Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095842 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2745 on: August 13, 2011, 06:16:46 pm »

For all genesis players: Is there any reliable way to inject venom as an aspid dwarf?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: August 13, 2011, 06:43:26 pm »

Crutches seem to be bugged in Adventure Mode, if I remember correctly. Can't remember specifics, or if there's a way to fix that, but doing a forum search should yield some results.
The bug consists of having held the crutch in a hand then placed it in a container. If you don't drop it from your hand the game will still give you the penalty for walking with a crutch, and unless you take it in your hand and drop it you'll never get rid of the penalty/buff.

For all genesis players: Is there any reliable way to inject venom as an aspid dwarf?

Do the aspid dwarves use a specific bodypart to inject venom? Such as a tail, or teeth.
If so, use that body part to attack.
*Hugs*

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: August 13, 2011, 06:49:41 pm »

Update: The dwarf's final remaining limb was torn off by the roc, and this time the roc also pierced his heart. No escaping death-from-bleeding this time. However, he did manage to smash at least one lung on that roc... maybe I'll avenge him.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

Cpt.tazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: August 13, 2011, 07:22:37 pm »

killed 507 elves only using my teeth.. nuff said
Got a pterodactyl with a knobby turtle shell composed entirely of vomit in my caverns. Apparently it moves deliberately. It's teamed up with a giant steam shrimp.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where you aren't hallucinating.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: August 13, 2011, 07:53:21 pm »

Its teeth that inject venom, but aimed attacks dont seem capable of injection. Most likely due to the fact that toady didnt intend to have poison injecting creatures playable this early on. Just "bumping" seems to do it every great once in a while though.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: August 13, 2011, 08:11:00 pm »

Hey go attack this outlaw as your first quest without any recruits.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What the fuck.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: August 13, 2011, 08:14:43 pm »

Its teeth that inject venom, but aimed attacks dont seem capable of injection. Most likely due to the fact that toady didnt intend to have poison injecting creatures playable this early on. Just "bumping" seems to do it every great once in a while though.
I'm relatively certain you can inject poison by biting your enemy. It was discovered when someone made snakemen playable.
*Hugs*

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: August 13, 2011, 08:16:53 pm »

@jc6036: I dunno what it could be then. I've been playing a slate-gray monster that poisons through its stinger and when I do an aimed attack with it I inject poison. ^^; Of course that's a moot issue since the stinger seems to practically always sever whatever I'm attacking... Anyway, maybe it's just a low chance of it happening? Or maybe the teeth aren't penetrating when you bite?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: August 13, 2011, 10:26:27 pm »

I read Cocoprimate's adventure with Aban Diamondtowns the Charm of Society in his thread, and I thought that I might be able to try this. I may not come back alive... but it would be amazing.

This looks cool.  Never read the thread though, so I have no idea what you're talking about...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: August 13, 2011, 11:51:44 pm »

Check the first link in my sig :) .
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: August 14, 2011, 12:21:07 am »

Huh, Ill figure it out eventually, and if not, I will just play steel dwarves from then on. .(which are like the medevil equivalent of Duke Nukem. Except short. And more hairy.)

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: August 14, 2011, 01:06:13 am »

The genisis mod really resparked my love for adventure mode. Also, quick question, is there any way to inject poison as an aspid dwarf?

Instead of biting, you use the Sting attack when attacking a specific body part
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: August 14, 2011, 01:07:29 am »

Oh, derp. I must have missed the option.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: August 14, 2011, 04:31:28 am »

Devoured alive by a groundhog while trying to hunt them. I passed out and it became enraged, and attacked me for what must have been several hours non-stop gorging on my guts before I actually bled out. Poor stupid little girl thought she could kill monsters...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PastryT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: August 14, 2011, 11:44:40 am »

At the moment I am in a human capital... which is controlled by a goat demon. And oh, it's deserted.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1104