Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102902 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13665 on: February 02, 2017, 04:27:33 pm »

Ran into a human axelord... Didn't think these ever came to be, was pretty impressed... After he declined to join me, saying his place was here, I initiated combat with him, and proceeded to be decapitated in a single hit...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13666 on: February 02, 2017, 04:29:24 pm »

Yeah, remember my party trick of smacking someone into the air and cutting their head off?

Can I wack that into my sig?
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13667 on: February 02, 2017, 06:30:00 pm »

Library quest still in effect, Num Muddyboots slow travels NW along the main road from Lettersnarling to fortress Brushedlashed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At library-less Brushedlashed, a funny little thing in inventory population occurs. Num trades an +iron battle axe+ to peasant Nish Whipstars for a large iron knife. After spending the night at the tavern, then waiting one hour intervals to settle his bill with the tavern keeper (never happens), Num notices (during the site offloads) that Nish has been given another knife and has received a decoration upgrade to his «+iron battle axe+».
With little else to do, it's time to head NE for fortress Paddlefolds.

All the dwarven settlements in this area lie along the mountain range called The Last Tower. When Num had just started out, the mayor of hillock Drinkabbeys had mentioned a roc residing somewhere in The Last Tower. When operating out of hillock Fortresswaves during his stint hunting wolves and bears, and when traveling in slow travel mode, Num has avoided being too close to the range.

Fast travel mode protects your character from the danger of stumbling onto a hostile site as you'd see a zoom-in and know there was some sort of lair, camp or cave in the area.

In slow travel mode, the only useful precautions for early level characters (<lvl 6) are keeping ambusher and visible tracking on with an eye out for damaged vegetation/tracks, staying close to the main road, only coastal travel, and/or travel over mountain ranges. Num decides to keep with the main road and cross mountain range The Last Tower to reach Paddlefolds. This seems to be the safest path.

At library-less Paddlefolds Num asks about the surrounding area and is told there are deer, elk and moose in The Forests of Trailing. Again it sounds like there are untold numbers of outcasts, but Num wagers a guess. Maybe some of these non-soldier/non-civilian mentioned aren't outcasts of the sort commonly expected? Who are these non-professioned humans, elves, and dwarves?
Num crosschecks the mention of Atu Palmterror the human and the location in the "Bring up specific incident or rumor" menu. The location Spideryboils crops up in the grouping of sites that are of bandit origin. This is a hidden history world where it's possible not all information is made available to the questioner.

Num leapfrogs via fast travel in the direction of The Forests of Trailing and tundra and brings down a bull moose after passing on a lone deer and flocks of reindeer. He was hoping for muskox, but moose is just as good.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13668 on: February 02, 2017, 08:27:51 pm »

Oh man, the pain of trying to track down a library sometimes is awful.

Less awful when you don't mind zooping yourself across the map with wizardry, but still.
Yeah, remember my party trick of smacking someone into the air and cutting their head off?

Can I wack that into my sig?
It really was the worst party ever though.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13669 on: February 02, 2017, 09:09:12 pm »

Worse when you find out it's been destroyed and there's not a single trace of any books. (Just bookshelves, IIRC.)

* Bumber shakes his fist at FBs.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:13:18 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13670 on: February 02, 2017, 09:39:21 pm »

Tried out a wren man adventurer, that was sure interesting. Hardly ever used my flight, it was only really useful for getting away from combat and whenever I gathered a lot of knives to throw down at foos. Sure made navigating cities easier though, and rivers weren't a problem. Real problem was I had only my starting clothes, never found anything that fit me.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13671 on: February 03, 2017, 08:40:43 am »

Worse when you find out it's been destroyed and there's not a single trace of any books. (Just bookshelves, IIRC.)

* Bumber shakes his fist at FBs.
funny you mention that, as I'm currently testing out the ai of an adventuring hearthsperson lobster forgotten beast.
and so far it seems like if you start one under ruling leadership they act docile.
sadly I'm now stuck trying to get the creature to learn how to talk through dfhack.
if push comes to shove I might have to resort to forgottenbeast-were or what do you call a beast turning into a human
current plans are to make an well known forgotten beast in at least positive light.
atan seems to carry 2 daggers in each pincer and is cover in fur.
edit: okay figured out I need to check the caste flags if I want the creature to learn how to talk.
some how there 2 sets of raw token flags that may or may not prevent the adv from talking unless checked.
still have an companion human following a hairy lobster who carry only a dagger and spear and currently going to stab some bandits... crud I probably should get the quest for atan so they don't end up peg as a massive murderer.

edit: so telekinesis is nuts like you can throw an item then aim the item midthrow.
also one could throw the same item a thousand times.
and the funny thing is all these knives would apply blunt force damage which due to if you put enough speed on the pitch  the force alone starts ripping the victim apart and send them flying.
so i spent an encounter chucking axes at the feet of this one rude bandit and launching the weapons into the air to then tk them straight down on their heads and the kicker is the axe hasn't finish flying up yet.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:55:57 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13672 on: February 03, 2017, 07:35:06 pm »

Oh shit when I rebuilt my scripts I didn't have a copy of tk, post it up!

Nevermind, was searching here instead of the dfhack thread, found it there.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could have questport do a brief wait to give you an army pos/move you if you're not in travel mode yet.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:46:11 pm by Max™ »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13673 on: February 03, 2017, 10:19:26 pm »

Oh shit when I rebuilt my scripts I didn't have a copy of tk, post it up!

