Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099283 times)

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1440 on: December 08, 2010, 08:45:13 pm »

What can I say, one too many ambushes gets to you... Notice he's still conscious :P

You know, or not. I think that little Unconscious thing up there tipped me off.

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: December 09, 2010, 05:40:45 am »

Not as interesting as raping orphaned slave girls, but I think stabbing someone in the head with an arrow you ripped out of your leg qualifies as interesting.

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: December 09, 2010, 08:59:32 am »

I'm doing chores for a Demon Master in this fortress. He's a giant lizard/bird hybrid.

My first task as a "true hero" is to go out into a desert and butcher a gigantic predatory lizard.

My guess is he got beat up in highschool by this guy.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1443 on: December 09, 2010, 09:05:47 am »

Ha! I just did that; At this point I've dropped and thrown away two of my weapons, and one hand is attached to a dagger stuck in the side of 'is chest. A second hand is locked in a choke-hold on his throat, and with the third I proceeded to pull out the arrow in my chest, (the fourth still has it's shield at this point). Mind you, this crossbowman was the last member of a party that had killed 80% of my companions, and was in fact the one that had planted the bolt in my lung. So I figure I have him hoisted up and bleeding, and I go ahead and shove this arrow directly into his abdomen, (I imagine folding him over my hand with the blow), where it becomes lodged in his pancreas. From there I wrest it out of his guts, drop my shield, and place another hold on the back of his head before I jam the bolt through his skull.
Most brutal killing I've ever done.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: December 09, 2010, 11:58:50 am »

I just lost my best ever adventurer.

He was a swordsdwarf, and the most badass guy his world had ever seen. He had over 300 kills (ALL of them, with a steel short sword), including 5 dragons, 4 titans, 3 bronze colossi (I had to beat all their body parts to red before their head could be dismembered, took forever), 3 hydras, and several not so mighty yet still nasty critters, like giants, ettins, etc. Most of his kills were goblins and elves. He kept a bloodied barrel where he deposited the decapitated heads of notable enemies.

At one point, after he lost his two trusted sidekicks (and whiny elf girl and a human maceman, both reduced to grease by the second dragon he killed) he just went up against the hydras/dragons/titans alone. Eventually, after consecutively crushing the skulls of a giant and then a minotaur with his punches, I added the nickname "Punchmaster" to his name.

Then, one time he was sent to kill a hydra, and while Punchmaster was busy cutting it apart, the hydra had the nerve to bite him in the right foot, latching on, shaking, and dismembering it.

Enraged, and lying on the floor, having lost the ability to stand to a freaking weak-ass hydra, Punchmaster proceeded to quickly slaying it, severing a few of the heads in the process. He collected the first head, picked up his dismembered foot, which he kept, and slept for 24 hours in the lair. When he woke up he grabbed a crutch he found lying around amongst the loot, and went off for further adventuring.

But it was never the same again.

He was too slow now, and the crutch was a source of constant mockery for the disrespectful human children in town.

Furious and frustrated that he could not enter their houses while they slept and bite their heads off, to add to his head collection in the barrel, he set out for faraway lands. Killing several monsters along the way (including several goblins beaten to death with his severed foot), he eventually reached the "Ocean of the Scarce Waters", which, contrary to what you might think, was actually rather large, separating two continental masses.

"What the heck" he tought, and started swimming, never letting his disability bring him down. Even if it meant swimming across the ocean while lacking feet.

Unfortunately, as he was midway through his sea voyage, winter struck, and Punchmaster was forever encased in ice as the ocean around him froze.

Thob "Punchmaster" Bomrekast, the Beetles of Passion (the stupid nickname the PC gave him). No living or undead creature could kill you. It took an ocean, you grumpy, one footed, head collecting bastard.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Guuo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: December 09, 2010, 12:07:41 pm »

[epicstorytellingmode]
As I travelled the vast plains of The Spread Steppe with 2 of my dearest companions, I stumbled upon an orc (Genesis mod) ambush, waiting for inexperienced adventurers to walk into their trap. After revealing themselves their captain taunted me, certain that they will claim the victory today. [/epicstorytellingmode]

Too bad 3 of the 4 orcs spawned in the middle of a pack of elands. After taunting me, the orc captain, for reasons unknown to me, attacked one of the elands.
This is what the captain looked like after 10 turns or so. My speed was 1290.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did I mention there were about 20 elands?

Needless to say, the captain was totally annihilated and died in a few rounds after that pic, along with his 2 buddies who were with him in the pack of elands. In the meantime I killed the loner. Now my greatest worry is my own health, because my orc peasant companion thought it would be a good idea to have the elands turn hostile on us too. We'll see how this turns out. I'm glad the 2 other enemy orc bandits are still alive and tanking some of the elands with their bodies.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: December 09, 2010, 06:01:13 pm »

Rolled a demigod with the epic last name "Timebeast." I was like, "all right, this guy's gonna rock!" So he's got a sword and shield, knows how to swim, maximum toughness/endurance/agility out of the gate. I get every quest they want to give me in the starting town. The first one is to kill a bandit hammerdwarf. I set off for her camp and she's the only one there.

We rush each other and exchange a pair of powerful blows. She bashes me in the left upper arm, sending the bone through the muscle, but I sever her right foot with a slash at the same time. I keep trying to hit her but somehow she parries everything, even easy opportunity strikes. Then she hits me in the right lower arm and bruises the muscle.

