Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 147004 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Man of SCIENCE!!
« Reply #1470 on: July 01, 2010, 11:27:02 pm »

Code: [Select]
[6-1] Upgrade Laptop with Complex Circuitry.
      [3-0] Upgrade for Wi-fi, data sniffing (Might be able to get away with lower quality circuitry)if we get away with lower level circuitry
      [2-0] Unspecified.
      [3-0] Upgrade processor speed and RAM so that more complex programs(IE: AIs) can be run at real-time speeds.
[4-0] Return to lab keeping an eye out for anything useful along the way.
[3-0] Come up with some sort of robot to run/study/analyze biology projects. (Modular of course, compatible with Anklebiter parts)  Biology-Bot
[2-0] If rat is not intoxicated, mix up Hallucinogen+Reactive+Stable and test on rat, but first ponder what might happen.
[2-0] Use 10 Copper Wire , some Pipe (housing) and the Spoon to create an electric motor.
[2-1] If possible create some sort of box from one unit of scrap metal that a robot could use to hold cargo. (It doesn't have to be big)
[1-0] Practice SCIENCE! by trying to upgrade all the basic circuitry.
[2-2] Modularize the Anklebiter for maximum upgrade-ability.
[1-1] Search chemical plant/lab dumpsters for chemicals.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 01, 2010, 11:54:34 pm »

[7-1] Upgrade Laptop with Complex Circuitry.
      [3-0] Upgrade for Wi-fi, data sniffing (Might be able to get away with lower quality circuitry)if we get away with lower level circuitry
      [2-0] Unspecified.
      [3-0] Upgrade processor speed and RAM so that more complex programs(IE: AIs) can be run at real-time speeds.
[3-0] Come up with some sort of robot to run/study/analyze biology projects. (Modular of course, compatible with Anklebiter parts)  Biology-Bot
[2-0] If rat is not intoxicated, mix up Hallucinogen+Reactive+Stable and test on rat, but first ponder what might happen.
[2-0] Use 10 Copper Wire , some Pipe (housing) and the Spoon to create an electric motor.
[2-1] If possible create some sort of box from one unit of scrap metal that a robot could use to hold cargo. (It doesn't have to be big)
RAM added a subvote to the laptop thing without adding to main. Adjusted.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 02, 2010, 01:54:33 am »

I count 7 votes for laptop, divided in 3, 2 and 3... Well, I guess that's one less undecided vote. Also, to maximize confusion, I will vote for it, making the vote total 8 again.

[8-1] Upgrade Laptop with Complex Circuitry.
      [1-0] Unspecified.
      [4-0] Upgrade processor speed and RAM so that more complex programs(IE: AIs) can be run at real-time speeds.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 02, 2010, 02:39:05 am »

RAM did vote, it was a negative vote, indicating an opposition to the idea of spending the circuitry that way but support for more RAM if it comes to that.
      [1-0] Unspecified.
      [4-0] Upgrade processor speed and RAM so that more complex programs(IE: AIs) can be run at real-time speeds.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 02, 2010, 04:02:43 am »

I wasn't kidding when I said you guys really had problems counting. ._.;
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 02, 2010, 04:34:56 am »

[1-0] Unspecified.
Sorry, the subvote took me by surprise, I think that the rest is in order, unless someone has been fiddling with the counts or voting more than once...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 02, 2010, 09:13:03 am »

X_X

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 02, 2010, 09:19:55 am »

I re-added EagleV vote in too

[5-0] Upgrade processor speed and RAM so that more complex programs(IE: AIs) can be run at real-time speeds.
      [1-0] Unspecified.

Actual vote now for subvote for complex-Circuitry since actual like one the options. xtank5 I notice early in thread you add more votes because people did not vote in the subvote please do not do that again for you not vote balancers for you can only place 1 vote on each options of choices. For only more then 1 vote in options is when a person skip over like what happen to EagleV vote. People if you remove vote complete from options please tell everyone why you did .

