Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 147061 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Man of SCIENCE!!
« Reply #225 on: March 27, 2010, 02:41:13 am »

Then to the junkyard, and do we have any cash?
If so we should buy some food(as bait) and a multi-meter
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 27, 2010, 02:48:44 am »

It's settled, then! One unit of the Hallucinogen is plenty for all four weapons.

You head to the junkyard regardless of having literally no money and

JESUS CHRIST IT'S COLD

You grit your teeth and bear it, for SCIENCE. You take a measure of comfort in that the junkyard is nearby and the security guard is almost always asleep. If you take medium-sized or large-sized items, your many Lab Coat of SCIENCE! pockets won't suffice to carry it. You can hold a medium item in each arm or carry one large item with you at a time.

You guide the Spiked Koopa Anklebiter as you walk. It's rather enjoyable, but all too soon you've arrived. The rows of cars stretch as far as you can see - not far as the light from the street lamps fades, to be fair. There's a warehouse off to the side, but the guard there is more vigilant, if you recall correctly.

-=-

Wearing:
- White Lab Coat of SCIENCE!
- Safety Goggles of SCIENCE!
- Black Gloves of SCIENCE!
- Black Boots of SCIENCE!
- Tool Belt of SCIENCE!

Inventory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Parts:
Chemicals:

Knowledge:
- Primary Discipline: KILLBOTICS (level 3)
- Secondary Disciplines: BIOLOGY (level 2)
- Tertiary Disciplines: PHYSICS (level 1), PROGRAMMING (level 1), CHEMISTRY (level 0)
- Formulae: 3
- Inventions: 5

Health:
- No wounds
- No drugs in system
- Well fed, well-hydrated

Negligible Fame
Mild Megalomania

Current Lab: Metal Workbench, Amateur Chemistry Set (Portable), Outdated Laptop (Portable)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 27, 2010, 02:51:45 am »

Look for cool stuff, specifically electric motors, digital cameras, copper wire, solder, weapons, chassis's, and circuit boards

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 27, 2010, 02:54:54 am »

Try to talk to the guard of the warehouse, just chat, if he finds you suspicios just say you are taking a <time of day> walk for relaxation, then  when you sneakily find out what is in the warehouse decide wheter or not to spike him with the Koopa bot
AS - IG

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2010, 02:57:26 am »

I don't mean any offense, but this is not a combat simulator. If you go around hurling bombs at people, tasering them, sic-ing robots on them, looting guarded warehouses, etc., you will be jailed, and the game will presumably end.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 27, 2010, 03:07:12 am »

You begin scavenging - your PRIDE is unharmed because you are refusing to kneel to any man to obtain these items.

You-

Freaking Jackpot.

You move from car to car, searching inside the hoods, prying open dashboards with the tools from your tool belt, slicing upholstery just in case, and the like, to harvest:

Copper Wire [x31]
Simple Circuitry [x4]
Basic Circuitry [x5]
Average Circuitry [x1]
Cloth [x16]
Leather [x4]

You find no digital cameras (why did you expect to find that here?), no solder (you want tin-based soft solder, again, not something you'd find here), and a great deal of chassis, all of which are much too large to take. You look under the hoods to try to find motors, the cold forgotten in your excitement, but those are rather large as well. The tires and wheels, too, would be difficult to harvest, especially without making enough noise to draw the guards. You notice a great many cars in another area are devoid of tires and their insides have been devoured - those goods should be in the warehouse, but casually approaching said warehouse would not end well, seeing as how it's inside the fence. You would have to get him away, presumably, or sneak past him - but the size of the objects you would have to carry out would likely betray you if he was there to notice you.

Alas, the difficulties of SCIENCE.

-=-

Wearing:
- White Lab Coat of SCIENCE!
- Safety Goggles of SCIENCE!
- Black Gloves of SCIENCE!
- Black Boots of SCIENCE!
- Tool Belt of SCIENCE!