I pass out and she crushes my head. End of Timebeast. More like "time to roll a new adventurer."  :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: December 09, 2010, 11:36:13 pm »

Testing the race changer darius made and well Igua the slat banshee companion is laying waste on this poor human spearwoman with her salty breath.
The 'trainer' is a pureblood bronze colossus Sil Nobotathel.
so far the change is fine just you have to NOT "L"ook "D"eeply at these creatures or the adventurer will lose their minds and crash. having them fight is a quick save and load to get their bodies right.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: December 10, 2010, 01:14:04 pm »

Well my latest orcish adventurer, Gamsir, went down in style. Well.. not quite, but close enough.

After setting out and recruiting a couple of guards I hit a lair, killed the inhabitants and went back to the fort. Got another guard headed towards a second lair.

On the way I was attacked by bears. We managed to see them off, although the first one I attacked bit my right hand off.
After emptying three more lairs, and gaining a party of six, including myself, we headed back to a fort to check ourselves and get some more people. we were attacked by a bunch of cobra and a few more bears, but killed them all without problem. Just west east of the fort we were attacked by a group of bandits, te Cavernous Locks.

The bandits in question outnumbered is us 2:1 but we put up a good fight anyway. There was a truly epic throwdown between my wrestler and their wrestler and by the end of it both of the combatants were looking awful, though I died before I could see the victor. This was the same wrestler who grabbed a leopard by the right testicle and proceeded to punch it in the face a lot. That guy was pretty mean. My spearman also made a good account of herself, having never received a scratch from the start, it appears that her multiple opponents were enough to give her a challenge, although it was eventually the leader of the pack, Sijin Trimchurch, who shot her from afar with a crossbow and she bled out on the ground after flawing two other opponents, although not killing them.

Gamsir himself gutted one orc axeman who bled out on the ground and smashed a maceman into unconsciousness  in a bid to help the spearwoman, who incidentally had more kills than he did. Then Sijin, having killed the spearwoman, turned her attention to Gamsir and as the orc charged across the ground at him, trying hard to stay in cover, she and another crossbowman shot him. His guts first hung out. Then another bolt severed them. Then another bolt severed his left arm, depriving him of any hands. At this point Gamsir attempted to escape but several more bolts soon punctured his hide enough to bleed him dry.

I think I would have had to retire poor Gamsir after that battle had I escaped. He had no hands and, quite literally, no guts. I suppose it's good that he went down in battle, though. No doubt some other adventurer will meet the crossbow wielding leader of the Cavernous Locks and, one can hope, kill the sonofabitch. It's a shame that no one will get to know about the other two monstrosities I slew.

Edit:

The Saga of Sijin continues

I had two very short lived adventures since then. The first, with two guards, was ambushed by the Cavernous Locks, headed by our lady Sijin again. This time it was not Sijin who struck the killing blow, but the wrestler, though she did help put a bunch of holes in the poor guy.

The second, Den, recruited two. Struck out for a camp - I just accepted all quests from the local so I wasn't sure who would turn up, but would you know it, it's Sijin again. She had us pinned down in a bit of a crater. At first we couldn't even see her and she was shooting us from above. We killed her hammerman before we even knew it was her. After climbing the hills and scouting the terrain Den was shot a couple of times and then the wrestler hoved into view. So I threw a knife at him. Sijin kept shooting at me, and the others were busy fighting some others, so it was just Den facing a maceman, the wrestler and Sijin. Set a couple of trees on fire to get some smoke screen, tussled with the wrestler for a bit. Fared much better than the previous game although I still couldn't hurt the guy enough to kill him so I had to run. During this encounter with the wrestler, Dens hand is also shot off by Sijin - this girl is MEAN. My own hammerman delayed the wrestler while I ran and my crossbow woman was shot down.

I ran back to the fortress, healed up and returned with two more orcs. My first step got me a crossbow bolt in the chest which chipped my spine. I get another one in the lungs and I'm mortally wounded. So I set a few trees on fire and tried to hide. Then an alligator attacks my swordsman and my crossbowman is, once again, picked off by our crossbow wielding Queen of the Cavernous Locks. Meanwhile I keep passing out and then I melt, unconscious, in the middle of a blaze.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:02:50 pm by MasterMorality »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1449 on: December 10, 2010, 01:26:33 pm »

A bolt severed his arm?  :o
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: December 10, 2010, 03:08:50 pm »

The left one, at the elbow.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: December 10, 2010, 03:19:44 pm »

I am thinking of a certain scene in Princess Mononoke...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:22:09 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 10, 2010, 03:25:14 pm »

I am thinking of a certain scene in Princess Mononoke...
Rofl!
Yup, that's about right.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 10, 2010, 09:13:20 pm »

well the first adventurer in deon's world got killed by a female balrog butcher.
how is from her standing ontop of her(dark dwarf) while she was stealth shooting fire bolts at a moon troll.

sadly the game crash from from looking at the once human balrog, Balog?
I think it's from the eyecolor/haircolor RNG description gets lost.

I bit the head off a night creature as a dark dwarf.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:01:54 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 11, 2010, 03:27:16 am »

My adventure somehow killed a hill titan, by biting his head and ripping it off. Wish I took a screenshot of it when I had the chance. :(
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 1104