Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095646 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3510 on: February 16, 2012, 05:57:02 pm »

Wow, retired and read the legend mode. Half the world respects him for courageous acts, the rest thinks he is a hero, except for some bandit groups who consider him an enemy.

Only forty eight notable kills were on the legends list and 89 randoms. On that, it seems that if a creature has bled to death, it DOES keep track of who made it bleed the most. I read somewhere that sometimes those were not accounted for, but I found nummerous entries for "mortally wouded, bled to death"
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: February 16, 2012, 05:59:55 pm »

Well, one adventure retires, another sets out for glory. And the plucky crossbowman gets lost on his first quest (hah, I totally didn't read which way the lair was .... so, aimless wandering on the outskirts).

The giant lion, Swampsbreaks, thought he'd be a good snack.

Of course, that nearly was the case, as the first bolt missed. However, after perforating the beast's body (and many 'bow-batters and knife-slices later), the crossbowman was victorious. Meats time!

I am consistently amused by the little flourishes in the game:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: February 16, 2012, 07:09:11 pm »

I was attacked by a bandit group lead by an amphibian man named Atal Erodushus.  He has no weapons but is wearing 60+ pages of crowns, earrings, amulets, bracelets, and rings made of dwarf and human bone, nail, hair, and tooth.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: February 16, 2012, 07:12:51 pm »

I was attacked by a bandit group lead by an amphibian man named Atal Erodushus.  He has no weapons but is wearing 60+ pages of crowns, earrings, amulets, bracelets, and rings made of dwarf and human bone, nail, hair, and tooth.
Drink his blood! Drink it now!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: February 16, 2012, 07:13:13 pm »

Vampire? or just really hateful?

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: February 16, 2012, 07:23:28 pm »

Vampire? or just really hateful?
Not sure, I killed him with one strike but unfortunately I am playing with a custom race that cannot become a vampire, so drinking his blood will do nothing.

EDIT: OK, I just checked the legends and apparently he was a vampire.  He was born in the year 100 and somehow three years after he became the master of the armored cactus and then shortly after profaned a temple.  He got cursed into a vampire and over the next 20 years he killed over 800 humans and dwarves until he aroused suspicion and fled the city.  He the became a farmer in a small town nearby for a few years, then quite being a farmer and then 28 years later became captain of a group of bandits.  He did nothing else until 210 when I killed him.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:43:18 pm by NLegari »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: February 16, 2012, 09:06:26 pm »

Just went into the sewers, found the remains of a fairly large battle. Counted a dozen or so dead humans, chests filled with enough weapons for double that, and 20-some-odd dead cave swallow men. Got brained with a fucking blowdart.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: February 16, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »

I Started a demigod adventurer from a human civ, in their capital and only city. After a little exploration I found a temple. Descended one level and found my self in a dug out pit talking to the high priest there, actually called the Sacred Shack. There were doors in all the pit walls, so I investigated, found myself in a tomb, did a spot of grave robbing and returned to find the Sacred Shack in combat with a human mummy. D'oh! If you're going to store dead bodies all in one place, you need to find a way of stopping them coming back to life! :)

Anyway, I fought the mummy, lopped of two arms and a leg, killed the mummy and one of its arms. Then I returned back to street level and encountered the other arm which had sailed away in an arc. The fight was short. It smashed my ankle then while I was lying down it punched my brains out!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: February 16, 2012, 10:36:57 pm »

Went on another try, got ambushed and brained with an arrow.
Next up, I'm disarming all archers.

Beach Bum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: February 16, 2012, 10:47:59 pm »

Every adventure I've had seems to end in spectacular failure. I think since the release I've been through 50 adventurers at least. The best I've done so far has been killing three of the six Necromancers in a tower before being surrounded by reanimated body parts and killed. Had something like 17 reanimated elf corpse hands attacking me at once when a human farmer corpse charged me knocking me down and stunning me. Really was his only option though, I had cut both his arms off, though it was bad idea it turns out because they were attacking me too. The second I hit the ground it was over, got hit so hard in the guts I started vomiting and then got kicked in the skull and killed all in the space of a few seconds without even a chance to stand up due to the pile of hands and arms on me.

Still it was a lot more enjoyable than being killed instantly by a stray arrow to the back of the skull like most of the rest of my attempts to get there or that time I found a mummy and it moved like lightning, hitting me six times and instantly killing me before I could even react to it. Saw it on the stairs, took a step back to kind of kite it a little, it charges across a 15x20 or so room, and BAM! "You are deceased."

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: February 16, 2012, 10:50:17 pm »

I 've discovered that, as a necromancer, a high throwing skill and a bag full of animal heads are the only weapons you'll ever need. 

The chances of hitting a creature in the head is unlikely, so when a creature is only a head, it gets missed a lot and it gets a lot of counterattacks. It can still bite just as hard, and latch on firmly.  So, a couple of well-placed dingo heads can decide a battle. And when you throw body parts, they leave a rocket trail of blood, which is just cool.     

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: February 16, 2012, 10:54:06 pm »

on adventurer number 12.  11 previous adventurers have met their doom quite close to town, casualties of the bandit menace.  adventurer 8 got lucky, got a quest to kill a vampire in the town he started in, managed to do so, and became a vampire himself.  he went on to kill another vampire and survive 6 bandit ambushes (between one town and the next, perhaps 6 tiles on world map) before swimming in a river got him pushed over a waterfall and exploded 4 or so z's down.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: February 16, 2012, 10:58:15 pm »

Got sent to kill a deserter from the local army. Found house full of blood, attacked herbalist, didn't see dead soldier. Step outside. Get mauled by alpaca and cats.

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: February 16, 2012, 11:07:28 pm »

Spawn as a human swordsman, shield user and emergency biter. Iron 2h sword & shield. Get quest.

Slay a vampire. A vampire that has killed 'three thousand seven hundred ninety-three' in her vile lust for murder. JESUS CHRIST.

Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: February 16, 2012, 11:11:36 pm »

Another adventurer died. How the fuck can a rotted carcass even have the motor skills to swing an axe!?
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1104