Nevermind, was searching here instead of the dfhack thread, found it there.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could have questport do a brief wait to give you an army pos/move you if you're not in travel mode yet.
look up waypoint and portal, as warmist done something to that idea.

so uhh completed a quest to murder a giant and realized oh yeah everyone outside of the lord and civ I work for at thinks of my forgotten beast as a dangerous animal.
this gonna make finding where this bandit group is in this swamp alot harder.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13674 on: February 03, 2017, 10:29:43 pm »

I'll check em out, but first I can't figure out how to make telekinesis grab the item with the first use of the script and aim it with the second so I don't have to go over to the terminal to run it.

Yeah, that's got me stumped, I'm sure it would be possible to do something like building plugin does where you can draw the line with the cursor on screen and use that to aim the items/confirm it but I can't manage to get it to run with a keybinding currently.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 11:38:08 pm by Max™ »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13675 on: February 04, 2017, 04:09:03 am »

I'll check em out, but first I can't figure out how to make telekinesis grab the item with the first use of the script and aim it with the second so I don't have to go over to the terminal to run it.

Yeah, that's got me stumped, I'm sure it would be possible to do something like building plugin does where you can draw the line with the cursor on screen and use that to aim the items/confirm it but I can't manage to get it to run with a keybinding currently.

so here the deal, oh boy it's stupid hard to figure out how to get the script to work well with keybindings has it needs 2 pointers to draw a line.
i had mine set up with using the terminal because of that.
probably doable if one swap the first pointer to being where ever  the adventurer is standing and use that for keybind use.
though you do lose out on aiming the item away from the adventurer but you gain an easier "dup throw" set up
probably best to make a separate tk script for it then.

edit:
okay figured out how to modified telekinesis to work with keybindings. the result lead to discovering it works surprisingly well on minecarts which means one could kick off at insane speeds by looking in a direction and stop a minecart by looking at themselves.

still kinda wondering if there any modded being can withstand a minecart crash at 500000 urist speed?
seems like a universal constant that no demi god, god, or being no matter how marysue op they are can survive being thrown into a wall. even the dead will splat.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:46:19 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13676 on: February 04, 2017, 05:32:15 am »

Me and my group of 9 decently trained and armed soldiers waltzed into a Hydra cave, expecting another animal or night creature like we'd gotten time and time again... Well, that hurt. Bit our one dwarf right in half, his upper body exploding in gore. Managed to cut a neck off from that with my two hander though, then a couple spears got lodged in his upper body and necks. A few bolts were being shot at faces, and axes and hammers were mostly just bruising muscle. I cut at another neck, missed horribly, jumped out of the way of a bite, and then cut a toe off... Then got bit and shook around until my right leg fell off, and watched myself and my crew be mauled to death. But hey, we caused some serious injury to the hydra, got two heads off it, a pair of toes, and mangled some flesh beyond recognition, I'd say we did good.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13677 on: February 04, 2017, 06:26:12 am »

^At least you didn't slam into yourself... somehow.

so here the deal, oh boy it's stupid hard to figure out how to get the script to work well with keybindings has it needs 2 pointers to draw a line.
i had mine set up with using the terminal because of that.
probably doable if one swap the first pointer to being where ever  the adventurer is standing and use that for keybind use.
though you do lose out on aiming the item away from the adventurer but you gain an easier "dup throw" set up
probably best to make a separate tk script for it then.

edit:
okay figured out how to modified telekinesis to work with keybindings. the result lead to discovering it works surprisingly well on minecarts which means one could kick off at insane speeds by looking in a direction and stop a minecart by looking at themselves.
Me: 'Well shit, this looks fascinating, and it works with minecarts too? Fuck yeah, to the arena!'
*make a cart*
*hop on*
*aim cursor a bit ahead of me*
*hit the keybinding*
*everything gets weird*

Naturally the first thing I tried was to see if I could cut my own head off, sadly no, but I ran the script a bit further where I was heading to see if it caught up... and well, the other me did disappear, but I bounced off the wall, so I went back and hopped on the cart to try and skip it across the water, and you know how I said it got weird before?

I uh... may have spoken too soon.

Can't make the cart do any sick jumps though, but I'll definitely fuck around with it since it's hilarious.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13678 on: February 04, 2017, 08:26:38 am »

uhh just walk myself into a gang war.
 the poisonous treasuries  are fighting the harmonious bells mostly due to probably walking into both of the outlaw bands forcing them to tent up at the same time.
oh and learn you can learn alot by asking about a your personal opinion on a person.

so this marks the first time i seen a bandit fight someone that not either my adventurer or my companion... and it's another bandit from different faction

note to self see if it possible to lure 2 gangs together to force them to fight.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:29:23 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13679 on: February 04, 2017, 09:35:31 pm »

Num leaves Paddlefolds and returns home via fast travel leap to Drinkabbey as he's hauling 250 arrows and the corpses of 2 grizzlies, 2 black bears, and 19 wolves. All this brings him down to a fine 0.099 sprint speed. That's no way to slow travel.

On break from the library quest, he scouts around Drinkabbey's periphery looking for a good location to build camp, which he finds just SW adjacent to a stream.

Through happenstance, Num finds a location with walls made of red sand requiring only roofing and a front door. He constructs the interior walls and roof from logs of ash.
During the build the 19 wolves rot, one black bear corpse is broken down into meat, while the other was accidentally dropped into a campfire while incinerating seeds left over from making fisherberry wine. For safekeeping, the grizzlies were stuffed into barrels.

Time to head SE to the next mountain range and fortress Mobpages.
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1104