Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099303 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1470 on: December 14, 2010, 03:22:18 pm »

Well, all my attacks at sleeping civ leader were blocked by his hood...
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: December 14, 2010, 06:32:47 pm »

well I learn a few things
1 spiders with knifes are awesome
2 elves can survive with a twisting knife in their heads being done by a spider.
3 when body swap as a bogeyman the rest will just passively spawn and ignore you... leading to if lucky a great raid on a bandit camp of professional stated creatures.

What happens when the sun comes up?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: December 14, 2010, 09:29:05 pm »

oh god researching different types of flags to use on my companions.
so far I tested out the ghost one... it's like NOCLIP in DF.
so far if you do it with out horribly dying you can possess items and fly all around the map with it.

well I learn a few things
1 spiders with knifes are awesome
2 elves can survive with a twisting knife in their heads being done by a spider.
3 when body swap as a bogeyman the rest will just passively spawn and ignore you... leading to if lucky a great raid on a bandit camp of professional stated creatures.

What happens when the sun comes up?
I guess poof

"hey I wonder where the most evilest thing you done in adventure mode went? "
*one google search later*
"oh wait it was deleted or something oh..."
poop there goes history of Olon Toolpalaces.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:31:34 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Gamer of Indie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: December 15, 2010, 04:53:30 am »

On my very first adventure, not knowing any better, I played as an elf. I didn't know as many of the controls as I do now, so I mostly just walked around the forest and danced with animals, like all prissy elves do. None of the animals seemed afraid of me or even remotely scared, so I just walked around, had fun with the descriptions, etc. Everything was nice and happy.

And then an eagle flew on screen. Said eagle did not like me for playing with the animals. He flew by, grabbed onto my head, ripped off my head, and then continued to fly away with my head.

Adventure mode is awesome~
Everyone knows dwarves pass knowledge through a mass collective, fueled by alcohol. Hence their inability to sustain themselves over long periods with water; they lose the dwarven empathic connection, and become singular and... sane. Which in turn drives them crazy!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: December 15, 2010, 07:03:28 am »

rolled a vampiress and the first quest was to attack some night demon.
So the first thing the vamp did was Charm a couple of peasant orcs to help take care of this beast... and a trog came to. When the vamp got there she was ambush by the Orcs who quickly made mince meat on the trog.
So she ran all the way to the night brute and plea to him on killing the band of backstabbers and the brute did. The night brute died of the wounds and the vamp headed off and summon a couple nice strong De-men to help her take on the bandits, which was going swell until they both died lucky for her person she was originally sent for to kill was swimming in his pool of blood. long before their deaths. Having done enough favors she decided to go have a nice chat with the orc lord on his people. It ended with the orc taking in 5 foot bronze spear down his throat. oh yeah she drank the blood of the lord and his men that day.

Oh and something about being surrounded by bogeymen and converting one into a Keeper as a pet toy.
other than that I'm figuring out where I can park this bloodlust broad in a hamlet that doesn't want her dead and build a nice vacation home.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: December 15, 2010, 11:40:37 am »

I have my first titled adventurer! And he's in one piece!
After a half a dozen attempts to get to a night creatures lair, which is to the south of this small continent i'm on, someway away from any civilisation, Toghorr Fogmachine finally managed to get to and kill this creature. Prior to that he was forced to run back north again with either dead, or dying companions after a series of ambushes. Some were won, some were lost, but he escaped to live another day.

To his name he now has nine or ten notable kills, over half a dozen of them the members of a Kobold ambush party which attempted to kill them while they slept, and around eight others. The Kobold party were in for a nasty shock - over a dozen of them attacked, the remaining three fled after killing a lone wrestler woman and having the rest of their number butchered before their eyes.

After the killing of a night creature and a jaguar, the party headed west around the mountains. Somewhere in all this the maceman went missing in a bout of bloodlust and charged off in one direction after a lone bogfrog, while one of the crossbowman charged after a wolf in another. After waiting with the first crossbowman for a while the blood-mad crossbowman returned. The maceman, however, disappeared. No one will ever know what came of him.  Some days later a snake man settlement was reached, and beyond that an almost abandoned fortress.

It would appear that after all this carnage Toghorr was given the title "The Orb Of Hushing". He now commands a small band of orcs and snake men. His next target is a night-creature not far south of the nearly-empty fortress.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: December 15, 2010, 11:53:28 am »

hey look 23 creatures in one lair
and I've gotten exactly 4 dwarves. including 2 meatsheilds. Fun.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1477 on: December 15, 2010, 04:15:09 pm »

My oldest fort dies so slowly that I decided to make copy of the save and try adventuring "early" via abandoning.

nothing special before i get closer to caves, but then...
"what is this web??"
"OLM Woman!(I had seen them in fort mode but no idea how tough they are)"
GCS appears injects poison and rips head off from the olm woman!

OH **** RRRRUUUUUNN!!!!!  :o :o :o

The first time I see GCS outside arena, and it sure got dramatic entrance...
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1478 on: December 15, 2010, 04:36:04 pm »

My oldest fort dies so slowly that I decided to make copy of the save and try adventuring "early" via abandoning.

nothing special before i get closer to caves, but then...
"what is this web??"
"OLM Woman!(I had seen them in fort mode but no idea how tough they are)"
GCS appears injects poison and rips head off from the olm woman!

OH **** RRRRUUUUUNN!!!!!  :o :o :o

The first time I see GCS outside arena, and it sure got dramatic entrance...

That's like something out of a movie. Sweet.

Meanwhile, I'm trekking around the caves with a tribe of Snakemen, looking for Hell. Is it possible to get in from adventure mode without a fort?
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: December 15, 2010, 06:01:37 pm »

now thay say that thay are unfit to come with me, dam woodcuters.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 15, 2010, 06:52:47 pm »

I created a (white) werewolf in genesis... they start with no backpack, don't wear armor, and supposedly lack the [CANOPENDOORS] tag... The local Nords didn't like me, either, so I was pretty much doomed to be eaten by bogeymen the first night...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: December 15, 2010, 06:56:29 pm »

I got sent on a quest to kill a bandit leader while I was an outsider of the Nords.

Me: Okay, okay I got this...
*approaches ringleader*
Me: PREPARE TO DIE HEATH- Why aren't you attacking me?
Ringleader: Greetings! I am *name here*.
Me: Okay, uh, well, would you like to join me or maybe help me kill some townspeo- *FACESTAB*
Ringleader: I AM *namehere*! PREPARE TO DIE!
And I shortly get minced and turned into mulch.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: December 15, 2010, 07:17:39 pm »

I just started a new adventure and started heading to the east, since to the west was an ocean. it was starting to get dark to I traveled to the nearest fortress.

... and when I got there I discovered it was made completely out of pitchblende

Good choice of building materials?

I just encountered a castle made completely out of pitchblende.

I hope this kingdom has free healthcare.

EDIT I took someone's advice and now when I do aimed attacks I look out for blue exclamation points. I just punched someone so hard in the face it killed him immediately.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:52:24 pm by OzyTheSage »

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 15, 2010, 08:00:27 pm »

... and when I got there I discovered it was made completely out of pitchblende

Good choice of building materials?
Hehe, yeah I found one of those with my adventurer. Also a fort made of gold, but I think the one made of uranium ore is more impressive

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1484 on: December 15, 2010, 09:17:53 pm »

Saw one of those, didn't think much of it, (assumed pitchblende must be some kind of obsidian quartz). I've also found one made out of solid native platinum, and another made of solid native gold. These humans know how to build.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 1104