Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095677 times)

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2730 on: August 09, 2011, 10:26:09 pm »

Got the awesome name of Tor Hammersmash. Died immediately after some man-wife-spouse-husband-of-the-dusk-groom-bride, or whatever it was called, decapitated me with a rusty knife. A saddening loss.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:29:04 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: August 09, 2011, 11:26:41 pm »

Have to place a hold on Capturing Elven Princesses the site I need to get too is unable to spawn the person. So much for chaining the Elf up as a trophy.
oh well maybe I should try Human Royalties instead.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: August 10, 2011, 10:14:31 am »

Using Wanderer's Friend mod for adventure mode,  I'm gonna go live in a cave now.

Pokey McFork

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_TOOL:FORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: August 12, 2011, 08:16:33 am »

a cave dragon ambushed me, I dodged until it got tired, then I stabbed it in the throat until it died.

then a roc bit my top half off.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: August 12, 2011, 11:54:28 am »

Im trying to gen the perfect adventurers world. So far, with the genesis mod, Ive had barren lands ran feudal Japan style by orcs, and on world where werewolves had taken over and were the dominating pop, and one where all of the humans were eradicated, and all that remained were the mind flaying Illithids.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: August 12, 2011, 07:48:03 pm »

I'm going to go loot a collection of elven forest retreats that appear to be in ruins (presumably to attacks by my human civ). Wondering if this is possible, because non-human settlements don't occur in the current version.

If these retreats do exist, I'm hoping to find a wooden bow and shitloads of wooden arrows I could use in the caverns. Or take all the weapons and go sell them for tremendous profits.

I'm GLAD I didn't go as an outsider. I'd get nothing more than a copper spear and dagger. If I do manage to kill an animal, I'm going to have to go through the laborious tasks of making a stone scraper to tan the hide, drying the guts to make sinew, making a needle from its bones, and sewing the sinew and leather to make a pack.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: August 12, 2011, 10:39:15 pm »

Ever had those moments where a crossbowman acts like a jerk by jumping out from behind a tree and shooting at you when you don't expect it?

You block The flying bronze bolt!
You drop the +bronze long sword+.
You grab The Crossbowman by the copper crossbow with your right hand!
You struggle for the copper crossbow.
You gain possession of the copper crossbow.

The Crossbowman misses You!
You bash The Crossbowman in the head with your copper crossbow, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
The Crossbowman has been knocked unconscious!
Crossbowman has been struck down.

Enigma

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: August 13, 2011, 03:25:21 am »

Just went to a castle to report my victories, and found a whole bunch of cavy sows/boars running into the main door and knocking themselves down. I kill them, and enter, and inside there's an army of elephants, badgers and warthogs, rampaging around and trying to get through the doors. The weirdest thing? No humans, not even corpses or leftover armour. Gonna have to look up the place in legends later to see if there's a report on it, Braveanvils... looks like elephants are back in style!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... he's gone.

Urist McMagicJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: August 13, 2011, 11:13:56 am »

I just had my left foot ripped off by an eagle, this game never stops surprising me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: August 13, 2011, 11:29:10 am »

Guess how to beat nigh deadly night monsters and bandits? Use the high ground of course! Charge them right off and stab their helpless awkward attempts to get up and out and your free for life!

Only thing is, it happens both ways if you aren't careful...I took my fall down a waterfall by taking a dire bear with me (Genesis).

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: August 13, 2011, 12:23:35 pm »

The genisis mod really resparked my love for adventure mode. Also, quick question, is there any way to inject poison as an aspid dwarf?

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: August 13, 2011, 01:07:58 pm »

I'm going to go sell my copper dire spear (Civ Forge) and go make a normal stone spear (Wanderer's Friend).

Afterwards, I'm gonna go take a walk on the shore-line of a haunted ocean and see if I find a (un)dead shark to (re)kill

UPDATE: I started as a simple townsperson peasant, sold my dire spear, bought some yarn, a backpack, and a crutch. My speeds at a friggin 317! What gives?
I started at average strength, competent ambusher, adequate swimmer and novice knapper. I must have hit the 'S'neak command by accident.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:42:57 pm by UristMcHuman »

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: August 13, 2011, 04:39:40 pm »

I read Cocoprimate's adventure with Aban Diamondtowns the Charm of Society in his thread, and I thought that I might be able to try this. I may not come back alive... but it would be amazing.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: August 13, 2011, 05:12:37 pm »

My dwarven adventurer took on two hydras in a row. First one tore off his weapon arm and his right leg. He killed the hydra by bashing it in the lungs with his shield until it suffocated. After buying a new shiny hammer and a crutch, he was assigned to kill a second hydra. This one took off his left leg, before once again being bashed in the lungs until suffocating. Currently, my adventurer is off to take on a roc with no legs and one arm. This should be interesting.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: August 13, 2011, 06:11:14 pm »

Crutches seem to be bugged in Adventure Mode, if I remember correctly. Can't remember specifics, or if there's a way to fix that, but doing a forum search should yield some results.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 1104