Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095549 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3540 on: February 17, 2012, 08:32:16 am »

Has anyone been doing !!SCIENCE!! with the new evil rains and clouds?

I rolled up an axedwarf, went into an evil plains biome, entered a cloud of 'fiendish soot', got turned into  a 'fiendish soot thrall'. It turns out it lowered my speed to about 287. I then proceeded to murder a village. The best part? There was fiendish soot still clinging to me. Which then ended up clinging to other people. Which caused a kinda mini zombie apocalypse.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: February 17, 2012, 08:44:38 am »

Has anyone been doing !!SCIENCE!! with the new evil rains and clouds?

I rolled up an axedwarf, went into an evil plains biome, entered a cloud of 'fiendish soot', got turned into  a 'fiendish soot thrall'. It turns out it lowered my speed to about 287. I then proceeded to murder a village. The best part? There was fiendish soot still clinging to me. Which then ended up clinging to other people. Which caused a kinda mini zombie apocalypse.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100742.60;topicseen
Yo soy.

Apoz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: February 17, 2012, 10:36:09 am »

First adventurer so far that lasted more than a day. I ended up in a village 10 meters from the capital, so I went there, straight to the main castle, and found the law-giver of the civilization, Tuna Something... suspiciously wearing rings made of human bone :P I accused her of being a night creature, and of course she revealed himself to be a vampire. Unfortunately for her, she was stuck at the end of a corridor, and all the soldiers present in the room ganged up on her :D, so I took my time and decided to beat her slowly to death with a salmon (the food I ended up with at the beginning ^^). Eventually, she bleeded to death. So yeah, my first kill was the vampire law-giver of an entire civilization. Pretty good. ^^

Then I took a short visit to the dungeon (short, because as some have pointed out already, bandits are way too powerful in this release), and made a longer trip to the catacombs, where I woke up a certain number of mummies. I finished by making a tour of the countryside around the city to clean it of all the werellamas that were infesting it. Eventually I was so happy with all I accomplished that I created a copy of my save, and used it to check the Legends, and to my huge surprise... I was listed as a human vampire.

At first, I thought it was a bug, but I came back to my old save, and indeed, after a while, the characteristic "Thirsty" written in red letters appeared at the bottom right corner. Now, I really had no idea what happened because I had no memory of drinking an ounce of Tuna's blood... but eventually, I understood : It was the salmon :D I ate it somewhere in the catacombs, while it was probably still covered in blood.

So anyway, I think I might be the first involuntary vampire so far. ^^ That explains quite a lot, including why the game always asked me confirmation when I wanted to attack a mummy or a zombie, or why I became so fast and so powerful...

Edit : Actually, I have a question : how exactly do you feed of the blood of your enemies in adventure mode ? I tried simply drinking the blood, but it doesn't seems to be working...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:58:15 am by Apoz »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: February 17, 2012, 11:20:36 am »

Try checking the 'x' menu under powers, after strangling them into a state of unconsciousness. Failing that, try to 'A'ttack them while they're unconscious.

My adventurers have come to a screeching halt after contracting a crash-game-on-travel-outside-cities bug. So... Crap. I liked that adventurer, too.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: February 17, 2012, 11:23:30 am »

Edit : Actually, I have a question : how exactly do you feed of the blood of your enemies in adventure mode ? I tried simply drinking the blood, but it doesn't seems to be working...

Make sure they're unconscious (strangling usually works the best for this), bite them somewhere and after you latch on firmly press e. The very first option should be to drink their blood.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: February 17, 2012, 11:35:24 am »

I stepped into a tomb. I found the mummy, and it all went fine until it cursed me, after I couldn't hit it. Then it animated all the peasant skeletons in the room.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: February 17, 2012, 12:01:59 pm »

Started out with my first adventurer. Got a quest to kill a werebeast. Arrived at the place and started to travel along the road. Three dogs, a cat attack me. They are later joined by a yak and a horse. Ok... nature hates me. I'm forced to start stabbing things.
Then a horse bites me in the head and kills me.

Lol!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: February 17, 2012, 12:18:22 pm »

decided to try human adventurer again.

Ger quest to kill a bandit leader goblin. Find bandit group and in one go kick a goblin to death. Then find out the goblin lasher captain has a freaking grandmaster bowdwarf in his team. In quick succession he shoots me and all three of my companions causing us all to lose hold of various items or drop to the ground, getting stunned and/or giving in to pain. It was over fast.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Alexwarhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: February 17, 2012, 12:39:38 pm »

Tried a human demigod swordsman in a smaller world and went to the capital. Found some really odd stuff there , including a preist type elf at the church called the holy sucker (job title) and a diety in the keep , as well as a human axeman , dwarf swordsman and an elf spearman (Start of a bad walked into a bar joke) I recruited to go down into the keep dungeons , as well as a dwarf or elf called ' Exalted Hog ' (job title as well , can someone explain this?) We have just gotten in but the spearman is not doing so good as he was hit in the stomach by an arrow , and we are just looting the first level.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: February 17, 2012, 02:21:21 pm »

I just drunk the blood of the guy that made me a vampire.
Sweet irony.

I am now a vampire bronze collosus.
It was some bandit overlord hidden away in the dungeons.
(i modded the [HAS_BLOOD] and [CAN_LEARN] so bronze colossi can be vampires)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: February 17, 2012, 02:22:55 pm »

Woohoo!

I was looking through the legends, and I found a vampire. Found out that he settled in royalbears as a jeweler. I hunted him down and then killed him. Then I drank his blood and headed for a necromancer tower. I killed the necromancers because they were hostile, and then I just casually picked up the first book I found and read it and gained the power to animate corpses.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

daneel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: February 17, 2012, 02:43:45 pm »

A lord told me to kill a vampire and it led me to an empty field with absolutely nothing resembling a vampire, some kind of hole in the ground or whatever. So tried entering a nearby city's sewers, maybe he was down there. All I found there after walking for what seemed like hours were a few animalman corpses. Out of boredom I jumped into one of the pits in the sewers and drowned.

I'm going back to fortress mode now.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: February 17, 2012, 02:48:56 pm »

couldn't go down in the hole?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: February 17, 2012, 02:49:16 pm »

"Beware! It is said that only unknown frozen creature substance harms the creature."

There are many issues with this statement.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

daneel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: February 17, 2012, 02:52:32 pm »

couldn't go down in the hole?

There was no hole.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1104