Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 147098 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Man of SCIENCE!!
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2010, 01:49:01 am »

Design the ankelbiter with the following changes:
 -Wheels larger than body, so it can flip and still have wheel contact.
 -Use a taser or some means of electrocution instead of a knife. A knife to the ankle will stop no-one.

Also, let's use our biology skill to grow some penicillin. It's far shy of evil, but it would be good to have in case we screw up. Then make phosphorous producing E. Coli. We will infest the cities with the glowing plague!

And if we find a switchblade knife, modify to shoot the blade.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2010, 01:54:21 am »

But we don't have a taser. Upgrades can come later, for now we just need more experience.

Idea!
1 Control Unit + 1 Simple Circuitry + 1 Copper Wire + 1 Solder = dual-channel control unit
Same as a normal control unit, but able to swap between two different bots.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2010, 01:59:36 am »

You can't hold back!

No more! It's time for SCIENCE!

You make the Rudimentary Control Unit handily; it takes hardly a moment.
[-1 Solder, -1 Copper Wire, -1 Basic Circuitry, -1 Simple Circuitry, +1 Rudimentary Control Unit]

The Anklebiter follows shortly. It takes barely half an hour to remount the wheels and such.
[You can see the Anklebiter reciple down there anyway, I'm not listing it here.]

You wait to put weaponry on it until you complete testing it.

Your programming goes off without a hitch, though it takes some time; you feel you've gotten the hang of the basics of tying the Control Unit to the remote and coding up the movement routines from scratch. You could do it without a book now. You were always a fast learner. Comes with being A GENIUS.

Programming is level 1.

You look at your code but you can't think of a way to improve it yet.

The Small Motor plans mostly work, but you realize that it would be good to add a Small Casing, easily fashioned from a cannibalized soda can or cardboard carton. You eye your metal pipes and realize it would be easy to retool one of them into a casing if you needed it, actually. Of course, the Digital Camera is more advanced than that at this point; you need more experience PROGRAMMING to know what goes into it electronically.

You look at the switchblade, but it doesn't seem like it would work well on the Anklebiter - the blade is very short.

You look for wheels larger than the Anklebiter's chassis but are disappointed to find none; that upgrade will have to wait.

You disregard the two-channel control unit idea; your remote already reaches a wide range of frequencies. It's how you stole the remote control cars you dismantled from those kids at the park last week, after all!

Your PHYSICS knowledge makes producing a taser a viable option if you can find a suitable set of parts for it, you realize, but you don't have any batteries. Well, you have a few. They're mostly dead. You harvested them for battery acid....

-=-

Wearing:
- White Lab Coat of SCIENCE!
- Safety Goggles of SCIENCE!
- Black Gloves of SCIENCE!
- Black Boots of SCIENCE!
- Tool Belt of SCIENCE!

Inventory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Parts:
Chemicals:

Knowledge:
- Primary Discipline: KILLBOTICS (level 3)
- Secondary Disciplines: BIOLOGY (level 2)
- Tertiary Disciplines: PHYSICS (level 1), PROGRAMMING (level 1), CHEMISTRY (level 0)
- Formulae: 3
- Inventions: 5

Health:
- No wounds
- No drugs in system
- Well fed, well-hydrated

Negligible Fame
Mild Megalomania

Current Lab: Metal Workbench, Amateur Chemistry Set (Portable), Outdated Laptop (Portable)

(Sorry, the thumbtacks and pushpins disappeared somehow)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 02:05:05 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2010, 02:04:48 am »

To the junkyard!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ZiggZugg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2010, 02:06:27 am »

It's not much, but we could perhaps solder some tacks and the like onto the frame of the anklebiter? The increased defense should mitigate most attempts to try and pick it up.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2010, 02:07:07 am »

What? Cool, we can make motors without magnets. We're pretty good at this.

To the junkyard!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2010, 02:07:17 am »

Get some rechargeable batteries. High-power batteries can be bought at specialty outlets for remote control cars and planes KILLBOTICS. Or... stolen by out anklebiter-spybot, which needs a grabber arm for stealing things pronto. That's way more useful than a knife. Oh, and we need a taser knife. Put that on the to-do list.

...if I ever open up a hobby store, I'm calling it KILLBOTICS.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2010, 02:08:51 am »

What? Cool, we can make motors without magnets. We're pretty good at this.

To the junkyard!

Sorry to DP, but...
A brushless electric motor is extremely easy to make when you get the hang of it. You just need a rod, a suitable metal hub, and lots of copper wire.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2010, 02:11:54 am »

You haven't equipped your Anklebiter with anything yet, though, and-

Oh

OH

YES

SCIENCE!

You quickly figure out the pattern for maximum coverage with minimal tacks. You attach the forks and knives while you're at it for good measure. You can take them off if they produce sub-satisfactory result anyway.

[-6 thumbtacks, -1 solder, -2 knives, -2 forks, +1 invention: SPIKED KOOPA STATUS Anklebiter]

You realize you already had two rechargeable batteries - you never bothered to remove them from the remote controlled car chassis.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2010, 02:14:44 am »

Great. Power it with one and electrify the spikes with the other.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2010, 02:15:50 am »

Now, try to mix some of the chemicals to create a mild explosive, then encase it in something, then encase that something in acid or base, and then another container around it, place it in the killbot, this way if the need arises we have a self-destruct option :D
Also a vote to finally go to the junkyard, look for free stuff and maybe ask for a night-time job
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2010, 02:17:36 am »

Use spoons for extended blade.
Consider Plans: Bayonet: 2 Spoon + 1 Solder + 1 Switchblade
Create Bayonet
Attach Bayonet to Anklebiter
Reprogram Anklebiter

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2010, 02:18:25 am »

A NIGHT-TIME JOB is beneath our station! It would harm our PRIDE.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2010, 02:19:23 am »

but it would allow you to get free STUFF. or, you could trade the robot for parts 'n' shit.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2010, 02:21:13 am »

We wouldnt really be working security.. yet, I do see your point. Get the lackey to take the job for you, then, and let you in the back when his boss leaves.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 140