Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100085 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7980 on: April 03, 2015, 10:44:17 pm »

Always gotta be careful swimming long ways, between the lag and the freezing...

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: April 04, 2015, 12:11:27 am »

not much aside from jumping at a guy and causing him to skid into a tree and die which was pretty fucking awesome at the time, i died right after to something stupid i don't even remember, been dieing a lot more recently, lots more bs deaths like goblins from nowhere managing to get a kill shot in with no weapon while i'm fully equipped in iron or steel, thats after my usual grapple and roll around with harmless stuff training to become a badass which doesn't seem to work anymore, cus of the random kills not the lack of skill gain.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: April 04, 2015, 03:25:08 am »

D'awwwwwwwww!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
D'aaaawwwwww some more!

Then I told the captain of the guard about some of my kills when I returned home, thought it was interesting that his response about the monkey demon in charge of one of the three nearby fortresses being killed wasn't "it was inevitable" but hey...

Well, he seemed pretty impressed with my dragon and roc and hydra kills and such as well, really impressed, like overjoyed actually:
He's the goblin by the king there, incidentally.

After leaving I noticed an asterisk following me, confronted it and found gobs from the fort who I already know, all of whom consider me a legend, and all claim to be on a mission.

So I screw around with them a bit to see if they are actually following me:

Hmmm, they don't ambush me, they broke off to rest, then continued following me after they woke up, but they wouldn't cross a river with me sadly. I've led groups like this on assaults before but I usually encountered them near a site, these ones came out of the fort and followed me... is that a thing?

Maybe they heard about my affiliation with , "" the bat man civilization?

Yes, I meant to put a comma and quotes...

I'm so bat man I'm an honorary member of their civ? No weirder than being a time traveling ghost spider who rescues kids, I suppose.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: April 04, 2015, 04:37:09 am »

I once met a goblin ambushing me who was part of an antmen civ.
His name was "3341" (World Viewer) or, as Legends stated it, "unknown".

In this regard, I always smile if I meet someone and he wants to talk with me about some really big trouble:
"An unnatural beast became the bane of us. Seek Leaguetrussed the giant tiger.
He killed someone."
Ah, yes.
I figured it.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: April 04, 2015, 06:41:48 am »

My gremlin companion did a lot of that in his chatter: "In a time before time, someone attacked someone." He wasn't even alive back then, so I wonder who he could have heard it from. The goblins, maybe?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: April 04, 2015, 10:01:29 am »

Decided to give another try to 40.x after nearly (as in i didn't) surviving a terrible 34.11 battle against a bandit group ambushing my party, to test some modding stuff and after being annoyed at how those civs were not spawning as i wanted, i just launched the adventure mode.

Talked to the lord of the castle and asked him how he was feeling.

Wait .. what ? i never had that answer.
Oh, exciting time, something new ! and it is promising of actual story developement , let's wait for him to make that deal !
... ... well, i waited...
and waited ...
... and that lord never said anything more :/

Anyone got this "let's make a deal" dialogue and had it actually end with that lord making an actual deal with you ?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: April 04, 2015, 10:11:06 am »

Decided to give another try to 40.x after nearly (as in i didn't) surviving a terrible 34.11 battle against a bandit group ambushing my party, to test some modding stuff and after being annoyed at how those civs were not spawning as i wanted, i just launched the adventure mode.

Talked to the lord of the castle and asked him how he was feeling.

Wait .. what ? i never had that answer.
Oh, exciting time, something new ! and it is promising of actual story developement , let's wait for him to make that deal !
... ... well, i waited...
and waited ...
... and that lord never said anything more :/

Anyone got this "let's make a deal" dialogue and had it actually end with that lord making an actual deal with you ?
that's a let's trade dialogue said by the adventurers to other people.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: April 04, 2015, 10:23:11 am »

The answers to feelings questions are just temporary mood, it sort of paraphrases what would be at the top of a dwarf's description page in fortress mode. That answer indicates he would give you slightly better deals if you traded with him, same as the intent indicator in the Trade Depot menu, but you would have to initiate the deal. And as in fortress mode, if you gave him a profitable deal or a freebie he'd be even better inclined to trade.

You could take advantage of it if you see anything in his inventory that you wanted, the keeps are full of freebies he would be ecstatic to receive.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: April 04, 2015, 10:33:32 am »

I see, it sounds then more like a misplaced Trade dialogue, basically a bug.
Too bad, i hoped there was something going to happen that i never saw before in my 40.x adventures.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: April 04, 2015, 01:46:02 pm »

No, I've seen it in dwarves' thoughts before. Never in adventurer mode, though.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: April 04, 2015, 01:52:13 pm »

Was cruising on the dwarven highways and searched for a way through an enormous mountain range.
On the map it appears that there is a direct route - mountain halls are lined up between two fortresses.
And so, I was traveling some hours (realtime) till I nearly reached the other fortress...
...where I stumpled across a magma pool which blocked the entire passage.
No possibility to climb, no way around.
Where are the pump operators when you need them?
Time to travel back...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: April 04, 2015, 03:02:56 pm »

>.>

You were fast-traveling for hours in real time?

How big was this world?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: April 04, 2015, 03:43:09 pm »

I can believe it, the way some of these highways wind, it can take hours just to cross 4 world tiles. It's worse when you have roads in 2 different cavern layers that both look like they go the same way, but none of them have road signs so you can't know whether either exits at your destination.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: April 04, 2015, 03:51:04 pm »

You were fast-traveling for hours in real time?

No, I took the scenic route.
It was a fresh char and he had to learn some skills on his way.
Sadly, he just met one giant toad.
Maybe I should have let him jumped into the pool, but on our travel we became friends. Sort of.

I can believe it, the way some of these highways wind, it can take hours just to cross 4 world tiles.

Gladly, this wasn't the case.
Nearly half an hour and daylight greeted me.
And a yeti.
I guess he is sated now.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: April 04, 2015, 04:04:16 pm »

I've had to navigate some pretty confusing tunnels, don't get me wrong, but I never tried to walk them once I realized I could fast travel through them because damn they're handy.
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 1104