Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099960 times)

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8025 on: April 09, 2015, 08:30:37 am »

Ah, ok.
Thanks.
Sounds interesting enough.

Fishanchips

• Bay Watcher
  • Look! The cliffs of INSANITY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: April 09, 2015, 11:44:43 am »

Went into town to fight a criminal organization.
Walk up to the asterisk and for some reason it spawns us all on a roof top.

3 vs 3 on the rooftops of a small village backwater.

8)
http://wiki.ss13.co/images/c/c8/ClownandAlien.jpeg

A screeching clown car pulls up to the safe house!
Circus members pour out of it and start throwing pies at the windows!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: April 09, 2015, 12:00:31 pm »

It's nice when that happens, but they don't always generate asterisks. When they're not criminally active or hostile, or laying low after killing a number of them, you won't find them on fast travel. You might investigate footprints shown in tracking, and that can lead to one of them. Every time you kill the leader, the next member will be promoted, and you can't tell without checking Legends how many members there are, or who they are. If you get their names from Legends, you'll still have to encounter them in character before you can ask for directions to them, but often when you pass close enough they'll panic and run, and that will generate an Attack event at the top of the list, revealing their name.

It's always a good idea to check Legends. One time I combed a whole town and half the sewers before finding out the gang was wiped out completely 5 years before my adventurer started.

Fishanchips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: April 09, 2015, 05:41:09 pm »

Is there a particular reason undead feel the need to beat me to death with armor?

I just feel there is something WRONG with being beaten to death with a small bismuth bronze helmet. ::)

Also, that slight feeling of wrong when I started attacking them with a +bronze meat cleaver+.  :-\

*EDIT* Okaaaay. I was just beaten to death with my own =iron gauntlet=.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:29:38 pm by Fishanchips »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: April 09, 2015, 09:58:01 pm »

Last vault had far more rooms than enemies to fill them. Lots of dead ends and empty room psyche. Rarely more than one enemy a room, and for some reason rarely facing the doors I entered, so most of them lost their heads before they knew I was there. I guess they trusted their allies less than some random intruder. They won't get a second chance to correct that mistake.

The slab loaded the first time, and the path to it didn't require breaking down walls. They should all be like this. But with challenge.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: April 09, 2015, 11:03:49 pm »

Sadly they only get uh, 76 total pop, 50 "animals", 25 "warriors", and 1 "potential assraper but possibly just a big mound of grumpy salt" generally.

So I got my fort established on a map where the neighbors include 5 dark fortresses and 5 towers, got a single necro+zombie just before winter I think? Got impatient and geared up my favorite dorf there, named her Kosh and took her out to go start some trouble, figure I'll bring back goodies and dragonbone armor for the military and such to accompany the home-made steel stuff, though I think I've got two spires so I'll have to play with those when I get Kosh settled back at home for a bit.

20firebird

• Bay Watcher
  • how did i get here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: April 10, 2015, 12:34:13 am »

I'm not really adventuring as much as running around in the wilderness killing animals and exploring. I'm trying to find an arctic ocean to go seal-hunting, but at the moment I'm just wandering around a tundra. I'm stuck in a horrible blanket of fog right now, so I'm sitting still until it passes. Assuming it ever does; if it doesn't go away I'll move on in spite of it.
I copied the region file and quit the copied game so I can use it as a map and decide where I'm going next. There's a nice arctic ocean towards the east, though I'm not sure how far. Might be a hell of a trek. Once I'm done with the ocean I'm turning south to check out the tropics. I'm gonna be wandering for a long, long time.

By the way, I've been woken up twice with the message 'You feel uneasy.' but nothing ever came of it. What's happening?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:13:46 am by 20firebird »
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: April 10, 2015, 05:35:12 am »

Something close enough to wake you up but not directly visible, you get the same message when an ambush loads on the far side of a tree or hill.

So, my adventure was unexpectedly exciting!

Step 1: find a vault with flareful little workerdudes hanging around.

Step 2: wonder why you can't seem to walk right up to them, and instead decide to let one come to you.

Step 3: discover that sometimes angels explode into a 25 kiloUrist fireball when you cut their heads off.

Step 4: ? ? ?

Step 5: You are melting!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: April 10, 2015, 07:45:09 am »

You get 'you feel uneasy' when there's one or more hostiles in the area who you haven't seen yet, and who may or may not have seen you.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: April 10, 2015, 12:13:08 pm »

Uhhh...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't worry, I couldn't tell what the hell was happening either... but it does make sense if you listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Fishanchips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: April 10, 2015, 01:59:40 pm »

Hahahahahah Yaketysax and dwarves a beautiful thing  :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:03:40 pm by Fishanchips »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: April 10, 2015, 02:48:50 pm »

Glovefailures, the Vault of family, misery and torture; things that go naturally together. I can't object to being unable to wear the clothes this time, since the Angels of Torture are exactly 10x larger than humans. Mediocre with weapons, but not shy about using their mass to charge. I had to dismantle a few walls and build my own staircase in order to carry the ~600 Urist native copper slab out. I'm not carrying that thing all the way to a cache site this time.

EDIT: Oh, one of these angels had a sleek flickering metal crossbow and an empty quiver. After all the time I spent making adamantine quiver, the coolness of it is just blown away by this dancing wisps quiver. No bolts, so I'll never know whether Torture ammo flickers or dances.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:16:42 pm by Uzu Bash »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: April 10, 2015, 04:48:24 pm »

Spoiler: startofabloodbath (click to show/hide)
Yeah really should have done this idea sooner.
at least now there won't be any worry on what people think of me.
also random nightcreature with a meat cleaver popping out of the camp was perfect timing.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: April 10, 2015, 06:11:46 pm »

That is fantastically absurd, now you need to mod Minecarts into Motorcycles or Choppers, DO IT!

Also... the yakety sax kinda restarts everytime you travel through the tunnel or wait an hour... it really is hilarious with the music playing in the background too... but then I found something which reminds me what I love about this game:

Whoops, that's just a picture of my amazing tracking skills, whereby I was able to determine that the left ear of a goblin had left an imprint on the puddle of blood and sweat there... excellent deductive skills, Urist McHolmes.

No, what I meant was the way there is so much backstory just layered in waiting to be found:

Here we have a goblin king who has been attacked during this chaos, I'm pretty sure he wasn't the king before I got there, I could swear I saw a dorf queen there once, but I think that might have been the game that crashed actually... either way, that goblin king isn't that unusual by himself, those sorts of things happen, even in younger worlds (it's only year 94) so whatever. No, what I find fascinating is his name.

Liceva Punchtruths... how did a goblin get an elf name and become king of a sacked dorf fortress?

Crazy, but since it was all calmed down I tried to see if anyone knew what the hell was going on, but not even the king mentioned a local ruler, and most of the other dorfs are sitting around talking about how they attacked themselves:

Given the blood and sweat everywhere I'm now going to interpret "a few hours ago I attacked me" as "a few hours ago I slipped and fell and elbowed myself in the eye somehow" for added slapstick value.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: April 10, 2015, 06:51:34 pm »

Might be getting a little exploity with my cooking. While searching a warehouse for leather to replace my xleatherx I got annoyed at the spamload of bags and bags of food. So I broke down a wall into a neighboring house, built a kitchen with the logs, and carried everything on one tile over to crank out meals. Eventually I got this:
That's about a gold and a half per meal, which is probably a lot for a human town. And the finest meal they'll ever see.

The name started out simply as 'Mon' and grew to 'Mon Trailsliver the Hills of Honoring'. It has a modest dignity, probably more dignity than an outsider deserves. It's actually one of the better names I've gotten.
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1104