Inventory:
Parts:
Chemicals:

Knowledge:
- Primary Discipline: KILLBOTICS (level 3)
- Secondary Disciplines: BIOLOGY (level 2)
- Tertiary Disciplines: PHYSICS (level 1), PROGRAMMING (level 1), CHEMISTRY (level 0)
- Formulae: 3
- Inventions: 5

Health:
- No wounds
- No drugs in system
- Well fed, well-hydrated

Negligible Fame
Mild Megalomania

Current Lab: Metal Workbench, Amateur Chemistry Set (Portable), Outdated Laptop (Portable)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2010, 03:13:07 am »

Go home
Build 2 Rudimentary Control Units

Is it possible to switch the Digital Camera on the Anklebiter to a different robot without penalty?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2010, 03:20:30 am »

Yeah, switching it is fine. You don't need to build Rudimentary Control Units, by the way, you have the parts for normal ones, and a normal Control Unit supports better programming.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 27, 2010, 03:46:16 am »

I dont feel the murdering vibe. A killbot is a killbot, sure.. but turning little Anklebiter out to murder a sleeping security guard?
For those that have yet to earn our ire-- I propose a knock-out gas dispenser:

Water bottle + leather + copper wire + basic circuit + solder, with the payload, reactive + sedative

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2010, 03:57:35 am »

Actually, it would be more like having the Anklebiter jab him with Hallucinogen stabby-things

And the WAREHOUSE guard is awake, the gate guard is asleep.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 27, 2010, 04:04:20 am »

Hm. Feasibility of killing the junkyard guard while he's vulnerable in order to grab the gun and torch he presumably has?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2010, 04:13:15 am »

He's asleep, you have a switchblade. Do the math.

But as someone (*Coughcheesecough*) said, everything you do will have consequences. So choose carefully. :D
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2010, 04:30:07 am »

Probable consequence would be heightened security at the junkyard, which has already been picked over. Although the engines and scrap metal might be useful.

So. Minimal risk, small gain, and a minor guaranteed loss. A pistol is hard to use in a killbot, so I guess it's not a good idea.

Head back. What we need is a robot buddy to do menial tasks. I guess humanoid robots are beyond us right now? Try designing a portable steam engine that would use a kettle or something and some of the metal stuff lying around.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:31:57 am by Wimdit »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2010, 04:59:16 am »

Hm, we could use something to cut those cars up.
Combine the water bottle with the pipe, drill holes in the pipe to allow air to mix, construct a smal pump using a motor and make an ignition system with the copper wires, we should have a blow torch of some sort using gasoline as fuel.Now we can secretly salvage the chassies in parts rather than big bulky car sizes
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2010, 05:04:20 am »

Reminders, answers, and useful info:

Places where you can Search for Refuse re-accumulate trash over time and stores restock over time. You can search the same place again in a few weeks or even a few days in some places and find more useful items. You can also look for things you weren't looking for before - for instance, you likely (haven't done the rolls) skipped a few empty soda cans that could make good Small Casings because you weren't looking for them.

A humanoid robot takes higher PROGRAMMING, mostly. Level 3 KILLBOTICS gets you up through constructing and using Basic Circuitboards and <No Modifier> Control Units, and simple humanoid robots start with those.

KILLBOTICS depends heavily on PROGRAMMING. Level 1 PROGRAMMING uses direct remote control and simple IF/THEN/ELSE commands like the Anklebiter's stabbing; it's entirely inadequate for a humanoid robot. Level 2 gets you laptop console control (if you have a powerful enough laptop and sufficiently strong signal equipment) and basic autonomy for rovers and other land-based killbots. Level 3 gets you the fundamentals of a humanoid robot, but for them to do something like rob a bank for you, that would take at least level 4 if you supervised it and level 5 if you wanted them to have a good chance of success on their own (of course, the PROGRAMMING skill would be accompanied with similar improvements in your KILLBOTICS).

Technically you could make a humanoid robot now if you found and assembled suitable parts. It just wouldn't do anything yet. When you do start making humanoid automatons, it'll be good for you  to have CPUs and such, because they'll need them.

Also, take note of anything I warn you about - I won't say you CANNOT do something stupid, but I'll caution you about it. If you ignore that it's your own fault. Though I'll give time for wiser or more survival-oriented contributors to chime in.

Jopax: Good attempt, but you're not getting a pump out of a Small Electric Motor. Valiant effort though.

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 140