Also ps maxicaxi vote for two options in Upgrade Laptop with Complex Circuitry
Also assume unspecified one that left is xtank5 voteing

Rules for voting that I following
  • Each person can place one vote on any options of there choice, it does not matter what options for both even if does not make sense.
  • Each Person can also add new option to what voting on.
  • Only time you may add more 1 vote is person follow rules voting is skip over but must specify why.
  • You can not change vote count to anything but a finite of number.
  • Which as consequence of not following rules that mean that their vote don't count, though they can revote properly themself later.
  • if voting has not started then you may count them upand turn them into vote system which must be inside code tag
  • if voting has not started then you may count them upand turn them into vote system which must be inside code tag
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 02, 2010, 11:49:19 am »

[5-0] Upgrade processor speed and RAM so that more complex programs(IE: AIs) can be run at real-time speeds.
      [1-0] Unspecified.
So with 9 votes for specific suboptions, but only 8 (positive) votes in total?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 02, 2010, 11:53:44 am »

So with 9 votes for specific suboptions, but only 8 (positive) votes in total?
RAM did vote, it was a negative vote, indicating an opposition to the idea of spending the circuitry that way but support for more RAM if it comes to that.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 02, 2010, 12:16:05 pm »

Then the votes should look like this: [9-2].

Also, the reason I put those unspecified votes in was because their votes were unspecified.  I also voted for the Wi-fi upgrade, in fact, I added it to the list. 

REAL mad scientists don't ponder! Thanks for clearing up the circuitry thing, kind of odd though. So would Complex Circuitry be like a motherboard or something?
[2-0] If rat is not intoxicated, mix up Hallucinogen+Reactive+Stable and test on rat, don't ponder what might happen.
[4-0] Upgrade Laptop with Complex Circuitry.
      [1-0] Upgrade for Wi-fi, data sniffing (Might be able to get away with lower quality circuitry)
      [1-0] Unspecified.
[1-0] Return to lab keeping an eye out for anything useful along the way.
[1-0] If possible create some sort of box from one unit of scrap metal that a robot could use to hold cargo. (It doesn't have to be big)
[2-0] Modularize the Anklebiter for maximum upgrade-ability.
[2-0] Come up with some sort of robot to run/study/analyze biology projects. (Modular of course, compatible with Anklebiter parts)
Here I noticed some voting syntax problems and I fixed them.
Is anybody going to specify how they want to upgrade the Laptop?
By modularize the Anklebiter, I meant to make it easy to take off the camera and throw it on the Biology-Bot or to re-use the chassis with control unit, motor and wheels.

[4-0] Upgrade Laptop with Complex Circuitry.
      [1-0] Upgrade for Wi-fi, data sniffing (Might be able to get away with lower quality circuitry)
      [3-0] Unspecified.
[2-0] Modularize the Anklebiter for maximum upgrade-ability.
[2-0] Come up with some sort of robot to run/study/analyze biology projects. (Modular of course, compatible with Anklebiter parts)  Biology-Bot
[1-0] Return to lab keeping an eye out for anything useful along the way.
[1-0] If possible create some sort of box from one unit of scrap metal that a robot could use to hold cargo. (It doesn't have to be big)

I can see how some people would get confused by the voting system.

The way I see it working, we vote for what we want to do, either voting for or against something (or not at all), and adding more things to vote for (if we have anything to add), hopefully reasoning why in each post.  In the case of a subvote, we would just further be voting for what to do in a certain action. 

For example, we might be voting for what to do for the day:
a: Vote in a new Mayor (Urist or Tholtig).
  c: Urist
  d: Tholtig
b: Party.

Each person who votes to vote for mayor would then vote for the mayor they want.  I guess we could have done it a less confusing way though:
A: Vote in Urist for Mayor.
B: Vote in Tholtig for Mayor.
C: Party.

I had introduced the sub-vote as a way to reduce similar votes and clutter, but I guess it just added more lines and confusion.  I guess we should just go for similar votes next turn.  Next turn so we don't confuse anyone this turn.  From now on I'll try to explain things as I introduce them instead of after.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 02, 2010, 03:24:31 pm »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 02, 2010, 03:30:42 pm »

???
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1483 on: July 02, 2010, 04:54:43 pm »

Bah, we're a mad scientist, who needs counting? Besides, this is a voting system we're talking about here, and those always go wrong somehow.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 02, 2010, 06:10:37 pm »

I wanted the turbine and compressor section of a turbocharger from the diesel engine. Which we can easily modify into a turbine engine, which we can use to power our go-kart style killbot/personal transportation. I hate  using the bus. Also just like the batmobile.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 140