awesome. Was the mood successful?

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2010, 06:46:04 pm »

Sleeping people don't wake up when hit. I just beat an entire family to death with my axe. if it stuck in someone I twisted it.

They never woke up.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Rollory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2010, 06:47:02 pm »

I have a novice armorer immigrant.  I set a metalsmith's forge to build.  Requirement: "any metalsmithing".  Armorer lounges around in the dining room doing nothing.  Forge doesn't get built.

Edit - same thing with an immigrant stonecrafter.  I set up a craftshop to do stonecrafts and mugs.  One of the original 7 does it fine.  If I give him a pick and get him mining, the immigrant stonecrafter just sits there doing nothing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:06:53 pm by Rollory »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38