Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095808 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2760 on: August 14, 2011, 03:12:27 pm »

!!Xwolf vaginaX!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After modding in genitals for most creatures, I decided to go adventuring. The results were hilarious. I occasionally chop bits of genitals off of creatures. Vaginas though you have to wrestle off, by joint-locking them. The breast there belongs to a Cobald from my Evil mod (note: genitals not included in download.)

The white D there is a frost wyrm from my other uploaded mod laying into one of my companions. Shes not gonna make it no matter what i do, but I'm trying to kill the thing anyway. Here's to hoping it doesn't breath its toxic frost breath! I died in just three rounds. It's 100% fatal to anything smaller than the sun, and probably even then... No shield can protect you...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:16:28 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: August 14, 2011, 04:12:29 pm »

Ummmm. . . .genesis added genitals as well, and I must say, theres nothing quite like chopping a goblins phallus off and then braining him with it. Amazing.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: August 14, 2011, 04:20:44 pm »

I was throwing my collection at it hoping to injure it. :P It sustained only minor bruising even from my axe.
I knew genesis added genitals, but I don't want to run genesis mod. I made all my currently running mods myself.
I recently found out that genesis also has a frost wyrm creature, which also has a relatively deadly breath attack. Oh well...

My most recent adventure went spectacularly. A little training on groundhogs (scary to go hunting for something that's eaten a demigod ninataur alive before...) and I was on a fast track to murdering bandits. Mostly through wrestling, because my weapons' skill isn't quite as effective. I've started taking quests from the lady in the capital now, uninvited. Only a night creature. Still hoping to get a quest for a minotaur.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:22:32 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: August 14, 2011, 08:59:08 pm »

A platapus injected me with venom from one of it's spurs.....
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: August 14, 2011, 11:59:03 pm »

Its teeth that inject venom, but aimed attacks dont seem capable of injection. Most likely due to the fact that toady didnt intend to have poison injecting creatures playable this early on. Just "bumping" seems to do it every great once in a while though.
I'm relatively certain you can inject poison by biting your enemy. It was discovered when someone made snakemen playable.
...and then showed the bug of the "all dwarves have the internal body temperature of magma" when the injected venom started causing spontaneous combustion.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: August 15, 2011, 12:07:43 am »

Yes. . . .yes it does. I figured out the sting attack, and it melts people. Awsome.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: August 15, 2011, 12:24:08 pm »

If I remember rightly, it has to do with some of the tags on the Obsidian Dwarves being global even though they were intended to be caste-only.
Have fun melting folks!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: August 15, 2011, 12:27:47 pm »

I just saw the South Park episode about spontaneous combustion and now the main topic is spontaneous combustion. What the?
Also, I DID just make someone combust.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:36:31 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: August 15, 2011, 04:01:54 pm »

my awesome swordmaster who had never been hit got shot in the head. with a single shot. through an iron helm. with a silver bolt.

that loss was not fun. =(

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: August 15, 2011, 05:02:45 pm »

Ahhhh, you really got to love hate bullshit deaths! Like when you have your foot torn off by a monitor lizard on your first quest and have to spend forever training your crutch walker skill high enough for your char to be of any use other than sword fodder.

Teronsuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: August 15, 2011, 10:25:54 pm »

After having a PEASANT starter take down 3 night creatures with no prior training through stabs with his iron spear, the 4th proved problematic, in that their first move was to tear off my spear arm. The adventure ended shortly after when they kicked in my skull.
Dear Unnamed Fire Imp,
 Get the fuck out of my magma vent. You've already killed one swordsdwarf as he jumped into the volcano to attack you and burned to death hundreds of Urists below.
- The Invisible Man in the Sky

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: August 15, 2011, 11:59:05 pm »

Hey go attack this outlaw as your first quest without any recruits.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What the fuck.
Ouch...
Well, that sucks.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: August 16, 2011, 12:40:08 am »

Sleeping in an abandoned fort, training up skills like archery. I have 24 copper arrows I'm re-using over and over by shooting while stealthed at buzzards up in the air. They only get used up when I actually hit something, so this may take a while. Once the buzzards fall I cross-train with a wooden training sword. When I switch to the actual iron bows, the hope is I won't have to have a different melee weapon.

Why I am I taking all this trouble? Because of the ZILLIONS of elves wandering around as bandits in this area. Can't (T)ravel anywhere for ambushes.

EDIT: also, the capital is not listed as nonexistant, it's listed as inaccessible! How can that even happen?
EDITx2: Fun fact: did you know that (in DF) you can keep biting a monkey's tail pretty much forever, and unless it comes off, the monkey won't die?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:31:44 am by Flaede »
[/quote]

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: August 16, 2011, 01:02:12 am »

Ahhh damn. I cant ever seem to be able to gen a good world for adventure mode. I like to have tons of sites, and I like savagry and beasts but the genesis mod has the illithid race which pretty much take over the world at high savagry. I also like diverse amounts of pre exsisting civs that survive, but once again, the illithids. And werewolves too. I think that Im just gonna have to turn savagry down.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: August 16, 2011, 01:19:57 am »

Ahhh damn. I cant ever seem to be able to gen a good world for adventure mode. I like to have tons of sites, and I like savagry and beasts but the genesis mod has the illithid race which pretty much take over the world at high savagry. I also like diverse amounts of pre exsisting civs that survive, but once again, the illithids. And werewolves too. I think that Im just gonna have to turn savagry down.

I find that if I increase the number of sites (both pre and post dawn-of-the-world) and the number of citizens, then more of the oddball races survive. It also depends how long you want gen to last. After all, I hear that the dragons don't grow up 'till year 1000.  Unfortunately it also makes for a russian roulette of "will it crash from too much going on?"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1104