Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100086 times)

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7995 on: April 04, 2015, 04:24:17 pm »

If you can bet on the fact that the distance to travel will be huge (and this mountain range is extremly huge) then the normal way can be quite handy:
Food and water/blood.
If I had traveled with fast-travel I surely would have died of dehydration as there were too few sources of water. Too sparsely in between.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: April 04, 2015, 04:49:02 pm »

speaking of underground tunnels, anyone noticed how very slow to react the cave crocodiles are despite their raws have [LARGE_PREDATOR] ?
On my attempt at traveling down there i had to dance in front of any cave crocodile for any of them to decide to try to get to me.

In opposite, rats weren't slow to react, as soon as they saw me they always ran away as fast as they could.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: April 04, 2015, 05:18:11 pm »

Slow travel gives the opportunity to train Ambushing and Crutch-Walking.
Nearly half an hour and daylight greeted me.
And a yeti.
I guess he is sated now.
See, you blew it, man. Shoulda got that Ambushing up while you were slow traveling.

Fishanchips

• Bay Watcher
  • Look! The cliffs of INSANITY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: April 04, 2015, 05:19:03 pm »

Decided to take on troglodytes.
Bad idea, overexert myself and fall unconscious.
Apparently what happened was the troglodytes beat on my head for so long them overexerted THEMSELVES
and fell unconscious. I took no chances when I woke up and strangled them to death.

STRANGLED THEM ALL
http://wiki.ss13.co/images/c/c8/ClownandAlien.jpeg

A screeching clown car pulls up to the safe house!
Circus members pour out of it and start throwing pies at the windows!

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: April 04, 2015, 06:00:24 pm »

speaking of underground tunnels, anyone noticed how very slow to react the cave crocodiles are despite their raws have [LARGE_PREDATOR] ?
On my attempt at traveling down there i had to dance in front of any cave crocodile for any of them to decide to try to get to me.

Are you sure they saw you?
I ask because of the vision cone.
If you aren't sure, go in sneak mode and you can see, if they spotted you.

See, you blew it, man. Shoulda got that Ambushing up while you were slow traveling.

Then I would have wasted a lot more time.
Sneaking reduces the walking speed (at least at first) and I knew that I would need a lot of time to manage the way.

Fun fact:
Entered the dwarven highway at the other side so I could see how large the magma pool is.
It is expanding.
And there are some inhabited mountain halls along the way.
And only downward slopes.
I have to watch Legends Mode regularly...

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: April 04, 2015, 06:14:53 pm »

Found what appears to be a pair of lesbian lovers. A lady and a Lady Consort in the same Mead Hall. Everyone else there was a solider.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: April 04, 2015, 06:18:14 pm »

Then I would have wasted a lot more time.
Sneaking reduces the walking speed (at least at first) and I knew that I would need a lot of time to manage the way.
It isn't time wasted if you develop skills from it. Patience will be rewarded. Sneaking doesn't reduce walking speed though, only the faster speeds. You could jog stretches of the trip to make faster time and still develop Ambushing and more importantly Agility and Spatial/Kinesthetic Senses.

Crutch-walking definitely slows your rate, but I still think it's worth it, esp in frozen months when you can't swim to bring up all the stats that crutch-walking does.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: April 04, 2015, 08:34:18 pm »

Hmm, that's a good possibility as i wasn't in stealth mode while moving in those tunnels, maybe they were not looking at me, i'll have to give another try to see if i can have the same cave crocodile behaviour then see what their cone do if i move into stealth mode

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: April 05, 2015, 04:02:03 am »

Hmm, that's a good possibility as i wasn't in stealth mode while moving in those tunnels, maybe they were not looking at me, i'll have to give another try to see if i can have the same cave crocodile behaviour then see what their cone do if i move into stealth mode
oh yeah people vision cones are invisible when out of stealth and if their backs is towards you they won't notice you. I found this out when I walk into a place with a megabeast and wonder why no body was screaming OH MY URIST and running away. Stealth mode seems to be a boost to how hidden you are in their vision cone.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: April 05, 2015, 06:24:49 pm »

It can't be an ambush if I was heading straight toward him. Dunno how I got in the trees, but I'll never find a more dramatic place for a martial duel.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I knocked him out of the tree twice, but a vampire reptile man climbs fast. After dodging to the east of him, I couldn't resist the urge to flying tackle him any longer.

That was a 6 z-lvl drop. The momentum carried me away from the branches, but fortunately there was a tree in my direction with branches I could catch, but the reptile man neglected to.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: April 05, 2015, 08:03:41 pm »

*Max seal of approval*

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: April 05, 2015, 10:15:50 pm »

This one army on the fast travel map had made my game unplayable. I tried deleting the army, but the area they were in was still too corrupt to enter, and I had no idea where it would end up, or if everyone in it was wiped off the map. I still wanted to kill them for causing me so much headache, and because I'm about to seize this city. I knew it was the post-conquest occupation, still narcoleptic in their tents after a year, but I didn't know it was 1879 of them!

This is what I found when I just moved them 50 units south. That's a composite of 2 z-lvls, to try to include them all.

And when I found them, every last one of them fell asleep. I could just ignore them and claim the city. Or I could slay 1879 sleeping elves before world events randomly decides they should march on the same city again. Their civ could get a little upset about it, but I doubt they can raise another army like that swiftly.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: April 06, 2015, 04:14:01 am »

Found a couple of skirmishes taking place, bumped into one and stood still to see if they would do anything if I just ignored them:

Right off the bat we've got them shooting at each other and one of the gobs on the bottom left is yielding to the one beside them.

They just started fighting and such, then I noticed a group chasing one of the survivors from the other group so I followed them.

What happened next is... uh, hard to explain, see, after they killed that guy I noticed they kept clustering like if he was alive... the whole group... until... well:

...why did they decide to lay on his corpse and roll around in vomit?

The world may never know.

Also did some kid rescuing:
Neat touch that one of the other kids brought up the reunited family members and the Champion responds with "That's terrific!", I thought.

Course, while finding out where some of the last few missing kids were I had the rather weird exchange here:
'Ah yes, so you miss Tobul Furnacemolten, are they your cousin or something?'
"Oh, no, I don't know them."
O.o

Ooookay then.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: April 06, 2015, 05:08:45 am »

[/i]

This is like the pictures sprayed with dots where you have to find an actual image.
Watching this screenshot I thought:
"Hmm, I see some traders standing in grasslands. What's the point of this picture? I thought he talked about some elves who... HOLY FUCK!"
I wish I would meet such army for myself.
Legendary wrestler/butcher/tanner/leatherworker/bonecarver in no time...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 05:13:02 am by SaD-82 »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: April 06, 2015, 08:56:59 am »

Better that than some of the alternatives, last 100+ army I found had a lot of elves too... and goblins, and dorfs, and some humans... but they were undead, and thus a lot less fun.
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 1104